Paredes de Coura 2024

Naran Jitu

6 minutes ago, DDave said:

The Punk band I've been talking about here, they and 3 others will be announced.

Parcels were also close but it ended up being Girl in Red.

29 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

The Punk band I've been talking about here, they and 3 others will be announced.

Well then they are making it easier for me not to go this year. Parcels would have been a game changer. 

Underwhelming edition. Unless last minute surprise, I'll pass. Hoping the best for next year. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

IDLES, Protomartyr, Model/Actriz, Sprints.
Impressive announcement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, pm2001 said:

Is there gonna be any more headliners or do you think all headliners are announced already?

In any way idles and model/actriz are great adittions

It's hard to predict, sometimes even when the bill is complete it's difficult to understand who'll be headlining a day.
18 acts are missing, more ore less, and some nice surprises are coming for sure.
It's shaping really good this year for my tastes.

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

It's hard to predict, sometimes even when the bill is complete it's difficult to understand who'll be headlining a day.
18 acts are missing, more ore less, and some nice surprises are coming for sure.
It's shaping really good this year for my tastes.

According to the poster, i think we have:

IDLES - 14 or 15

Girl in Red - 16

Fontaines DC - 17

Maybe one is missing.

2 hours ago, joselito said:

IDLES - 14 or 15

Girl in Red - 16

Fontaines DC - 17

Maybe one is missing.

16:
Cat Power
Girl in Red 

17:
Fontaines DC, 
The Jesus and Mary Chain, 
Slowdive, 
Baxter Dury

21 hours ago, pm2001 said:

Is there gonna be any more headliners or do you think all headliners are announced already?

In any way idles and model/actriz are great adittions

Biggest headliner was supposed to be QOSTA, but they couldn't and ended up going to the Vilar de Mouros Festival

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, joselito said:

IDLES - 14 or 15

Girl in Red - 16

Fontaines DC - 17

Maybe one is missing.

It's a festival that doesn't always have a proper day headliner.
If you look to 2023 final poster, on the first line you find Lorde, Little Simz, Wilco and Loyle Carner but Lorde and Wilco played on the same day, while none from the first day is on the first line of the poster. 13 names are written in a bigger font than the other ones so they look more like 13 co-headliners.
It's a festival that always tries and book the biggest number of quality names on tour in August, but still keeping a cheap ticket. And I think they're doing an impressive job.
Around 18 names are missing and I think a couple of them will be quite big... And most of them will be good 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

If you look to 2023 final poster, on the first line you find Lorde, Little Simz, Wilco and Loyle Carner but Lorde and Wilco played on the same day, while none from the first day is on the first line of the poster. 13 names are written in a bigger font than the other ones so they look more like 13 co-headliners.
It's a festival that always tries and book the biggest number of quality names on tour in August, but still keeping a cheap ticket. And I think they're doing an impressive job.
Around 18 names are missing and I think a couple of them will be quite big... And most of them will be good 🙂

Joao performs "miracles", Parede de Coura is on the same weekend as Pukkelpop (Belgium) and Lowlans (Netherlands), in short it is not easy to convince the "big" bands that are at one end of Europe and come to Portugal, besides Furthermore, Paredes de Coura does not have hotels because it is a small town, it happens that the artists have to stay in Porto which is more than 100 km from Paredes de Coura, this is the same with the Vilar de Mouros Festival.

In 2018, Arcade Fire rejected 3 festivals to perform in Paredes de Coura, because they loved the vibe of the audience and the venue itself, which is a natural amphitheater.

It's not my favorite festival in Portugal, my favorite is Festival Vilar de Mouros, but I go to Coura and I've seen good concerts there, I really admire the work of organizing both festivals.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

Ye I know, its my favourite festival of all time because of the amount of new good band i foind out about there 🙂

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Joao performs "miracles", Parede de Coura is on the same weekend as Pukkelpop (Belgium) and Lowlans (Netherlands), in short it is not easy to convince the "big" bands that are at one end of Europe and come to Portugal, besides Furthermore, Paredes de Coura does not have hotels because it is a small town, it happens that the artists have to stay in Porto which is more than 100 km from Paredes de Coura, this is the same with the Vilar de Mouros Festival.

In 2018, Arcade Fire rejected 3 festivals to perform in Paredes de Coura, because they loved the vibe of the audience and the venue itself, which is a natural amphitheater.

It's not my favorite festival in Portugal, my favorite is Festival Vilar de Mouros, but I go to Coura and I've seen good concerts there, I really admire the work of organizing both festivals.

I completely agree, I think the booking work is impeccable. I only postponed my visit to the festival due to the problem of sleeping, I really can't camp. But this year I had a great incentive, I booked a room nearby, rented a car, and I'll be in Coura for at least two days.

Looking at some videos of the crowd, mainly at front row, it´s crazy. Can´t wait for that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joselito said:

I completely agree, I think the booking work is impeccable. I only postponed my visit to the festival due to the problem of sleeping, I really can't camp. But this year I had a great incentive, I booked a room nearby, rented a car, and I'll be in Coura for at least two days.

Looking at some videos of the crowd, mainly at front row, it´s crazy. Can´t wait for that.

I hope you like it and enjoy it a lot.
The line-up will be closed by the 15th of this month.