Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

5 hours ago, ketomika22 said:

YES!

Personally I could see a post-rock band every night haha 😄

Gonna see Godspeed this Sunday, so f**king hyped

I'll be there too. 😀 Btw Sziget press conference on next Thursday so the official announcement is imminent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SkaPanda said:

I'll be there too. 😀 Btw Sziget press conference on next Thursday so the official announcement is imminent.

Is this something that happens regularly? Did they hold one for announcements one and two?

Or, might they be holding it because they've got a special announcement to make?

1 hour ago, SkaPanda said:

Coachella ends this weekend and Sziget announces a press conference for next week. 🤔

Now I really think we get No Doubt or Blur!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Is this something that happens regularly? Did they hold one for announcements one and two?

Or, might they be holding it because they've got a special announcement to make?

There is always a press conference in April or May. Usually they're announcing there the non-music programs, the smaller venues and they tell us about the changes compared to previous years. And there are always some new names for the main venues as well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2_d said:

Jungle confirmed a show in Salt Lake City on August 7, and they already have one in Canada on August 12. Highly unlikely for them to come to Sziget between the two shows

"Forget all those promises that only fools remember." Those couple or names are not going to happen I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, kristofm said:

"Forget all those promises that only fools remember." Those couple or names are not going to happen I'm afraid.

Obviously Jungle isn't happening, are you also referring to Charli XCX?

Do you have insider info? Do you know who we are getting?

3 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Obviously Jungle isn't happening, are you also referring to Charli XCX?

Do you have insider info? Do you know who we are getting?

Nah it's just a quote I like. It's just that I look at Charli's schedule... i just feel that we've had hopes for artists who are in neighbouring countries during Sziget and they didn't come. Charli has some EU dates in May and June then plays in Brazil, and we've seen more likely gigs that just didn't happen. We even received a clue for Lana and she's not making it. I think it makes the most sense to let the previous clues for previous rounds go.

So, we must be due the announcement of the Wednesday headliner at the press conference next week. Agreed? 

No Doubt seems to be the 'obvious' candidate but Sziget appear to have done 'a swing and a miss' on so many acts this year that I'm actually struggling to believe they've landed ND. 

Leaks' knowledge that it was a band, and they would be announced 'soonish' after announcement 2 seems to tie in too but......well, I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

No Doubt seems to be the 'obvious' candidate but Sziget appear to have done 'a swing and a miss' on so many acts this year that I'm actually struggling to believe they've landed ND. 

There's a band who have 0 gigs or tours announced, and they are being looked at as an obvious candidate - am I missing something?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kristofm said:

am I missing something?

Yes, the fact that No Doubt might not be allowed to announce any other dates until Coachella ends. Blur might be in the same situation.

We seem to know which acts are playing Colloseum and Party Arena each day. We also have 4 acts on main stage and 5 on Revolut, prior to a DJ playing the small hours. That means 9 acts per day on the two main stages. I believe them to be:

Weds: Tom Odell, Marc Ribellet, L'Imperatice, Blondshell, Joost, Tkay Maidza (3 acts missing)

Thurs: Halsey, Aurora, Azahriah, Grandson, Meute, Joker Out, Goldband, Danny, Nova Twins (Full)

Fri: Liam, Stormzy, Yves Tumor, Teezo Touchdown, Apashe with orchestra, Liberator, Warhaus, Ari Abdul (1 missing)

Sat: Garrix, Tomlinson, Mo, Neil Frances, Zoe Wees, Mannequin Pussy (3 missing)

Sun: Janelle, Sam Smith, Fontaines, Becky Hill, Crystal Fighters, Editors, Kiasmos live, Joesef, Pip Blom (Full)

Mon: Fred, Raye, Big Thief, LANY, Yard Act, Wednesday, Skrillex, Four Tet, Overmono (Full)

So, with Wednesday's headliner and sub, along with some Hungarian names, unless I've miscounted, I don't think we are likely to get many more acts for tbe two main stages (maybe an extra one on the Saturday?)

Doesn't make for amazing reading, I've got to say.

2 hours ago, billybigballs said:

So, with Wednesday's headliner and sub, along with some Hungarian names, unless I've miscounted, I don't think we are likely to get many more acts for tbe two main stages (maybe an extra one on the Saturday?)

Doesn't make for amazing reading, I've got to say.

I think they'll announce the Europe Stage names too

I would of thought No Doubt being a really strange headliner to be announced. Almost all festivals announced already, Sziget not being one of the most prestigious festivals anymore. I could understand if it was say glastonbury or Roskilde but Sziget? I have my doubts. 

I can understand Blur more, due to them doing the festival scene last year. Saying that I don't see them not being announced because of Coachella. 

Sugarcubes reunion....

On 4/18/2024 at 3:49 PM, poelim said:

Tbf the lineups for the takeover parties at party arena are also prettty weak this year

Qdance one is quite good I think, my brother is really excited about it. With Joost on the first day and Goldband and Qdance on the second is an amazing start of the festival and on day three I don't really have anything I want to see, but I don't mind a day to relax . For the rest of the days I just hope editors does not overlap with Janelle and I will be a happy man.

Bit sad about jungle not coming, but I hope another act is able to surprise me.

10 hours ago, Joka_sc said:

Qdance one is quite good I think, my brother is really excited about it. With Joost on the first day and Goldband and Qdance on the second is an amazing start of the festival and on day three I don't really have anything I want to see, but I don't mind a day to relax . For the rest of the days I just hope editors does not overlap with Janelle and I will be a happy man.

Bit sad about jungle not coming, but I hope another act is able to surprise me.

My son and I had this exact discussion last night. In a year where our 'must see' acts are about half the number they normally are, having a clash (and that one specifically) would be very annoying.

I'm probably gonna be bashed for this but... What about Linkin Park?

I think the rumors have never been stronger about them getting back together, this time with a female singer. IF they return and go on a tour in 2024, would they headline Sziget?

I personally think so. And it would make sense to wait for their announcement. 

Not the MOST likely scenario but still.

Edited by Akujin