Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

According

3 minutes ago, SkaPanda said:

Yes the mentioned it in the press release. Here can you read it in Hungarian: https://hvg.hu/elet/20240327_halsey-janelle-monae-liam-gallagher-es-skrillex-is-jonnek-a-szigetre

According to this, Skrillex will perform before Fred Again on Main Stage and Four Tet right after at Revolut stage (fka A38?) so I expect some shenanigans during headline spot

edit: it also says that more names will arrive *soon*

Edited by iamdebrii

1 hour ago, kristofm said:

Anyone knows any bands among these new names that play the guitar? I'd like to check them out.

Punk, metal, indiepop, anything. Female fronted, male fronted, i don't mind.

Fountains DC, Yard act, Yves Tumor, Mannequin Pussy 

5 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Victoria from Maneskin is going to be at Sziget as a DJ, so I guess Maneskin are indeed likely for the 7th of August headliner spot.

Thats a very good shout actually!

..but she is playing on 11th and headliner slot is on 7th 😞

I thought they are somewhere in Scandinavia in that time in August, cannot find it right now. Might be easier for her to just come with laptop and USB than the whole truck logistics etc.

41 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Victoria from Maneskin is going to be at Sziget as a DJ, so I guess Maneskin are indeed likely for the 7th of August headliner spot.

What's the name of her DJ act? Is she already announced?

53 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

That name would be worse than any headliner on the current lineup for me. 😅 

I don’t find them particularly exciting, but I guess they are possible and also at least a band.

More realistic than the strokes/ QOTSA or paramore in my opinion

Info from the press release:

- Skrillex plays on the main stage, then Fred Again also on the main stage, then Four Tet in the ex-A38 tent (now Revolut tent)

- "We'll see LANY on the main stage, the Los Angeles based rock group" » bro how is this rock music? 

- Liam Gallagher is going to play Definitely Maybe

- "We've continued with this group (of names) but we're not done yet (with the names)"

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kristofm said:

'please announce maneskin'
'come on.. we're on a budget'
'pleeeeeease'
'ok... who's your favourite one?'
'of course it's Vic, but...'
'say no more'

Next up, a DJ set from the Janitor from a Venue where FOO FIGHTERS used to play.

Just now, Akujin said:

Next up, a DJ set from the Janitor from a Venue where FOO FIGHTERS used to play.

Also it reminds me of the Office episode where Michael has to decide between ordering a quartet for a short time or just the bassist for the entire evening because he is on a budget, and he then just decides to go with the basist alone for like 4 hours 😄

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Akujin said:

Also it reminds me of the Office episode where Michael has to decide between ordering a quartet for a short time or just the bassist for the entire evening because he is on a budget, and he then just decides to go with the basist alone for like 4 hours 😄

omg true 😂😂

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Can someone tell me what Halsey actually sings? I just remember having a friend who liked her like 7 years ago. I don’t know any of her songs..

I also had a Halsey phase around that time. I think the most popular songs of that era are colors, new americana and ghost