Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

8 hours ago, SkaPanda said:

Listening Redzed right now. He is a rapper from the Czech Republic with Korn and Black Sabbath vibes, definitely worth to check.

Redzed is defs on the Watchlist. Just Listened to Ramkot as well. Think you'll enjoy that as well. 

• Thanks 1

What a disaster on Main Stage. Do they have new bookers? Had to sell my ticket… 

Don‘t get me wrong, if you have all the time in the world and don‘t care too much about the big names and go to Sziget because of the atmosphere and have the money to travel, then this will be a very nice week as always… 

But if - my case - you choose a festival because of the line up, then Sziget 2024 won‘t win by far. 

• Like 1

Also I can recommend one of the bands from "Europe" stage, Czech live techno band Bratri. 

Its weird having techno on Europe stage, but it is what it is..

also agree with newjem, no way that Sam Smith doesnt have headliner spot on that night.

Edited by lukatej
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, branvan said:

What a disaster on Main Stage. Do they have new bookers? Had to sell my ticket… 

Don‘t get me wrong, if you have all the time in the world and don‘t care too much about the big names and go to Sziget because of the atmosphere and have the money to travel, then this will be a very nice week as always… 

But if - my case - you choose a festival because of the line up, then Sziget 2024 won‘t win by far. 

Definitely understand where you are coming from. If I lived in Europe I may have done the same. Luckily or unfortunately, I'm visiting from South Africa and already planned a trip around the Festival. 

Trying to take the glass more full route. Quite a lot of band worth watching on The Buzz/Europe Stage. Just want that one big Band as a headliner...

• Upvote 1

Am I missing it or have they still not officially announced God Is An Astronaut?

If not, do we assume they are one of the remaining A38 acts being announced tomorrow?

Does anyone know what time the press conference takes place tomorrow?

7 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Am I missing it or have they still not officially announced God Is An Astronaut?

If not, do we assume they are one of the remaining A38 acts being announced tomorrow?

They will play on The Buzz according to the website. The press conference will start at 10 am, I'll be there too so if they tell us something new I will let you know.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

It's Thursday isn't it? Oh today's Wednesday. I'm a right mess today.

BTW I only knew Royel Otis (and Elefánt as they're big in Hungary) before this announcement, but listened to 1-2 songs from pretty much everyone from the Buzz and that's a pretty decent pool!

Dead Poet Society are going to be great surely, but Ramkot, Artemas, Future Static, Starbenders, Naska sound alright as well after the first listen.

Edited by kristofm

7 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Electric Picnic announcing their (16-18 August Ireland) announcing line-up on Fri - wonder if it's a shared headliner who's yet to announce tour

Lovestream (same weekend as EP, Slovakia) is also announcing their headliners on Friday…

14 hours ago, Matt86 said:

there WILL be a new headliner. + 4 main stage acts if I count right. But it doesn't mean it will be great lol 😜 

+, the A38 is also still missing some names

I'm afraid most of these (except the headliner, and maybe a sub) will be Hungarians. Every year there are about 3 Hungarian acts on the mainstage, last year there was a few on A38 as well. We'll see.

1 hour ago, kristofm said:

I'm afraid most of these (except the headliner, and maybe a sub) will be Hungarians. Every year there are about 3 Hungarian acts on the mainstage, last year there was a few on A38 as well. We'll see.

I want to see Beton.Hofi on the main stage!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

Electric Picnic announcing their (16-18 August Ireland) announcing line-up on Fri - wonder if it's a shared headliner who's yet to announce tour

So, if it's a band playing all three, the options are what? Someone with nothing currrently announced? Killers are out as played last year. Looking at demographics, I'd say Metallica etc out too. So:

No Doubt

RHCP

Maroon 5

Muse

The 1975

I can't think of anyone else that could be in tbh. What other huge groups are there who have nothing else announced? The Wiggles?

24 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

So, if it's a band playing all three, the options are what? Someone with nothing currrently announced? Killers are out as played last year. Looking at demographics, I'd say Metallica etc out too. So:

No Doubt

RHCP

Maroon 5

Muse

The 1975

I can't think of anyone else that could be in tbh. What other huge groups are there who have nothing else announced? The Wiggles?

Isn't Maneskin the most likely?

(Or Kylie Minogue?)

34 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

No Doubt

RHCP

Maroon 5

Muse

The 1975

1975 are on hiatus so they are probably out

17 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

Based on (all) the Main Stage names on the website:

Wednesday

4:00PM -

5:30PM -

7:15PM - Tom Odell

9:15PM -

Thursday

4:00PM - DAGNY

5:30PM - Joker Out

7:15PM - Azahriah

9:15PM - Halsey

Friday

4:00PM -

5:30PM - Yves Tumor

7:15PM -  Stormzy

9:15PM - Liam Gallagher

Saturday

4:00PM - Zoe Wees

5:30PM -

7:15PM - Louis Tomlinson

9:15PM - Martin Garrix

Sunday

4:00PM - Joesef

5:30PM - Becky Hill

7:15PM - Janelle Monáe

9:15PM - Sam Smith

Monday

4:00PM - LANY

5:30PM - RAYE

7:15PM - Skrillex

9:15PM - Fred again..

am I missing something?

On what day is Joost? Are you sure he wont be on mainstage? He have been on all the big stages of the festivals of NL and BE, had a number 1 song in germany and is performing at eurovision this year

2 minutes ago, Qishere said:

On what day is Joost? Are you sure he wont be on mainstage? He have been on all the big stages of the festivals of NL and BE, had a number 1 song in germany and is performing at eurovision this year

Wednesday, mainstage seems likely imo

6 minutes ago, Qishere said:

When you go on sziget website and click "stages of sziget", you get all artists listed by stage that they are performing and he is not on main stage

4 hours ago, kristofm said:

Dead Poet Society are going to be great surely, but Ramkot, Artemas, Future Static, Starbenders, Naska sound alright as well after the first listen.

Ramkot is amazing, also really like Dead Poet Society. And will be checking out the rest soon.

Cut_ is great as well (went to a concert before their newer music) always loved their song Electrify, reminded me a bit of Lorde. Their song Breathe has been in one of my playlists since it came out as well.

2 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Not that I know much about K-Pop but I'm sure most of them are currently doing national service, aren't they?

You're right but it's mandatory for 18 months and in theory they will finish around exactly this summer.

11 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

You're right but it's mandatory for 18 months and in theory they will finish around exactly this summer.

They announced they will be back next year.