2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Lineup survey for 2025 is on socials. I answered the following: 

5 headliners: My Chemical Romance, Kendrick Lamar, Paramore, The Strokes & Tyler the Creator 

3 headliners from the list: Metallica, Travis Scott & Tame Impala 

5 non-headline acts: Turnstile, IDLES, Chase & Status, Little Simz & Knocked Loose

3 non-headliners from the list: Deftones, KoRn & Bloc Party 

3 more non-headliners from the list: Lil Nas X, Limp Bizkit & Machine Gun Kelly 

I couldn’t help but notice there were far more heavy options to choose from compared to the last few surveys. I was surprised to see some names in there. 

I went with

5 Headliners: Olivia Rodrigo, Machine Gun Kelly, BMTH, Tame Impala & Travis Scott

3 from list: Olivia Rodrigo, Machine Gun Kelly & Tame Impala

5 Acts: Better Lovers, Joey Valence & Brae, Snayx, Kid Kapichi & Soft Play

3 from list: Cage The Elephant, Courteeners & Girl In Red

3 more from list: Nothing But Thieves, Pierce The Veil & Yungblud

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Lineup survey for 2025 is on socials. I answered the following: 

5 headliners: My Chemical Romance, Kendrick Lamar, Paramore, The Strokes & Tyler the Creator 

3 headliners from the list: Metallica, Travis Scott & Tame Impala 

5 non-headline acts: Turnstile, IDLES, Chase & Status, Little Simz & Knocked Loose

3 non-headliners from the list: Deftones, KoRn & Bloc Party 

3 more non-headliners from the list: Lil Nas X, Limp Bizkit & Machine Gun Kelly 

I couldn’t help but notice there were far more heavy options to choose from compared to the last few surveys. I was surprised to see some names in there. 

Where do i find the survey please?

nvm, found it thank you. Was surprised to see Miley Cyrus on there as a potential headliner ngl !

Edited by FestivalJamie

5 headliners: Drake, Travis Scott, Olivia Rodrigo, Playboi Carti, Dua Lipa

3 headliners from the list: Usher, Calvin Harris, Zach Bryan

5 non-headline acts: Sabrina Carpenter, Ice Spice, Jungle, Tyla, 49th & Main

3 non-headliners from the list: Brent Faiyaz, Bryson Tiller, KAYTRANADA

3 more non-headliners from the list: PARTYNEXTDOOR, Rex Orange County, Peggy Gou

On 5/15/2024 at 10:48 PM, WhoOdyssey said:

Interesting to see Zach Bryan on the headliner list. He probably won't do R/L, but I wonder what size venues he'd play over here? I can't tell if he's Wembley Arena or O2 sized, possibly the latter. 

never heard of this guy (whats with all these shite country acts recently!?!)

Could be a shoe in for BST if the Morgan Wallen date goes well maybe?

11 hours ago, gfa said:

never heard of this guy (whats with all these shite country acts recently!?!)

Could be a shoe in for BST if the Morgan Wallen date goes well maybe?

Country's doing very very well atm! We've even got Morgan Wallen at #2 in the UK charts currently with a Post Malone collab. 

Zach Bryan is a bit different from the usual bro-country fare though in fairness. He's a bit more folky/Americana and does very well critically. 

9 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Country's doing very very well atm! We've even got Morgan Wallen at #2 in the UK charts currently with a Post Malone collab. 

Zach Bryan is a bit different from the usual bro-country fare though in fairness. He's a bit more folky/Americana and does very well critically. 

That is absolute sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

That is absolute sh*t. 

It would be absolutely hilarious if this is the trend that takes over from rap etc with the kids

basically can’t go further the other way

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 10:06 PM, WhoOdyssey said:

If they wanted to gamble on a country headliner then hands down it should be Luke Combs. The only other one I can really think of is Shania Twain if they decided to go for a nostalgia country act. Don't think anyone else would be big enough unless they can pull of what I would assume is impossible to get Taylor Swift.

I would be interested to see how acts that are mixing rock, rap and country such as Jelly Roll and Hardy would go down with the younger crowds, as they do some interesting stuff.

