NOS Alive 2024

TheNewUnion

42 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

First time attending after being to a couple of Primavera BCNs. Doing days 1 and 3.

Any tips or advice on what to expect or not expect ... Transport to/from venue, payment system on site etc

Expect a lovely festival near the the ocean even if you don't see it, it's great to have some fresh air when the weather is hot. The atmosphere is more about a one-day long event than a real festival but it's still cool. I really enjoyed it last year. It's only cashless for what I remember. It's 4€ for 50cl of sangria (I only drank that the whole weekend) + 1€ for the cup. About the transport, I took the train Lisboa-Cascais to the festival (very cheap) or you can take an Uber (it costed me like 8€ I think).

6 minutes ago, Archi said:

Expect a lovely festival near the the ocean even if you don't see it, it's great to have some fresh air when the weather is hot. The atmosphere is more about a one-day long event than a real festival but it's still cool. I really enjoyed it last year. It's only cashless for what I remember. It's 4€ for 50cl of sangria (I only drank that the whole weekend) + 1€ for the cup. About the transport, I took the train Lisboa-Cascais to the festival (very cheap) or you can take an Uber (it costed me like 8€ I think).

you did 8 festivals last year? fair play!

2 hours ago, adequate8 said:

you did 8 festivals last year? fair play!

Yes but most of them were 1-Day even of I just attented 1 day. On 8 festivals, I did only 2 full weekends 🙂 

And Nos Alive was one of them! Really cool place, different vibes from Belgium. I wanted to go back this year, at least one day for Dua Lipa, but not a line-up for me sadly.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Archi said:

Thanks for the reply Archi. 

Yes, I agree about treating as a day out instead of festival, stage hopping etc. 

I have read that they use a festival top up card for payment, is this still the case or can you use your own bank card? 

I think that the festival card wasn't popular as there was problem with refunds. 

3 hours ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Thanks for the reply Archi. 

Yes, I agree about treating as a day out instead of festival, stage hopping etc. 

I have read that they use a festival top up card for payment, is this still the case or can you use your own bank card? 

I think that the festival card wasn't popular as there was problem with refunds. 

I paid with my own bank card. Hopefully it gonna stay the same for 2024 and the years after. It's so much easier. So many festivals still use tokens, their own card, etc. Even the paiement with the bracelet is not always the best: especially with a lack of good wifi (like Lollapalooza Paris).

35 minutes ago, Bazac450 said:

anyone think Kings Of Leon would be a perfect fit under Pearl Jam on the Saturday? they are in Europe at the time.

Pearl Jam

Kings Of Leon

Sum 41

The Breeders

add another band 3rd or 4th from the top and that is a great day on the main stage.

If I was to add a band from the Mad Cool lineup that fits your criteria, it would be Gaslight Anthem. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bazac450 said:

anyone think Kings Of Leon would be a perfect fit under Pearl Jam on the Saturday? they are in Europe at the time.

Pearl Jam

Kings Of Leon

Sum 41

The Breeders

add another band 3rd or 4th from the top and that is a great day on the main stage.

Feel like KoL supported Pearl Jam back in the day.

I guess there's the open question of what they're doing. I saw it mentioned in the Glasto forums that there's rumours of a UK show in June to go with their already announced two in July - one at the British GP F1 race on 4 July and one in late July in Germany.

20 minutes ago, Bazac450 said:

any ideas when the names might start back up again? will we get batches or continue woth the single announcements?

Always single announcements for main and second stages. For the other stages, usually they announce them per day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Archi said:

I spent a few days in Paris this week and I've been really surprised to see advertising of Nos Alive in many metro stations... Do we know if many French people attented this festival before?

Yes, it is common. UK, Spain and France are the main markets.

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2024 at 10:28 PM, MeMeMeM said:

Yes, it is common. UK, Spain and France are the main markets.

Interesting. I've had it marketed online before by SeeTickets and others, but hadn't seen it on the London Underground so curious to see that the Paris Metro is advertising it.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:48 AM, snipe said:

Yeh the couple made available to me when I posted where gone shortly after so seemed to go on NYE. What's the chances of getting them on resale or more allocations etc?  Haven't been since 2015.

I wonder if it be easier to get a day ticket nearer the time for pj... annoying the 3 day tickets sold out!

The 11 is shaping up to be a great day. I've noticed the new Bilboards, but what get my attention was the lack of Pearl Jam on the line-up. I was not able to see that it was only for the 11th and that Parcels were in. Nice 😄 

14 hours ago, JCravo said:

The 11 is shaping up to be a great day. I've noticed the new Bilboards, but what get my attention was the lack of Pearl Jam on the line-up. I was not able to see that it was only for the 11th and that Parcels were in. Nice 😄 

They dont need to promote pearl jam anymore. They already sold out the day tickets , the 3 day passes and all the 2 day passes that includes pearl jam day

So Mad Cool finally got around to making their final acts announcement. 

The Killers, Måneskin, Rema, Tyla, Sexyy Red, Nia Archives, Alec Benjamin, 2ManyDJs DJ set, Claudia León, Dead Posey, Depresión Sonora, Lord Huron, Bar Italia, Andres Campo, Picture Parlour, Sea Girls, Nadye, Comandante Twin, Julia Sabaté, Choses Sauvages and Slix.