Paredes de Coura 2024

Naran Jitu

Disclaimer: I'm a mid-40's unhip old school indie rocker 😄

That's the single best lineup announcement I've seen so far this year. Besides Gilsons, who I'm not familiar with, I'll gladly take all those names. Superchunk and Nouvelle Vague haven't been announced elsewhere, as far as I know? At least something different.

And I've never seen Superchunk. They've played in my country once, as far as I can see.

43 minutes ago, mortand said:

Disclaimer: I'm a mid-40's unhip old school indie rocker 😄

That's the single best lineup announcement I've seen so far this year. Besides Gilsons, who I'm not familiar with, I'll gladly take all those names. Superchunk and Nouvelle Vague haven't been announced elsewhere, as far as I know? At least something different.

And I've never seen Superchunk. They've played in my country once, as far as I can see.

Superchunk are playing for the very first time in Portugal. Gilsons are a brazilian band consisting of some sons and grandsons of the Brazilian legend Gilberto Gil.

7 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pode ser uma imagem de ‎texto que diz "‎VODAFONE PAREDES BCOURA 17 AGOSTO 2024 CAT POWER SLEATER-KINNEY DESTROY BOYS BRANKO BENJAMIM نس‎"‎

Shaping good. It seems that it is a year without a headliner capable of selling tickets by himself.

It is a festival for music lovers and not for big headliners. I think that it is the debut of Sleater-Kinney in Portugal. Would love to see them, but unfortunately, I will not be there.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

This line up couldn't be any more of a complete change in direction compared to last year. 

And there I was happy with the pop/hip-hop acts last year..

Another one here that would have loved to keep the 23 direction, but it seems the attendance didn't match the expectations. 

But if these are the headliners they are betting on, I'm not sure they are going to be much more successful. They promised big names and so far it has been underwhelming

3 hours ago, Naran Jitu said:

Another one here that would have loved to keep the 23 direction, but it seems the attendance didn't match the expectations. 

But if these are the headliners they are betting on, I'm not sure they are going to be much more successful. They promised big names and so far it has been underwhelming

After going last year and having the best time (it's honestly one of the best festivals I've ever been to), I wanted to go back this year. But I barely know anyone on this year's line up. Sure, last year's line up didn't sell well apparently (apart from the Lorde day), but like you say, I can't see how this is going to sell anymore tickets at all. 

I'm surprised they haven't got some more indie/rock bands in there, or even some more synth vibes like jungle or parcels. They would fit the festival well and attract some more people. At the moment, sure the usual crowd will go, but they aren't getting anyone coming extra for these names.

3 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

What exactly did he say regarding QOTSA in 2025?

that since then can't go in 2024, that they can go in 2025,  but  made the remark that like in football,  what today is true ,  tomorrow may be the opposite.  So  there is no confirmation that they will be in 2025 at the card , only the possibility

• Thanks 1