Green Man 2024

bexj

1 minute ago, SweepingTheNation said:

They're pretty much ways of saying the same thing. It's highly unlikely that anything will have changed in their announcement date plans since yesterday.

Agreed, I don't think they will have changed anything. Just thought that "Incoming Shortly" sounded more specific.

I've been thinking about this, because we've had the first set of announcements from most of the big European festivals in and around that weekend and yet we're no closer to being able to say with any confidence who's headlining GM. The Smile aside for the Wednesday-Monday gap in their Euro dates, Pixies seemed likeliest but with their dates they'd be cutting it very fine to fly in for the Sunday and wouldn't be able to soundcheck. Sleater-Kinney might, but I'd see them as more likely to do a couple of weeks on the continent and then EOTR. Beth Gibbons is a very interesting name that's been dropped in but nobody seems to have picked up on her playing Primavera or what it might mean and surely she wouldn't immediately headline. Idles are doing Cardiff Castle in July so I'd guess they're out.

I agree Pixies is less likely with the Trondheim date on Saturday but its not out the question. The only direct flight to the UK gets into Gatwick at 9:50am so gives more than enough time to get across. Indirect options to Cardiff or Birmingham won't work for them. 

7 minutes ago, bandsrcool said:

The Smile headlining BBC Radio 6 fest with this attached: "The Smile and the London Contemporary Orchestra with a world exclusive performance."

Reckon that cancels The Smile out or just The Smile and LCO combo?

Ignore this - they're playing loads of festivals - duh. I think I was just hopeful since I'm not fussed in the slightest.

16 hours ago, bandsrcool said:

Ignore this - they're playing loads of festivals - duh. I think I was just hopeful since I'm not fussed in the slightest.

Ye id say this is jsut a world exclusive with The Smile playing with the London Contemporary Orchestra.

As you mentioned theyre playing many festivals in europe on their own.

Ive never been crazy into them but seeing Thom is always nice

I wasn’t hugely into the smiles debut either, but enjoyed it enough. Loved the Bending Hectic track from last year and would be overjoyed to see them play GM. 

Only seen Radiohead once, at primavera. Lots of comments beforehand, people not fussed etc, but it was an EVENT. The crowd was packed, yet you could hear a pin drop as they began to play - the sense of drama and anticipation was incredible. I’d take a slice of that. 

On 1/17/2024 at 10:58 PM, Cherrytree13 said:

I wasn’t hugely into the smiles debut either, but enjoyed it enough. Loved the Bending Hectic track from last year and would be overjoyed to see them play GM. 

Only seen Radiohead once, at primavera. Lots of comments beforehand, people not fussed etc, but it was an EVENT. The crowd was packed, yet you could hear a pin drop as they began to play - the sense of drama and anticipation was incredible. I’d take a slice of that. 

When you put it like that it piques my interest slightly more! Tbf Friend of a Friend is growing on me.  Never been much of a Radiohead fan either but the fanbase is dedicated like you say so why the heck not ey, you'll find me at the back with a beer!

1 hour ago, rwoo said:

GM teasing an old version of their Greenman on Insta. Guessing it’s 2017 when PJ Harvey previously headlined? All but confirming PJ?!

Interesting theory but I've seen people comment that it's 2011 which seems correct according to Google images. 

On 1/19/2024 at 1:20 PM, sscrybaby said:

Interesting theory but I've seen people comment that it's 2011 which seems correct according to Google images. 

On 1/19/2024 at 4:14 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

It looks nothing like the 2017 Green Man.

gm.JPG

Dang it! 

*Green Man Possibilities (15-18 August)*

- Sziget (7-12) Fontaines, Yard Act, Wednesday, Blondshell, Overmono, Pip Blom

- Ypsigrock (8-11) Explosions In The Sky, Bdrmm, Heartworms, Chalk, Egyptian Blue 

- Oya (8-12) PJ, The National, The Smile, Idles, Loyle Carner, Overmono, Alvvays, Blondshell, The Kills, Orions Belte, Wednesday, Yard Act, Yussef Dayes, Yaya Bey, Sampha, Bala Desejo, Arca

- Way Out West (8-10) PJ Harvey, The Smile, Loyle Carner, Yaya Bey

- Flow (9-11) The Smile, PJ Harvey, Jessie Ware, Overmono, Denzel Curry

- Paredes (14-17) Fontaines DC, Jesus & Mary Chain, Cat Power, Sleater Kinney, Baxter Dury, Nouvelle Vague, Superchunk, Gilsons, Wednesday, Destroy Boys, Still Corners. 

