Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

4 hours ago, gunghoglen said:

The Coachella lineup just confirms my belief that 2024 will just be a down year for festivals across the board. Lana, Tyler and Doja are weak headliners IMHO. If this is what we can expect from the hippest, most important US festival, then it explains what we have seen so far here for Europe. Maybe Glastonbury pulls something together that is unique, but I no longer expect big headliners to spill over to the festival scene this year.

Coachella should have headliners as big as Bruno Mars, Beyonce, Coldplay and the like. Frankly, I'd take the Sziget headliners from 2022 and 2023 and that would be a way better show than the 2024 Coachella Festival. Dua Lipa, Arcitc Monkeys, Imagine Dragons, Billie Eilish, all better than anything going on in Indio, CA.

Sziget does owe us some bigger names and better bands, but on the whole we should probably temper our expectations and just realize that maybe the bigger names return in 2025.....

We tend to watch the headliners whether we're big fans of them or not. Obviously, it's preferable that we like them but appreciate that everyone has different tastes. This year, I'm resigned to the fact that the majority will not be to our taste. 

We're far more concerned at the fact that the acts lower down the line-up mostly disinterest us.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, billybigballs said:

We tend to watch the headliners whether we're big fans of them or not. Obviously, it's preferable that we like them but appreciate that everyone has different tastes. This year, I'm resigned to the fact that the majority will not be to our taste. 

We're far more concerned at the fact that the acts lower down the line-up mostly disinterest us.

I agree. It makes me think of metal festivals I go to, for example Hellfest : in 2019 and 2023, I attended NONE of the headliners lol, still it remains my favorite festival because the undercard is gold.

I expect kind of the same with Sziget this year, I ended up accepting that the headliners would not be at the level of 2022

18 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Oya has added a few more names. Seems a shame that out of a strong top half of the poster we've got no acts (so far) at Sziget, and yet have a few of the smaller acts. 

I would love to have ARCA on Sziget, not because of her music but because I would love to see reactions of ordinary Sziget people to her set with BDSM torturing machines, that would be golden 😄

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I feel like I'm spamming now, but here are a couple more UK festival line-ups from late July/early August, announced in the past few hours. Rick Astley anyone? 😉

421531776_906229624288843_1205344464040759858_n.jpg

Y-Not_-2024-Official-Line-Up-Poster-Final-1594x2000.png

I'll gladly take London Grammar, Declan McKenna, Jamie T, Pale Waves, CMAT & Future Islands!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

I feel like I'm spamming now, but here are a couple more UK festival line-ups from late July/early August, announced in the past few hours. Rick Astley anyone? 😉

I’d love to see Holly again. Not on the main stage.

4 hours ago, billybigballs said:

lol you're not spamming, it's actually nice to see what the others fests' have planned ^^

Keane and London Grammar would be nice 🙂

• Upvote 1

My problem is that these are mostly British names on British festivals, and I'd love to see a good chunk of them playing at Sziget, but why would anyone play at Sziget on the 7th-12nd if they're playing at home between the 2-4th not playing elsewhere in Europe during the summer. So I'm not even giving myself false hope for bands like Soft Play or Pale Waves.

Edited by kristofm

On 1/19/2024 at 3:27 PM, billybigballs said:

Understood and somewhat agreed. Every time I am at Sziget I discover someone on an undercard that is really good. Last year I saw youngr and became a big fan, so I do agree that a strong undercard is needed. There's more room for that, so maybe they can improve here, since there is not much upside with the headliners.