Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

3 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

Also realistically - unless Sziget's REALLY taking an L this year, we're looking at:

4 headliners (Stormzy potentially co-head a la Lorde/Macklemore?) + 2 sub-heads in Becky Hill and Louis Tomlinson right? 

Something like that. Despite i'm still disappointed, i think Sam, Fred and Garrix will do well and aren't really weak headliners.

Stormzy on the other hand feels a bit forced as headliner, but might be the "Lorde 2023" co-head case. Either way, that day needs another strong name. 

I'm not sure about Becky, on webpage and posters she is not listed as a top name, and i don't think she is bigger as Aurora for example, at least not outside UK. That makes me think she is not sub. 

Interesting is that Four Tet is being listed as 6th biggest name just after Louis. Maybe there is something to the Skrilex idea. 

Edited by activean

1 hour ago, rowexx said:

leaks was asked if he’s gonna co-head and he said he’s a headliner as far as he knows…..

Lorde was also considered a headliner according to the lineup poster, despite playing before Macklemore.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

57 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Lorde was also considered a headliner according to the lineup poster, despite playing before Macklemore.

they are all headliners after all, it’s just the fact that there’s not a single one per day that makes them co-heads. i guess he knows the desired daily arrangements, that’s why he said he’s gonna be solo. 

I’m fine either way as long as there’s more than 6 headliners (considering this lineup)

I'm wondering if we're starting with a clean sheet now.

For example, we ruled Lana out based on the clues for the first round, yet she's expected to be announced in the second one.

Same with Queens of the Stone Age or The Strokes, one of them could join in the second round, but they were ruled out based on the clues from the first round.

I'm wondering if the situation is the same with smaller bands as well. It just seems surreal that Two Door Cinema Club are playing in Grape festival (less than 4 hours from Budapest by car), and not doing Sziget (headliners of Grape in 2023: Foals, Yungblud, subs: M83, Moderat, King Gizzard, so we got 4 of their 5 big names). 

We also have a tons of names already from Oyafestival, I'm wondering why Idles isn't one of them. And you can also look at the Kooks in Germany, etc.

So if bands like Two Door Cinema Club, Idles, The Kooks are candidates (and I also really like Charli XCX) then for me this could be one of my favourite line ups ever.

53 minutes ago, kristofm said:

I'm wondering if we're starting with a clean sheet now.

For example, we ruled Lana out based on the clues for the first round, yet she's expected to be announced in the second one.

Same with Queens of the Stone Age or The Strokes, one of them could join in the second round, but they were ruled out based on the clues from the first round.

I'm wondering if the situation is the same with smaller bands as well. It just seems surreal that Two Door Cinema Club are playing in Grape festival (less than 4 hours from Budapest by car), and not doing Sziget (headliners of Grape in 2023: Foals, Yungblud, subs: M83, Moderat, King Gizzard, so we got 4 of their 5 big names). 

We also have a tons of names already from Oyafestival, I'm wondering why Idles isn't one of them. And you can also look at the Kooks in Germany, etc.

So if bands like Two Door Cinema Club, Idles, The Kooks are candidates (and I also really like Charli XCX) then for me this could be one of my favourite line ups ever.

Clean slate I'd say. 

26 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

And the award for worst lineup once again goes to Frequency.

Sziget looks like Werchter compared to this sh*t

Just to offer some courage to everyone... this is the same festival which at one point had Swedish House Mafia, Macklemore Twenty One Pilots, Bullet For My Valentine, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Prophets of Rage, G-Eazy and Anne-Marie as headliners. Not including Juice Wrld, Kodaline, Yungblud and so many more. In one single edition (2019). 

• Upvote 1

I'm more than ready for Yungblud to come back.

I was going to add that his Sziget gig was probably the best show I attended this year, then I remembered that I've just seen Green Day in a small club. 😄 But he can still be proud of his silver medal!

Edited by kristofm
  • Like 1

from pukkelpop furom:

Zurich Open Air -

Sam Smith, Louis Tomlinson, Raye, Macklemore, Who made who, The Blaze, Mark Rebillet, Zoe Wees, Aurora, Lost Frequencies, Dennis Lloyd, Loyle Carner, James Arthur, RIN, Jorja Smith, Sido.

please save us from macklemore again.

but i can see Raye, Dennis Lloyd, James Arthur and Jorja in.

6 minutes ago, dude111 said:

from pukkelpop furom:

Zurich Open Air -

Sam Smith, Louis Tomlinson, Raye, Macklemore, Who made who, The Blaze, Mark Rebillet, Zoe Wees, Aurora, Lost Frequencies, Dennis Lloyd, Loyle Carner, James Arthur, RIN, Jorja Smith, Sido.

please save us from macklemore again.

but i can see Raye, Dennis Lloyd, James Arthur and Jorja in.

Becky Hill is from The Voice, Louis Tomlinson is from X-Factor and so is James Arthur. 

Can we not get acts who play their own instruments and write their own songs?

God, I feel (and sound) very old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Becky Hill is from The Voice, Louis Tomlinson is from X-Factor and so is James Arthur. 

Can we not get acts who play their own instruments and write their own songs?

God, I feel (and sound) very old.

What makes you think they don’t write their own songs?

3 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

And the award for worst lineup once again goes to Frequency.

Sziget looks like Werchter compared to this sh*t

IMG_4348.jpeg

hmmm.. well, I can give one thing to Sziget and that is that I know more acts there then here.. 😄 only Offspring here

however, that means that Offspring is in the area at that time.. that gives me hope that they might be booked for Sziget 😄

• Upvote 1