2025 Headliners

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

I reckon Lorde could sub in 2025 too if the new album is released this year / early next year 

Yeah Lorde is a other shout. The idea of Nick Cave, Lorde, Raye and maybe Jorja Smith subbing is tragic mind. I'd say Sam Smith but he would probably ask to headline....if that ever happened my days will be done. I dint think they are that far off currently really. 

7 hours ago, Neil said:

did anyone manage to collect on a bet this year?

I took home money on Dua Lipa headlining. Coldplay was never high enough odds to make anything on and I'd put a fair guess no one won anything on SZA....don't even think she was in the running at very low odds.

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yeah Lorde is an other shout. The idea of Nick Cave, Lorde, Raye and maybe Jorja Smith subbing is tragic mind. I'd say Sam Smith but he would probably ask to headline....if that ever happened my days will be done. I dint think they are that far off currently really. 

Lorde subbed in 2022 so I reckon she would take that spot again rather than be on the other stage. Raye I don’t know whether she would be sub on main or headline the other stage 

10 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Lorde subbed in 2022 so I reckon she would take that spot again rather than be on the other stage. Raye I don’t know whether she would be sub on main or headline the other stage 

Lorde might not even accept sub if another album goes well. She has done top spots overseas for a while now and another solid album would either put her in headline territory or she wouldn't play and take other options/probably like the second headlining spot for Reading for example.

All I will maintain is, this festival should book acts of the highest size they can to make the biggest lineup they can with a mix of options whoever those acts are and I maintain that. If you have to book an act that makes it weaker because people may not be big enough/ready for that slot and you are forcing it to make it happen then in my opinion don't do it. This goes for anyone of any genre male or female.

51 minutes ago, sisco said:

Sam Fender, Olivia Rodrigo and an unrealistic Taylor Swift

with prominent spots for Catfish and the Bottlemen, Pulp, Jorja Smith, Nick Cave, Vampire Weekend, Wet Leg and Raye

I don't think you'll get Wet Leg, I reckon that was this year to happen. Rihanna is my bet.

I would not be surprised by Nick Cave, Pulp and Doja Cat as subs. Catfish 3rd down on Pyramid or subbing other.

Jorja Smith, something like C&S and Raye for Other. You're barely getting anything arena sized 3rd down this year so. I think you have to look at the pop acting covering afro, new r&b, grime etc and expect them there.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Lorde might not even accept sub if another album goes well. She has done top spots overseas for a while now and another solid album would either put her in headline territory or she wouldn't play and take other options/probably like the second headlining spot for Reading for example.

Definitely, but it’s dependent on the success of the album- because Solar power wasn’t viewed as a ‘commercial’ success, it’s going to be interesting what the next album brings.

I already thought Lorde would be possible for R&L 2025/2026 and also Isle of Wight would be possible for her, so maybe she wouldn’t do glasto again, although she did say it was a dream of hers to play Glastonbury before, but maybe that’s been ‘fulfilled now’.

I agree about not ‘forcing’ anyone into the top spot, it will be interesting to see how this year’s headliners do.

7 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Definitely, but it’s dependent on the success of the album- because Solar power wasn’t viewed as a ‘commercial’ success, it’s going to be interesting what the next album brings.

I already thought Lorde would be possible for R&L 2025/2026 and also Isle of Wight would be possible for her, so maybe she wouldn’t do glasto again, although she did say it was a dream of hers to play Glastonbury before, but maybe that’s been ‘fulfilled now’.

I agree about not ‘forcing’ anyone into the top spot, it will be interesting to see how this year’s headliners do.

Yeah, I don't think should force any act into any slot.

All I will maintain is, this festival should book acts of the highest size they can to make the biggest lineup they can with a mix of options whoever those acts are and I maintain that. If you have to book an act that makes it weaker because people may not be big enough/ready for that slot and you are forcing it to make it happen then in my opinion don't do it. This goes for anyone of any genre male or female.

Lorde as a Glastonbury headliner would surprise me. She was seen as the weakest headliner at Boardmasters last year and the online reaction to her booking was really negative. And while online reaction isn't everything, the ticket sales also reflected that she was less popular as day tickets for her never sold out while for Liam Gallagher's day they sold out many months in advance and for Florence + the Machine's day they sold out a couple of days before the festival. So if not even the young Boardmasters demographic thinks that highly of her, I can't see her being that much more popular with the older Glasto crowd. So unless Glasto is really pushing for females, I don't see why she should headline before someone like Liam. And before anyone comes at me, I'm female and in my early 20s ^^

On another note, I wonder if The Rolling Stones would be keen to headline again. No one's getting any younger, so it would have to be sooner rather than later if they're up for it

I don't think you'll get Wet Leg, I reckon that was this year to happen. Rihanna is my bet.

I would not be surprised by Nick Cave, Pulp and Doja Cat as subs. Catfish 3rd down on Pyramid or subbing other.

Jorja Smith, something like C&S and Raye for Other. You're barely getting anything arena sized 3rd down this year so. I think you have to look at the pop acting covering afro, new r&b, grime etc and expect them there.

Bringing out an album soon so guessing they’ll do their own tour and do some fests next year.  Fully expect Raye to get the sub spot after Emily talked her up so much.  Catfish headlining the other I reckon. 

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Bringing out an album soon so guessing they’ll do their own tour and do some fests next year.  Fully expect Raye to get the sub spot after Emily talked her up so much.  Catfish headlining the other I reckon. 

Yeah something like Nick Cave, Pulp and Raye maybe. Imagine Pulp being over looked to get Jorja Smith in....I actually can.

If they booked Cave, Jorja and Raye to sub my days are numbered as that would be plain shite.

On 3/15/2024 at 9:14 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

2025: Dave / Olivia Rodrigo / Foo Fighters
2026: The 1975 / Sam Fender / Beyonce
2027: Raye / Harry Styles / Radiohead

2027 is a fallow year isn’t it? 

1 minute ago, sedra said:

2027 is a fallow year isn’t it? 

We don't know.

We know that 25 and 26 are definitely on. No confirmation of anything beyond that but 27 or 28 would be the likely candidates for a fallow year (personally I reckon it'll be in 28).

25 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Would bet a lot it will be 2028 with the Euro Football in June in the UK

Yeah. That plus it gives them an extra year to rebuild the bank balance after the unplanned fallow years in 2020 and 2021 which nearly wiped out their cash reserves. The pattern (5 on 1 off) would say 2027, but all logic says 2028 works better.