BBC radio 1 big weekend 2024

jj200

1 minute ago, jj200 said:

Will someone make a clash finder

This is always a difficult one they typically don’t release the schedule until the day of the event so you have to buy the lanyard there or check social media on the day. A bit frustrating as a lover of planning 😂

1 hour ago, finn_with_1_n said:

"To secure tickets from Pots 1 & 2 you will need to enter the postcode of your home address at the time of purchase. Anyone breaking the rules and regulations governing the ticket purchasing process may have any purchased tickets cancelled without notice.

In order to stop people using false addresses, we will ask you to provide proof of residence at the address given during the ticket buying process. This will be done by cross-referencing ticketholders registered addresses on their Ticketmaster Account against the approved list of postcodes for Pot 1 or Pot 2 (whichever applies)."

Will be intrigued by this. For example, last year we used a family member's address who lived in pot 1 to unlock tickets. However in the booking process I must've used my regular address (def not in pot 1). So who knows if they will cancel tickets this year

Does this mean the example cited earlier of people sending in McDonald's addresses is now not allowed anymore?

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Does this mean the example cited earlier of people sending in McDonald's addresses is now not allowed anymore?

This is posted every year, but the wording does seem stronger.

Not too sure overall, it's a take your chances and hope for the best if you fancy doing 2/3 days. You can typically get 2 days if buying as a pair with it being across 2 different tm accounts.

Edited by MatthewTurner

Just now, Paul ™ said:

Lots of selfish people trying to get tickets that are not allocated to general sale, depriving the locals of their opportunity to get some.

It can be brutal when people use fake addresses, not too sure if tm will cross-reference at the end of the day they take a fee and aren't exactly incentivised to do anything other than just hammer tickets out as there's nothing in it for them.

I remember the days of having to wait for the post to come after applying as a local and hoping you got tickets!

Just now, NickisGinger said:

Does the fan to fan resale mean anyone can just buy resale tickets? Or does that also get split into pots? 

It’s just a free for all on resale tickets, not sure why but they tend to be few and far between going off previous years anyway 

Grabbed a ticket for Friday night, train there and train back the same night fits in and it's been ages since I have seen Eric Prydz. C&S, Eric Prydz and Rudimental for £35. Much different to see C&S only for an hour than the likes of Coldplay as you'll still gte most of their hits.

8 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Grabbed a ticket for Friday night, train there and train back the same night fits in and it's been ages since I have seen Eric Prydz. C&S, Eric Prydz and Rudimental for £35. Much different to see C&S only for an hour than the likes of Coldplay as you'll still gte most of their hits.

What do you mean? 

Just now, gregory said:

Has anyone booked parking with APCOA before? Does it guarantee a space if you pre-book? There's 900 odd spaces at the airport train station parking a mile or so away.. 

Nevermind, just seen it says "This booking does not guarantee the customer a parking space nor is a parking space reserved for or allocated to them. Parking is on a first come first served basis. Although such reserved spaces may be available  at some APCOA car parks, these have to be purchased through a separate application process."

Why bother pre-booking then...

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Has anyone booked parking with APCOA before? Does it guarantee a space if you pre-book? There's 900 odd spaces at the airport train station parking a mile or so away.. 

Why do I get the feeling parking at a site right by the airport is going to be a pain in the arse?

Even moreso with the airport's car parks at reduced capacity thanks to a fire in one last October. One whose smell when I got a flight to Lisbon from there a week later was pretty revolting.

On 3/21/2024 at 11:12 PM, 3Dimensions said:

Travel info including limited park & walk places are here: https://place.stepforwardluton.co.uk/things-to-do-in-luton/big-weekend-2024/travel

Nice of the council to charge £11.50 for a space that would usually cost £1.50, that's half an hours walk from the festival entrance. 

Anyone used JustPark before? Does it guarantee a space if booked? 

5 hours ago, gregory said:

"... another big artist to be announced in the coming weeks" on the Sunday.

I see JT has a week gap in his US tour. Any other guesses? 

I imagine it won't be JT sized. Maybe like a George Ezra/vampire weekend sized act. 

7 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

I imagine it won't be JT sized. Maybe like a George Ezra/vampire weekend sized act. 

I remember they once had Arctic Monkeys as an on-the-day announced opening act back in 2011, so a big name is theoretically possible.

Practically/budgetary, that's another matter.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I remember they once had Arctic Monkeys as an on-the-day announced opening act back in 2011, so a big name is theoretically possible.

Practically/budgetary, that's another matter.

With vampire weekend being the only non mainstage closer in headliner font I'm not going to be too optimistic about this mystery act but I'd love to be wrong. My best guess is troye Sivan as his tour hasn't sold out