Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Nothing dodgy about them videoing themselves at all….

I mean there is a chance they've got lucky randomly ... think we had one of these last year , but could easily have put it back together 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I mean there is a chance they've got lucky randomly ... think we had one of these last year , but could easily have put it back together 

I’m always sceptical myself.  Anyway, FairPlay to them. 

17 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

that’s the tent emoji 🎪

Bit is it a tent plus bigger flag? 

On my phone the tent emoji looks like this...

Screenshot_20240415_180753_Chrome.jpg.c6355f997aa7e601e44a471d4aaf2873.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide

8 hours ago, cb4747 said:

So you can only access rewards if you've topped up £10 in the last 6 weeks apparently. 

Do you think they mean you can't get a sneaky sim and top up £10 now? You'd need to have already done it before the competition started?

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Bit is it a tent plus bigger flag? 

On my phone the tent emoji looks like this...

Screenshot_20240415_180753_Chrome.jpg.c6355f997aa7e601e44a471d4aaf2873.jpg

This answer is more complicated than you'd expect.

https://beta.emojipedia.org/circus-tent

The short answer is - it's 1, but zoom out, you're only showing part of it. Looks like they're using the Apple ones (which, I'd argue, is a tad unfair).

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Nothing dodgy about them videoing themselves at all….

I’m always sceptical about videos like this but I don’t know if that’s the pessimist in me talking (and being overly critical of what I see on the internet before believing it etc).

Could it be that people are putting their wins on social media to monetise their win by getting 'hits? I don't know much about this area (which probably shows) but know from the media that 'influencers' get their money this way. It'd be easy to slightly re-glue a wrapper and then start filming yourself re-opening the chocolate bar. 

13 hours ago, sunnyshoes said:

Do you think they mean you can't get a sneaky sim and top up £10 now? You'd need to have already done it before the competition started?

I bought a sim and put a tenner on yesterday. It does say as I’m a new customer it can take a few days to access the rewards. I’ll keep you posted if it works 🤞IMG_2511.thumb.jpeg.a6bf48bb893315729415515218df54cf.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The Vodafone app competition might be a one and done entry, I've just checked and it hasn't refreshed to allow me to enter again. A lot of their reward competitions you can enter every day that the thing is running for, isn't that how they did the Glastonbury one last year?

1 hour ago, dirtysteve said:

The Vodafone app competition might be a one and done entry, I've just checked and it hasn't refreshed to allow me to enter again. A lot of their reward competitions you can enter every day that the thing is running for, isn't that how they did the Glastonbury one last year?

same here, I presumed it was 1 a day like last year but perhaps not. Need to read the fine print!

19 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

how much of this are you drinking ? 

None really.

The only one I originally thought was anywhere near drinkable was best of the zest, but it didn't take many drinks to decide it wasn't. It really reminds me of something I used to drink as a kid, might have been Tango, with a mildly alcoholic edge. Not really something I want to drink a lot of.

2 hours ago, BillieBobs said:

I bought a sim and put a tenner on yesterday. It does say as I’m a new customer it can take a few days to access the rewards. I’ll keep you posted if it works 🤞IMG_2511.thumb.jpeg.a6bf48bb893315729415515218df54cf.jpeg

Thanks for the heads' up. I bought one yesterday, but need to find a phone to put it in, hopefully this evening when I've got a break at work.

58 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

same here, I presumed it was 1 a day like last year but perhaps not. Need to read the fine print!

Just pulled up the vodafone t&c's. "Prizes will be randomly allocated according to a pre-allocated algorithm. Using this method one entry can be submitted per user". So it looks like its a one try only competition.

3 hours ago, al_coholic said:

It does look horribly staged and not spontaneous at all. Plus she doesn't seem that excited when she wins. 

I did think this. I know different people show shock/excitement in different ways blah blah blah, but when I was on the Radio last year the last thing on my mind was to film myself, it's a good thing I didn't because I screamed and cried like I had won the lottery, just the audio of me screaming is enough 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1