- Wild Fields (15-18) Ezra collective, Picture Parlour, Tara Lily, Nabihah Iqbal, Bess Atwell, Chappaqua Wrestling, SBTRKT, Los Bitchos, Opus Kink, Priya Ragu, Lime Garden

- Cabaret Vert (15-18) PJ Harvey, Fontaines, Blondshell, Justice, High Vis 

- APE (17-25) Pixies, Jai Paul, Floating Points, Loyle Carner, Nation of Language, Ezra Collective, Vagabon

- Canela Party (21-24) Crack Cloud, Curtis Harding, Metz, Ibio Sound Machine, Militaire Gun, Protomartyr, Sheer Mag, Show Me The Body, Slift, Snooper, Wednesday

- Rock En Seine (21-25) The Smile, Jungle, Massive Attack, Blonde Redhead, Soulwax, The Kills

- Other gigs: Osees (London, 15), Wednesday (London, 20), Pixies (Piece Hall, 21), PJ Harvey (Gunnersbury, 18, Piece Hall, 20), Tirzah (Gunnersbury, 18).  Pixies have other gigs on GM weekend but are free on Sunday technically. 

- Selected Recent Instagram Follows: Grandaddy, Woods, Beachwood Sparks, Kneecap, Beth Gibbons, Kara Jackson, Tara Clerkin Trio, Lorraine James, Geese, Alogte Ohe, Personal Trainer, The Mary Wallopers

- Tenuous Twitter Activity: Gruff Rhys, Villagers, Euros Childs, Sault, Tindersticks, The Smile

My current guess would be for Jesus & Mary Chain Thursday headliner plus The Smile as one of the other headliners.  The recent addition of Sampha to Oya festival is interesting and I think he would make for a cool GM headliner. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

*Green Man Possibilities (15-18 August)*

- Sziget (7-12) Fontaines, Yard Act, Wednesday, Blondshell, Overmono, Pip Blom

- Ypsigrock (8-11) Explosions In The Sky, Bdrmm, Heartworms, Chalk, Egyptian Blue 

- Oya (8-12) PJ, The National, The Smile, Idles, Loyle Carner, Overmono, Alvvays, Blondshell, The Kills, Orions Belte, Wednesday, Yard Act, Yussef Dayes, Yaya Bey, Sampha, Bala Desejo, Arca

- Way Out West (8-10) PJ Harvey, The Smile, Loyle Carner, Yaya Bey

- Flow (9-11) The Smile, PJ Harvey, Jessie Ware, Overmono, Denzel Curry

- Paredes (14-17) Fontaines DC, Jesus & Mary Chain, Cat Power, Sleater Kinney, Baxter Dury, Nouvelle Vague, Superchunk, Gilsons, Wednesday, Destroy Boys, Still Corners. 

- Wild Fields (15-18) Ezra collective, Picture Parlour, Tara Lily, Nabihah Iqbal, Bess Atwell, Chappaqua Wrestling, SBTRKT, Los Bitchos, Opus Kink, Priya Ragu, Lime Garden

- Cabaret Vert (15-18) PJ Harvey, Fontaines, Blondshell, Justice, High Vis 

- APE (17-25) Pixies, Jai Paul, Floating Points, Loyle Carner, Nation of Language, Ezra Collective, Vagabon

- Canela Party (21-24) Crack Cloud, Curtis Harding, Metz, Ibio Sound Machine, Militaire Gun, Protomartyr, Sheer Mag, Show Me The Body, Slift, Snooper, Wednesday

- Rock En Seine (21-25) The Smile, Jungle, Massive Attack, Blonde Redhead, Soulwax, The Kills

- Other gigs: Osees (London, 15), Wednesday (London, 20), Pixies (Piece Hall, 21), PJ Harvey (Gunnersbury, 18, Piece Hall, 20), Tirzah (Gunnersbury, 18).  Pixies have other gigs on GM weekend but are free on Sunday technically. 

- Selected Recent Instagram Follows: Grandaddy, Woods, Beachwood Sparks, Kneecap, Beth Gibbons, Kara Jackson, Tara Clerkin Trio, Lorraine James, Geese, Alogte Ohe, Personal Trainer, The Mary Wallopers

- Tenuous Twitter Activity: Gruff Rhys, Villagers, Euros Childs, Sault, Tindersticks, The Smile

My current guess would be for Jesus & Mary Chain Thursday headliner plus The Smile as one of the other headliners.  The recent addition of Sampha to Oya festival is interesting and I think he would make for a cool GM headliner. 

Excellent work!

10 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

What’s is the likelihood of Electric Wizard making an appearance given their ATG announcement? Some other great names across the weekend as well 

Electric Wizard only do the odd gig, so id be very surprised. 

16 hours ago, BillyPilgrim said:

Who from the 2011 line up has the potential to be making a reappearance this year?

Having listened to his new single, gotta say I'm hoping it signifies a bit Squarepusher for Far Out.

would love squarepusher or the like to make an appearance

• Like 1