Wilderness Festival 2024

crocks

Hi there, me and some pals are thinking about going to Wilderness in 2024. We're just trying to work out the alcohol rules as they seem quite strict.

1. are they actually strict with searches on the way in?

2. do they actually search you going into the arena? Says you can only drink your own booze at the campsite. I don't fancy paying 10 quid for a pint all day whilst I watch the music and on the big nights out, 

Anyone with any experience of previous years can help out?

Not been for  a few years - and that is partly cos of the ridiculous searches on entrance despite long queues and then the searches on the way into the arena.

We ended up leaving some booze in the car and sitting in the car park having a drink rather than at the tent cos prices inside are ridiculous.

On 1/10/2024 at 1:36 PM, crocks said:

Hi there, me and some pals are thinking about going to Wilderness in 2024. We're just trying to work out the alcohol rules as they seem quite strict.

1. are they actually strict with searches on the way in?

2. do they actually search you going into the arena? Says you can only drink your own booze at the campsite. I don't fancy paying 10 quid for a pint all day whilst I watch the music and on the big nights out, 

Anyone with any experience of previous years can help out?

I was there last year. You can bring alcohol to drink at the campsite. They have alcohol limits and they will open your bags to check you meet them. I presume that if you go during peak times, the chances are that they might not have time to check your bag. Yes, there are searches when you go to the arena to make sure you don't bring any alcohol. I saw people concealing their small bottles in their clothes at night time. It might or it might not work. Drinks are expensive but not too different from other festivals.

I've been 5 years now.

They are fairly strict with alcohol searches on the way in but I've always had loads more in a large cool box and said it's shared between several people, they've never actually counted them.

Entering the arena there is a checkpoint where they check bags but if you have drinks concealed in pockets etc. they don't search your person. Just don't walk up to them with a drink obviously in hand. I've never had to queue entering the arena, it's just 2 people stood by a gate stopping people with bags.

Weird that the line up isn't out yet. For 2023, the line-up was announced in November 2022! I've been told it's coming very soon so finger's crossed!

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 10:30 AM, Nick-bristol said:

Weird that the line up isn't out yet. For 2023, the line-up was announced in November 2022! I've been told it's coming very soon so finger's crossed!

Having checked back a few years it seems 2023 was earlier than previous years, so while frustrating now I guess it's not that big a deal.

Also, the amount of Latitude social media going on right now it shows where Festival Republic are currently focusing. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 10:30 AM, Nick-bristol said:

I've been 5 years now.

They are fairly strict with alcohol searches on the way in but I've always had loads more in a large cool box and said it's shared between several people, they've never actually counted them.

Entering the arena there is a checkpoint where they check bags but if you have drinks concealed in pockets etc. they don't search your person. Just don't walk up to them with a drink obviously in hand. I've never had to queue entering the arena, it's just 2 people stood by a gate stopping people with bags.

There are queues but its only at peak times (morning wave, afternoon wave, evening wave and night wave). Night is best because it's easier to conceal and everyone's attention spans are much weaker

• 2 weeks later...

Someone posted this on Reddit. I asked for a source but they've since deleted their account...

2024 line up

renderTimingPixel.png

Shh dont tell anyone but

Jungle Romy Lapsley Pete Tong: Ibiza Classics Willie J Healy

Mumford and Sons Britney Howard English Teacher The Mary Wallopers

Jessie Ware Sampha BC Camplight Holly Humberstone

Edited by Nick-bristol

25 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

If a commercial festival in july hasnt announced by now having not sold out in advance then surely its cancelled?

it would need to be this week at the absolute latest

It’s Wednesday 

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

If a commercial festival in july hasnt announced by now having not sold out in advance then surely its cancelled?

it would need to be this week at the absolute latest

And its in August, and I've just been confirmed to work it.