A country headliner would go down like a lead balloon. That would be an horrific choice.

Kind of feel like they've missed the boat with Rodrigo, she will play Glastonbury i imagine next year.

Dua Lipa 

BMTH / Paramore

Foo Fighters

Noah Kahan

Lorde

Yungblud - 2025 is a biggy for YB, i dont know this as a fact.

YB under BMTH, Lorde under Dua and Noah under Foos, 

Something like that maybe. No i havent checked tour schedules as i cant be arsed. 

I have two girls so my music taste has changed massively so having a strong female representation would be ideal. Id like to see the likes of Griff, Sigrid, Wolf Alice, Ashnikko (unlikely), Sabrina Carpenter, Maisie Peters, Girl in Red, Babeadoobee etc get decent slots.

On 5/22/2024 at 9:14 AM, RedJosh said:

If they wanted to gamble on a country headliner then hands down it should be Luke Combs. The only other one I can really think of is Shania Twain if they decided to go for a nostalgia country act. Don't think anyone else would be big enough unless they can pull of what I would assume is impossible to get Taylor Swift.

I would be interested to see how acts that are mixing rock, rap and country such as Jelly Roll and Hardy would go down with the younger crowds, as they do some interesting stuff.

Shania Twain’s Reading festival in 2025 🤣

The festival would truly be dead

Luckily the chances of it happening are exactly zero

On 5/22/2024 at 2:14 PM, RedJosh said:

insane take

may as well get dolly parton on too 

On 5/24/2024 at 11:35 AM, Benj said:

Shania Twain’s Reading festival in 2025 🤣

The festival would truly be dead

Luckily the chances of it happening are exactly zero

1 hour ago, gfa said:

insane take

may as well get dolly parton on too 

I wasn't saying they should or would, I was saying that if they wanted a country headliner other than Luke Combs, she would theoretically be big enough if they wanted to go down the nostalgia route...

Obviously booking someone for a festival of predominantly young people is different to her playing arenas to 30 and 40 somethings, but she has sold way more tickets here than any country artist in the UK over the last 10 years (She did 8 sold out arena shows last September).

55 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

I wasn't saying they should or would, I was saying that if they wanted a country headliner other than Luke Combs, she would theoretically be big enough if they wanted to go down the nostalgia route...

Obviously booking someone for a festival of predominantly young people is different to her playing arenas to 30 and 40 somethings, but she has sold way more tickets here than any country artist in the UK over the last 10 years (She did 8 sold out arena shows last September).

Morgan Wallen has a younger crowd and his dates seemed to have done well, I reckon he could easily have done more.

10 hours ago, RedJosh said:

Dont reckon there’s many 40 somethings going to see Shania Twain

Reckon it was 30-40 somethings into her back in whenever it was. No one in their 20s was ever into Shania Twain

9 hours ago, stanh said:

Morgan Wallen has a younger crowd and his dates seemed to have done well, I reckon he could easily have done more.

I think this needs knocking on the head, it’s absolutely lowest common denominator stuff music wise, as basic as basic gets

My mate messaged me the other day saying he’s gotten into country music lately and cited Morgan Wallen as one of the best artists. I listened to a few songs and it’s shite. I cannot ever see a time where country music becomes widespread popular enough in this country to headline a major festival like R&L. It is too American. It sounds like a South Park parody. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

My mate messaged me the other day saying he’s gotten into country music lately and cited Morgan Wallen as one of the best artists. I listened to a few songs and it’s shite. I cannot ever see a time where country music becomes widespread popular enough in this country to headline a major festival like R&L. It is too American. It sounds like a South Park parody. 

I gave him a listen based on comments in this thread and it’s properly, properly awful. 

It’s so cliched it’s funny “Drinkign too much whiskey, driving my Chevy, had an argument with my lady”

It will be laughed out of town soon enough, as country always has in the UK, when they realised if it was just some drunk from Scotland doing it no one would be interesting.  *glances at Jerry Cinnamon second* 😬

• Upvote 2