Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Apparently, at Coachella last night, Damon Alburn announced on stage that it was Blur's last ever gig together. Sounds like they're safely counted out of Thursday's announcement!

Would be a bit weird having the last gig at coachella. 

• Upvote 2

I'm watching No Doubt's 2nd week performance at Coachella... it's incredible how much energy Gwen Stefani has at 54, wow! I really hope the missing headliner it's them. It looks like an once in a lifetime chance to have No Doubt headline Sziget, it would be a great booking.

4 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Linkin Park with female singer? Wtf, what a bullshit

Actually I support this for one big reason. Chester cannot be replaced. No matter who they get, the GUY will be compared to Chester non stop. But if the singer is a chick, there is less of a comparison and it's a new flavour. 

Check this out, there is some banter if she is joining or not but regardless I think this is pretty good:

Jumping back to reality for a second, here's a few options:

Queens of the Stone Age - playing in Sweden on the 8th of August, does that make them unavailable for a gig on the 7th in Budapest?

Maneskin - playin on the 18th of July in Portugal, then Rock en Seine in France at the end of August.

The Offspring - They're playing in Austria on the 15th, although they're not really a band Sziget is booking nowadays.

Placebo - 4th Aug in Turkey, 9th Aug in Switzerland, not the likeliest, but they're around

Any more realistic additions? 

11 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Actually I support this for one big reason. Chester cannot be replaced. No matter who they get, the GUY will be compared to Chester non stop. But if the singer is a chick, there is less of a comparison and it's a new flavour. 

Check this out, there is some banter if she is joining or not but regardless I think this is pretty good:

Ok but that won't happen this year, that "chick" has other plans with her own band - Stand Atlantic. So 0% chance they're the last headliner we're looking for.

15 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Queens of the Stone Age - playing in Sweden on the 8th of August, does that make them unavailable for a gig on the 7th in Budapest?

Yes, that makes them unavailable...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Ok but that won't happen this year, that "chick" has other plans with her own band - Stand Atlantic. So 0% chance they're the last headliner we're looking for.

Yes, that makes them unavailable...

The way she posted about it on TikTok makes me think it's not her, so it could be another "chick" 😄 I don't know, they have been ramping up activities and if the rumours are true they have the singer locked in. Wouldn't it be weird to announce the singer then not to announce a tour with it?

1 hour ago, kristofm said:

Maneskin - playin on the 18th of July in Portugal, then Rock en Seine in France at the end of August.

The Offspring - They're playing in Austria on the 15th, although they're not really a band Sziget is booking nowadays.

Placebo - 4th Aug in Turkey, 9th Aug in Switzerland, not the likeliest, but they're around

I think The Offspring and Placebo aren't Sziget headliner material anymore. So, from that list maybe only Maneskin. However, they were in Budapest last year.

Paramore are also around. They are playing in Vienna on the 8th of August, less than 3 hours from Budapest by car. I know they're on a stadium tour with Taylor Swift but I wouldn't be surprised if they will presented as festival exclusives.

5 hours ago, Akujin said:

The way she posted about it on TikTok makes me think it's not her, so it could be another "chick" 😄 I don't know, they have been ramping up activities and if the rumours are true they have the singer locked in. Wouldn't it be weird to announce the singer then not to announce a tour with it?

What if the singer is actually AXL ROSE. He managed AC/DC, so that would be another challenge for him 😀

Our numbers of potential bands are decreasing day by day, I really hope for someone like No Doubt and not someone like Mumfor and Son'ish one.

Is the announcement on thursday confirmed?

7 hours ago, kristofm said:

I'm going to throw The Killers out there again. Unlikely as bound to be expensive but anything seems possible with the line-up at the moment! 

Thursday's press conference will be 100 days until the campsites open if my maths are correct (or near as dammit anyway).

They really must announce the final headliner. However, if they don't start teasing it tomorrow then I think we can probably discount it being a big name. 

6 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I think The Offspring and Placebo aren't Sziget headliner material anymore. So, from that list maybe only Maneskin.

Half of the headliners are not headliner material, so at this point I don't even know.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Another band that would surely sell a lot of tickets very fast is Rammstein. They're doing an arena tour next summer and they have nothing scheduled after the 31st of July. I guess they can be convinced to play Sziget for the right price.

What makes them unlikely however is that they use lots of pyro and other stuff, so I guess it would be complicated to organize the gig.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

36 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Another band that would surely sell a lot of tickets very fast is Rammstein. They're doing an arena tour next summer and they have nothing scheduled after the 31st of July. I guess they can be convinced to play Sziget for the right price.

What makes them unlikely however is that they use lots of pyro and other stuff, so I guess it would be complicated to organize the gig.

*stadium tour

They need their own stage as their current show/equipment is not suitable for the regural festival stages. No chance... 

2 hours ago, lukatej said:

What if the singer is actually AXL ROSE. He managed AC/DC, so that would be another challenge for him 😀

Our numbers of potential bands are decreasing day by day, I really hope for someone like No Doubt and not someone like Mumfor and Son'ish one.

Is the announcement on thursday confirmed?

you could get a deaf monkey and it would still sing better than Axl.

6 minutes ago, Akujin said:

you could get a deaf monkey and it would still sing better than Axl.

God, he was so embarrassing at Glastonbury last year and as I heard it was the same at other gigs. He should’ve stopped a few years ago while he had some dignity left.. or start using autotune, even that’d have been better. 

2 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Booking Rammstein to play Sziget with the current line-up would be like booking Ed Sheeran to play Hellfest.

Edited by billybigballs
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Booking Rammstein to play Sziget with the current line-up would be like booking Ed Sheeran to play Hellfest.

We had Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters on the same lineup few years ago, sooo... almost anything is possible at Sziget, I guess.

11 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Rammstein is not playing any big festival like Hellfest, Download, Werchter, and they will play on Sziget?  Yeah right, maybe for 20 million €

2 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Rammstein is not playing any big festival like Hellfest, Download, Werchter, and they will play on Sziget?  Yeah right, maybe for 20 million €

The problem is not the money it's their set. I have seen them live, they can't do that sh*t in a festival. Plus, they like their music ridiculously loud, I also don't think they could do that. 

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Also Europe Stage is now called The Buzz? 

Well in the past years they had a quite amount of acts from outside Europe playing on that stage, so I guess it was one of the reasons for the name change.