UK Politics

kalifire

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

they learn everything they need to know from the internet by the age of 5.

he had a full-on gf (who lived a few doors along the street) by the time he was ten and reckon she might have taught him what the internet didn't.

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not a clue why that needs approval ... weird , maybe something Neil setup with his corbyn hatred 🙂 

nowt to do with me, not corbyn hatred its corbyn fact-stating. something the corbyn fans can't stand because it show their guy is short of perfect.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

One big difference between Blair's and Starmer's...the no rise in income tax rates pledge.

did corbyn make that pledge??

5 hours ago, Neil said:

nowt to do with me, not corbyn hatred its corbyn fact-stating. something the corbyn fans can't stand because it show their guy is short of perfect.

No one is perfect but I do believe he’s a decent bloke and he was acting with good intentions, which I don’t think is the case with many (any) Tories. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

No one is perfect but I do believe he’s a decent bloke and he was acting with good intentions, which I don’t think is the case with many (any) Tories. 

its not really tories he needs to be measured against, he's best known for his failure as labour leader, there were other option for labour  leader, the fault lies with those who voted for him as leader without knowing about him.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

its not really tories he needs to be measured against, he's best known for his failure as labour leader, there were other option for labour  leader, the fault lies with those who voted for him as leader without knowing about him.

do you think we’d be in a better or worse situation as a country now if he’d led labour to victory in 2019? 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

do you think we’d be in a better or worse situation as a country now if he’d led labour to victory in 2019? 

I think he would have been out of depth. I think he liked being leader of the opposition and people singing his name. I don’t think he would have liked being in power and making tough decisions.

I think any Corbyn led government would have fallen apart and we would therefore be in a worse position now.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think he would have been out of depth. I think he liked being leader of the opposition and people singing his name. I don’t think he would have liked being in power and making tough decisions.

I think any Corbyn led government would have fallen apart and we would therefore be in a worse position now.

I agree with the first part, I doubt he’d still be leader if he’d become PM.  

But it’s not like we haven’t seen our actual government fall apart during their parliament! 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

there was no chance of that victory, do you think we'd be we’d be in a better or worse situation as a country now if someone had led labour to victory in 2019? 

35 minutes ago, Neil said:

there was no chance of that victory, do you think we'd be we’d be in a better or worse situation as a country now if someone had led labour to victory in 2019? 

I think we’d be a nicer country, not sure about economically to be honest but the division stoking, culture wars, picking on the poor and weak, anti-trans, anti-immigration etc shift to the right makes me feel we’re in a worse situation as a country. I actually don’t like this country at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think we’d be a nicer country, not sure about economically to be honest but the division stoking, culture wars, picking on the poor and weak, anti-trans, anti-immigration etc shift to the right makes me feel we’re in a worse situation as a country. I actually don’t like this country at the moment. 

the people who supported corbyn gave the tories that free pass. it was just like the gaza conflict; predictable consequences.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

the people who supported corbyn gave the tories that free pass. it was just like the gaza conflict; predictable consequences.

alternatively, the people in the Labour Party who opposed Corbyn gave the Tories a free pass. Whilst I don't pretend that Corbyn was the ideal leader, I would much prefer he had won and avoided us suffering the succession of amoral, incompetent, corrupt leaders the Tories have inflicted on us. 

Well we don't know how it would have turned out, he would have had to deal with covid, ukraine and inflation which would have used up a lot of time, energy and money, and maybe prevented them from doing a lot of the stuff they wanted to do. Whether he would have made it to the end of term I doubt, the papers would have had a field day. Not sure we'd be a nicer country either, there would still be front page stories about boats of migrants coming over or trans stuff or woke stuff, but maybe would be improved without a government stoking it like we have had. If Labour had won in 2017 is also an interesting one, what sort of brexit would we have got etc?

5 hours ago, LJS said:

alternatively, the people in the Labour Party who opposed Corbyn gave the Tories a free pass. Whilst I don't pretend that Corbyn was the ideal leader, I would much prefer he had won and avoided us suffering the succession of amoral, incompetent, corrupt leaders the Tories have inflicted on us. 

I think we would have still ever up with a succession of those leaders, they would have just been delayed.

5 hours ago, LJS said:

I would have thought that the people who didn't support Corbyn were the ones that gave the Tories a free pass - as so often here we are told 'a vote for **not Labour** is a vote for the Tories'............................

but we will never know, it is long gone history and means nothing now so not really sure why some keep dragging it up LOL

6 hours ago, LJS said:

its not opposing corbyn to speak the facts about him, his supporters like their own facts about him.

53 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I would have thought that the people who didn't support Corbyn were the ones that gave the Tories a free pass - as so often here we are told 'a vote for **not Labour** is a vote for the Tories'............................

but we will never know, it is long gone history and means nothing now so not really sure why some keep dragging it up LOL

if its not dragged up the unrelenting idiots will do the same again.  some are still at it - slagging off the guy who makes corbyn look sh*t with his competence.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Sad days...my twitter suddenly became x.com and tweets will no longer embed.

@eFestivals reckon that'll get fixed in a coming upgrade to the forums software