BBC radio 1 big weekend 2024

jj200

4 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Got Saturday tickets for this, Raye headlining obviously but is there an open my act due to be announced still?

Saturday seems to be the only day on posters / media to not state more to come, eg. https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2024/radio-1-big-weekend-2024-sunday-line-up

There were 8 acts on the Main Stage Sat/Sun the last few years though...

It's going to be interesting to see how long Friday and Saturday take to sell out, I don't think a Saturday has ever had availability over a week after the tickets went on sale. 

Friday like mentioned is always a slow mover and appears so again, even with the expansion. Will make the final acts TBC interesting. 

Edited by MatthewTurner

Hardly bang in the middle, It is in the logical place when you look at ingress/egress routes, access for load in etc 

Plus the area behind the main stage will all be utilised too, so will be that full area being used.

Edited by Paul ™

13 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Hardly bang in the middle, It is in the logical place when you look at ingress/egress routes, access for load in etc 

Plus the area behind the main stage will all be utilised too, so will be that full area being used.

image.thumb.png.5a72505f2606cebe986ef3484cf34265.png

pretty bang in the middle if you ask me

i can't say i'm doing invested where it is, just a bit surprised and i'm sure its logically the best place - but it definitely is bang in the middle!

Edited by gfa

5 hours ago, gfa said:

image.thumb.png.5a72505f2606cebe986ef3484cf34265.png

pretty bang in the middle if you ask me

i can't say i'm doing invested where it is, just a bit surprised and i'm sure its logically the best place - but it definitely is bang in the middle!

You never mentioned the actual entrance on your post or Google Map link, plus am not sure you highlighting the area where all the allotments and the garden centre actually counts as part of the park

9 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Not entirely accurate but this will what the ingress flow will be like on the crowd manangement plan

Screenshot 2024-04-09 214627.jpg

This is interesting, where's it from? The Rugby Club are offering parking but I was worried there wouldn't be an entrance from the south, but looks like there is

12 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

You never mentioned the actual entrance on your post or Google Map link, plus am not sure you highlighting the area where all the allotments and the garden centre actually counts as part of the park

Oh sorry! i thought it had a marker on that link!

12 minutes ago, jj200 said:

When will the rest of the acts on the main  be announced 

Could be literally any time between now and the day of. Could be to time it in with a release or potentially trying to shift their own tour tickets first?

4 hours ago, 19liam75 said:

Fontaines D.C possible for the Sunday TBA slot? Possibly waited for them to release new music & sell a good bunch of tour tickets before announcing 

don’t get me wrong, I’d be absolutely chuffed with that! I would think it’s more likely a bigger pop act if anyone though. I don’t really see what BBCR1 gain from holding them back

I’ve been thinking more in the realm of Billie Eilish as a very special guest or Twenty One Pilots - both have albums out around the time (9 and 2 days before the Sunday respectively) and both would drum up immense hype for the festival - especially as Harry Styles was a previous held-back slot for the Big Weekend in previous years