Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

I'd be willing to bet that once those details had been deleted, there was no way of getting them back (I'm thinking along the lines of they've not been able to differentiate between the ones they should have deleted and the ones they shouldn't have). Basically, only way to restore it is by what they've done. A pain, but we are where we are. Wouldn't like to work for the Glastonbury Team at See right now - bet that's bloody carnage.

Just now, faymondo said:

I checked mine and advised others in our group to as well. I am sure some didn't. So yeah if they had completed all the things correctly and found no number and costs us a speck yeah I would be pissed off.

A right call if not a bit of a shambolic one.

Personally the issue is with the timing and the amount of time they would have had to resolve this .... the last sale was in April , they then made a decision that the sale would be a month later than standard . At certain points they could obviously see issues with registration detail numbers  hence all the reminders ..... im fortunate that my days off happen to be Thurs and Sunday , people will obviously be frustrated about this with the inconvenience it causes and thats pretty reasonable . cancelling a few hours away is a pretty sh*t look from them tbh 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, glast0gal said:

I'd be willing to bet that once those details had been deleted, there was no way of getting them back (I'm thinking along the lines of they've not been able to differentiate between the ones they should have deleted and the ones they shouldn't have). Basically, only way to restore it is by what they've done. A pain, but we are where we are. Wouldn't like to work for the Glastonbury Team at See right now - bet that's bloody carnage.

I manage a large database (tenancies, not tickets!) and the first thing you do when making any deletions, batch edits, or anything that carries a risk is take a backup. On something as important as this, there should be a backup of your back up in different locations! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Personally the issue is with the timing and the amount of time they would have had to resolve this .... the last sale was in April , they then made a decision that the sale would be a month later than standard . At certain points they could obviously see issues with registration detail numbers  hence all the reminders ..... im fortunate that my days off happen to be Thurs and Sunday , people will obviously be frustrated about this with the inconvenience it causes and thats pretty reasonable . cancelling a few hours away is a pretty sh*t look from them tbh 

I said it was a shambles but what could they do ?

As one who suffered from the payment verification issued in the last main sale I wish they had cancelled that before as the way that was set up I was never getting in on my card and also then locked our numbers.

Damed if they do, dammed if they dont.

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

playing devils advocate here, but maybe they're only aware of this in the past few days. i know i'd be religiously checking my reg was ok in he lead up to ticket day as would my mates, possibly those who though they had valid regs have now realised hey haven and it's happened since See/GFL sent the emails out saying the cull was happenimg. 

Just now, faymondo said:

I said it was a shambles but what could they do ?

As one who suffered from the payment verification issued in the last main sale I wish they had cancelled that before as the way that was set up I was never getting in on my card and also then locked our numbers.

Damed if they do, dammed if they dont.

planned ahead better .... but once it gets this late then I guess nothing 

1 minute ago, eddie_corrigan said:

playing devils advocate here, but maybe they're only aware of this in the past few days. i know i'd be religiously checking my reg was ok in he lead up to ticket day as would my mates, possibly those who though they had valid regs have now realised hey haven and it's happened since See/GFL sent the emails out saying the cull was happenimg. 

They claim they have been aware of it since Monday. Which to cancel now with 4 hours notice is just an utter farce.

Yeah, totally agree that this is sensible! I was thinking more from the GDPR perspective...depends on the wording used/reasons for deletions? If people hadn't renewed then surely would be against GDPR/data protection laws to keep that info as they seemed to be running an 'opt in' style of gaining the consent of customers and you'd have to delete that data as it would have been kept beyond the point where it is reasonable to be kept/needed for any use.But for people who had re-registered, yes by all means that data should have been backed up! I suppose, from my understanding of data management in my day job (not extensive but enough to know the score), why were the now deleted renewers not categorised or tagged in some way as being a renewer? How could they have been mistakenly deleted (which I suppose is the crux of the issue and we won't get a finite answer to unless someone from the inner circle spills the secrets!)

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

I manage a large database (tenancies, not tickets!) and the first thing you do when making any deletions, batch edits, or anything that carries a risk is take a backup. On something as important as this, there should be a backup of your back up in different locations! 

Yep, or they may just roll back the transaction log. Either way they'll be left with their messy bloated pre trimmed db for the sale I bet.

2 minutes ago, eddie_corrigan said:

They were aware of some of the issues early this week ... big call to make though , guess they thought they could fix it and numbers just got too big 

Just now, dulcificum said:

They claim they have been aware of it since Monday. Which to cancel now with 4 hours notice is just an utter farce.

ah well that is shambolic, probably seen their arses and didn't want to risk the even worse publicity of people finding out in the middle of buying tickets tha they haven got a registration.

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They were aware of some of the issues early this week ... big call to make though , guess they thought they could fix it and numbers just got too big 

guessing pulling the sale now is infinitely better than the publicity of someone in the middle of buying tickets being told they havent got a registration

Edited by eddie_corrigan

2 minutes ago, eddie_corrigan said:

guessing puling the sale now is infinitly better than the publicity of someone in the middle of buying tickets being told they havent got a regisration

With this as well, if they were to have a shambolic sale (failed payments/taking ages to sell out due to wonky registrations) I think that would quite neatly lay the groundwork for another private company to come in (hello: Ticketmaster) and try and nab See's contract. See are not fantastic, the Glasto ticket sale is always horrendous and stressful, but I think The Eavises make it work because they can keep the tickets to a somewhat reasonable cost. Even if this means sacrificing how efficient the ticket buying system actually is!

• Upvote 1

I think this is significant....

We urge everyone hoping to buy a ticket to Glastonbury 2024 to either check their existing registration here now or submit new registration, which remains free of charge here, from 12 noon on Monday.

Sounds like they've knackered the registration database somehow....