Mad Cool 2024

MK1

I know it’s really easy to bash Mad Cool and their presence online (because let’s face it, they bring it on themselves most of the time) but to be fair to then I don’t think this is their fault.

There’s much better organised festivals that have had to delay announcements due to last minute details outside of their control and I think MC are no exception here

3 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

I know it’s really easy to bash Mad Cool and their presence online (because let’s face it, they bring it on themselves most of the time) but to be fair to then I don’t think this is their fault.

There’s much better organised festivals that have had to delay announcements due to last minute details outside of their control and I think MC are no exception here

It’s entirely possible it isn’t their fault this time, but them posting a story that says ‘next story is not our fault’ like some sorry drama fuelled teenager isn’t professional either. 

Thinking of giving this or primavera a bash this year.

Attended benicassim 2017 to 2019 before it went to sh*t

Cala mijas 2022 and rock wercther last year....

No line ups really impressing me this year all though that may be to RW being so strong last year.

Just looking for reviews?? Have heard mixed things. 

44 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It’s entirely possible it isn’t their fault this time, but them posting a story that says ‘next story is not our fault’ like some sorry drama fuelled teenager isn’t professional either. 

Oh yeah, totally agree. I was just thinking that they're finding themselves in quite 'the boy who cried wolf' scenario. If you mess people around so many times through your own silliness, when it's out of your control people don't believe you.

12 hours ago, Cw91 said:

Thinking of giving this or primavera a bash this year.

Attended benicassim 2017 to 2019 before it went to sh*t

Cala mijas 2022 and rock wercther last year....

No line ups really impressing me this year all though that may be to RW being so strong last year.

Just looking for reviews?? Have heard mixed things. 

It’s enjoyable. It’s fairly easy to access from the city centre. The weather is great. The logistics inside the festival were atrocious last year but for the overall price/Madrid experience I’d say definitely do it once. 

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

It’s enjoyable. It’s fairly easy to access from the city centre. The weather is great. The logistics inside the festival were atrocious last year but for the overall price/Madrid experience I’d say definitely do it once. 

I’ve been 3 times. All of the above is correct and yes last year was a f**king disaster. 

The only sliver of hope is that they take on board the sheer number of complaints about last year and set about rectifying all the issues for this years edition. 

In its previous location in IFEMA an argument could be made that pound for pound it was the best European festival and even a little bit under the radar and under rated. Great city, great weather and superb value lineup wise for the price.

They moved it last year to barren wasteland in Vilaverde which is a sketchy part of Madrid. There is nothing around it bar industrial estates and motorway. Inside the venue it was a really really bad festival experience.

Such a shame.

10 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I’ve been 3 times. All of the above is correct and yes last year was a f**king disaster. 

The only sliver of hope is that they take on board the sheer number of complaints about last year and set about rectifying all the issues for this years edition. 

In its previous location in IFEMA an argument could be made that pound for pound it was the best European festival and even a little bit under the radar and under rated. Great city, great weather and superb value lineup wise for the price.

They moved it last year to barren wasteland in Vilaverde which is a sketchy part of Madrid. There is nothing around it bar industrial estates and motorway. Inside the venue it was a really really bad festival experience.

Such a shame.

They replied to my comment on Instagram that they’d sorted the toilet situation out! 

On 1/26/2024 at 8:53 AM, birchtree29 said:

In 2026, F1 will come to Madrid IFEMA where Mad Cool used to be at. Maybe in 2026 it will come back.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.explained-your-key-questions-answered-as-madrid-joins-the-f1-calendar-from.2Vf9fUmHi3P7QQW9T6NSZj.html

Resim

I thought they had plans for the bit where the track is gonna be going a few inches past.

I'm aware tbf that this has gone down like a lead balloon with F1 fans. Much as the existing Spanish Grand Prix track on the outskirts of Barcelona is not a popular track, it does look like it'll be a less fun race.

On 1/25/2024 at 10:55 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Year after year they are making their own rules in this business. 
A band that is dropping out is normal. But maybe you better sort some things out before you announce you are making an announcement.