Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

1 minute ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

That’s quick even by Oxfam usual standards. 

That's a good thing, as it suggests that they've now tweaked the site enough it can cope with the demand levels.

• Upvote 1

Just bagged a slot for Shambala!  Should have my regular spot for Glastonbury when the GFEL website opens later but they’ve changed it this year to you just notify them your available and then they let you know 🤞

I'm in! That was a nightmare though, kept hanging at the payment stage - just had a peek at my credit card app and it looks like it's taken out three lots of the deposit! Good thing I was only £180 this year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, thewomble said:

I was able to select Glastonbury, tick the boxes but after clicking proceed it refreshed and said sold out 🥲

Hover around for a while and keep trying, any double deposits/immediate cancellations may yet appear. 14 days time is also likely to be a good time to try again as that'll be the first deadline for cancelling without losing any ££. Good luck 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, hurdy said:

Was the ballot a public thing? I registered my interest on the website (that's still live) but don't recall an option to enter a ballot

Nah they're just gonna raffle it out of all the registered interests I believe.

Don't feel hopeful after this oxfam experience!

2 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

That’s quick even by Oxfam usual standards. 

I think it's almost at the point where Glasto could sell out during the priority window now. 

To those that didn't get a place (don't stop trying just yet!) I'd suggest signing up for another festival and keep checking for Glasto, then worst case scenario, you'll have priority access next year. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, incident said:

That's a good thing, as it suggests that they've now tweaked the site enough it can cope with the demand levels.

I think the change this year is they only allowed numbers through to the “proceed” page that corresponded with the number of places they had.  Last year the sold out message came at payment stage.

Just now, stuie said:

I think it's almost at the point where Glasto could sell out during the priority window now. 

To those that didn't get a place (don't stop trying just yet!) I'd suggest signing up for another festival and keep checking for Glasto, then worst case scenario, you'll have priority access next year. 

It must be getting close with the priority criteria being relaxed at the same time. It needs a balance. I’d always want new people to get a chance. But those with priority don’t do a runner

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Only Boardmasters, Boomtown, Reading and ArcTangent left now. 

That's quite remarkable compared to previous years. 

Maybe I should do Boomtown

Mind you it's a bit close to Shambala, could be the death of me.

33 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Cost of living has priced a lot out of a festival, so volunteering is a good route for many as opposed to missing out.

100%.  Price is a huge factor.  Imagine as student forking out close to £400 before you even get through the gate

Edited by Festival Sounds Podcast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheBoz said:

Surely Glastonbury pops up again soon....

Last year they bunched up a load of cancelled places an released them as a block.  Don't give up.  Plus, @Leyrulion is running a brilliant spreadsheet of different volunteering opportunities that you can find further up the thread.  Oxfam is one of a dozen routes