Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Finnlagh said:

Would any of the current headliners be able to sell out Budapest Arena?

I don't know, maybe Fred Again and Sam Smith.

I also think there are only 2 possibilities: they either have a big name left or they really messed up big time this year.

36 minutes ago, Ausländer said:

Or someone dropped out, or they don't have anything lined up, and now are trying to find a headliner

Unlikely I guess, because Leaks already told us after the second announcement that the last headliner is a band and that the 3rd announcement is coming soonish.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Trying to be positive, and because the line-up is definitely missing a REALLY big ticket seller (Fred excepted, perhaps), I'm going to go out on a limb and state I truly believe this a big name is incoming. Well, bigger than what we have so far.

Who that is, is a different matter entirely.

I also take the 'wishful thinking' route as often as I can, so maybe a reasonably big name would explain why announcement has been delayed + the rest of the line-up is as (aside from budgeting issues, european festivals taking a major hit this year and other reasons).

Aside from Day 1 headliner, are we expecting anything else in terms of Subs, A38 and Party Arena?

30 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

I also take the 'wishful thinking' route as often as I can, so maybe a reasonably big name would explain why announcement has been delayed + the rest of the line-up is as (aside from budgeting issues, european festivals taking a major hit this year and other reasons).

Aside from Day 1 headliner, are we expecting anything else in terms of Subs, A38 and Party Arena?

It would be buffling to me if they didn't announce a Foo Fighters / Bille Eilish / Ed Sheeran / Justing Bieber level headliner for the last spot, on the other hand it would also be buffling for them to leave such big name for so late, where most people have bought their festival tickets I assume.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Akujin said:

It would be buffling to me if they didn't announce a Foo Fighters / Bille Eilish / Ed Sheeran / Justing Bieber level headliner for the last spot, on the other hand it would also be buffling for them to leave such big name for so late, where most people have bought their festival tickets I assume.

I guess it all comes down to why they have left it so late to announce someone?

They either have a 'major' act that, for whatever reason, is preventing Sziget from announcing them quite yet.

Or

They have nothing and are scrabbling around trying to get someone.

I can't see any other scenarios. They need to sell tickets, they can't do that with no headliner announced on the first day.

So, they either have someone big to announce who they know will sell tickets no matter what......or they're pretty much screwed.

Edited by billybigballs

I guess they just didnt have enough acts booked for the second one. Leaks first mentioned charli a long ago, so I guess they are still negociating with a bunch of acts. 

Also if I recall, last year’s third wave only had very small names and djs. So I guess they just fked up and couldnt announce everything.

1 minute ago, rowexx said:

I guess they just didnt have enough acts booked for the second one. Leaks first mentioned charli a long ago, so I guess they are still negociating with a bunch of acts. 

to be absolutely fair if they managed to lock in Jungle, Charli & Kaytranada (all mentioned by Leaks a few pages back) AND a headlining band, that's a pretty strong announcement.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

to be absolutely fair if they managed to lock in Jungle, Charli & Kaytranada (all mentioned by Leaks a few pages back) AND a headlining band, that's a pretty strong announcement.

I dont know, I find it very dangerous to be this optimistic after what went down with this year's lineup 😄

34 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

I hope more local names tba only refers to Colosseum 👀 

Well it would be funny if the missing headliner is a popular Hungarian rock band like Tankcsapda.

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Well it would be funny if the missing headliner is a popular Hungarian rock band like Tankcsapda.

Nah, they are referring to the usual “Hungarian acts” announcement which is usally the last round of announcements. Some Revolut stage names and some smaller stages.

But it kinda enraged me that they are teasing the freaking Hungarian announcement when theys till have missing main stage names haha

Edited by Akujin
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, poelim said:

Almost 1000 tickets being sold on Ticketswap with full ticket prices going down to €200 can’t be a very good sign…

Probably not a good sign at all. As a comparison 22 tickets are sold for Rock Werchter and zero for Way Out West. 

1 hour ago, poelim said:

Almost 1000 tickets being sold on Ticketswap with full ticket prices going down to €200 can’t be a very good sign…

Ah, the financial gamble of buying tickets prior to a line-up announcement!

Edited by billybigballs

19 hours ago, rowexx said:

Leaks first mentioned charli a long ago, so I guess they are still negociating with a bunch of acts. 

Leaks talked about Charli at a time when even Lana was possible, so I'm not quite sure about those names.

2 hours ago, kollektivleuphana said:

Would be crazy to see Martin Garrix at the MainStage and later as special guest on the STMPD Records Stage.

That was supposed to happen in 2019, he was listed as "ytram"  (marty backwards) but he cancelled that set last minute.

24 minutes ago, SkaPanda said:

God Is An Astronaut self-confirmed on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/C53mXswN5u4/ I think they're a fantastic addition if you like post-rock.

yeah surprisingly nice additions. On another note: Could the announcement be very close? I have worked in marketing for quite some times, these types of materials get made very close to the actual announcement since they generally all get made in one batch and you want to avoid making changes.

Edit: especially that the artist himself got the material. I think announcement coming next week.

Edited by Akujin

3 minutes ago, Akujin said:

yeah surprisingly nice additions. On another note: Could the announcement be very close? I have worked in marketing for quite some times, these types of materials get made very close to the actual announcement since they generally all get made in one batch and you want to avoid making changes.

Edit: especially that the artist himself got the material. I think announcement coming next week.

I support this. Were it just the date I wouldn't, but the fact that the band has marketing material in hand screams 'announcement imminent' to me.