2024 Other Stage

Mark H

5 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Yeah IDLES far to popular to pick up a slot on anything other than Pyramid or Other for me. 

Might not be a headliner though could be one under top on Other.  

The idea of them playing Woodsies seems a bit bonkers to me. 

The organizers have already seen them pull a crowd possibly twice what Woodsies holds on the other stage so with the recent overcrowding trouble I definitely do not see them headlining Woodsies now as more popular than they were then. 

Tbf it is different at headliner time though as there are bigger acts on.  The Streers for instance headlined the JP tent (was full) and this time they’ll be on Other or Pyramid which will get a bigger crowd numbers wise. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Tbf it is different at headliner time though as there are bigger acts on.  The Streers for instance headlined the JP tent (was full) and this time they’ll be on Other or Pyramid which will get a bigger crowd numbers wise. 

Yeah the streets was crazy full!!! But that was prior to them getting the warning for over crowding from the council 

6 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Just got back from Little Simz

Absolutely smashed it. 

Apreciate she played recently headlining west holts but new album since then 

Sure she will level up at Glastonbury next time.  

Probably should be considered for an Other Stage headline slot this time

I love Simbi but don’t think she’s made the jump from WH to Other headline just yet. Her last album fell pretty flat.

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

I love Simbi but don’t think she’s made the jump from WH to Other headline just yet. Her last album fell pretty flat.

What makes you say it fell flat.  I've just witnessed a large crowd in a big venue on the first of a few nights go absolutely wild for Gorrila more than any other tracks all night including Venom.   No Merci, Broken & Angel got cracking reactions as well. 

I could maybe agree with you she might quite be Other Stage yet.....

But fell flat - you might have to elaborate on that one as I dont see it?????

18 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Idles into BMTH would be an amazing night. BMTH were up against Kylie last time out so the crowd was small, but not a true reflection. They absolutely smashed their headline set at Download this year. It would be amazing, make it happen!

Idles into BMTH ... unreal!!!! 👌 Bring me have just got better and better in recent years and after Download this year it feels like they deserve way more recognition. I didn't know they'd played Glasto as recently as 2019, would absolutely love to see them back next year

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

What makes you say it fell flat.  I've just witnessed a large crowd in a big venue on the first of a few nights go absolutely wild for Gorrila more than any other tracks all night including Venom.   No Merci, Broken & Angel got cracking reactions as well. 

I could maybe agree with you she might quite be Other Stage yet.....

But fell flat - you might have to elaborate on that one as I dont see it?????

As in it was released without much hype or fanfare. 

SIMBI was everywhere, tracks being played on the radio etc and really gave her a push post Grey Area. 

It felt like NTY just sort of came and went. 

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

As in it was released without much hype or fanfare. 

SIMBI was everywhere, tracks being played on the radio etc and really gave her a push post Grey Area. 

It felt like NTY just sort of came and went. 

Gorilla has become one of her biggest songs though.

I feel like part of the ethos of No Thank You was that it wasn't pushed as a big commercial follow up to SIMBI. She just kinda dropped it and let people engage with it if they wanted. I feel like her next release will have more of a push behind it.

Can't see her topping the Other when she returns anyway. Think she'll be given a high Pyramid slot, 2nd or 3rd from the top.

42 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

They will need to have a pretty good top 2 on the same day as Madge to draw people away from Pyramid, just like TWOD into QOTSA this year on Sunday. Excited to see who they go for.

this drawed probably about 10k people from Elton (i was there, it was very empty)

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

this drawed probably about 10k people from Elton (i was there, it was very empty)

I was there too and it was awesome. I think more people would have went to the other instead of pyramid if it were Madonna playing that night. I do think we will get a strong billing on the Other the night Madonna is playing.