Y Not 2024

beau1

10 hours ago, Conners2390 said:

I will have some names shortly for certain but what I’ve heard so far idles, Ashcroft, prodigy, catfish won’t be playing for anyone wondering 

Catfish almost certainly too big now with the reunion hype, and being R+L headliners (I get it's a weak booking but that's their perceived level right now).

On 11/29/2023 at 11:50 PM, Conners2390 said:

I will have some names shortly for certain but what I’ve heard so far idles, Ashcroft, prodigy, catfish won’t be playing for anyone wondering 

Shame about Prodigy. Would have been great to see them or Chems or Underworld headline the Friday night. 

8 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Festival Republic headliner bookings are usually tied to their festivals.  YNot and Tramlines etc are rival company Super Struct.   

Hopefully different this year.

Thought it would be something like that so thanks for the clarity! 🙂

• 1 month later...

I didn’t word my last message great. Idles, Ashcroft and prodigy ARE possibles also Gerry for the Saturday night slot. Heard a big wildcard aswell no idea who. Maybe a Noel Gallagher? But that’s what I’ve got for you this year expect an announcement in the next couple of weeks 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Conners2390 said:

I didn’t word my last message great. Idles, Ashcroft and prodigy ARE possibles also Gerry for the Saturday night slot. Heard a big wildcard aswell no idea who. Maybe a Noel Gallagher? But that’s what I’ve got for you this year expect an announcement in the next couple of weeks 

Anyone but Ashcroft 😩 

Still hoping for Elbow for this or Tramlines, maybe Sunday night

One of these two festivals at least also needs to get a female headliner pretty sharpish

8 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

Anyone but Ashcroft 😩 

One of these two festivals at least also needs to get a female headliner pretty sharpish

I mean I could still see wolf Alice doing festivals this year bc they’re set to release a new album and they haven’t played in quite a few years now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

I mean I could still see wolf Alice doing festivals this year bc they’re set to release a new album and they haven’t played in quite a few years now 

Fingers crossed! They are high on my wish list. Superb live band. Not sure they'd get a headline slot though - perhaps 2nd stage headline.

18 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Fingers crossed! They are high on my wish list. Superb live band. Not sure they'd get a headline slot though - perhaps 2nd stage headline.

I mean they subbed main stage in 2019 I can definitely see them headlining if their new album gets a decent reception

11 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

Anyone but Ashcroft 😩 

Anyone but Ashcroft but you'll have Elbow?, that's hella boring!

1 hour ago, sheffinghell said:

They headlined Latitude so that puts them up there for this size festival surely 

47 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Anyone but Ashcroft but you'll have Elbow?, that's hella boring!

At least they'll have something new to offer with an album coming out. Just find Ashcroft an annoying human being and underwhelming live act (seen him solo twice and with the Verve). 

1 hour ago, sheffinghell said:

At least they'll have something new to offer with an album coming out. Just find Ashcroft an annoying human being and underwhelming live act (seen him solo twice and with the Verve). 

New doesn't mean godo though, I just find Elow the most average boring dreary band myself, up there with trying to listen to some of Paulo Nutini.

Ashcroft isn't poor live, that's one thing even people I've spoke to and friends who aren't major Verve fans don't agree on.

21 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

I got a bit bored and so made a little prediction/ wishlist 

IMG_1267.jpeg

Libertines aren't headlining these days

They feel like a push for even Truck at this point