BST 2024

stanh

59 minutes ago, bingobear said:

if you head for the gates behind the stage to the left as you look at it that will lead you towards Hyde Park Corner  from there I normally walk to Victoria station in 15 to 20 minutes even in a post gig rush 

Thanks for the info , that’s very helpful. Much appreciated 👍

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Solidgold said:

Bit off topic,  sorry, but does anybody know how long realistically it would take to get out from the gig at 22.30 and get to Victoria Coach Station? 
I’m not exactly sure where the entrance /exit it, plus taking into account a mass exodus? Could it be done quickly on foot?
Any info would be gratefully appreciated 😁

I've done this before. and was able to get there fine.

You'd probably be fine for a 23:00 coach, if you positioned yourself suitably as for the exit that @bingobear suggests and didn't hang around, but I'd personally choose the coach after (assuming there is one) to allow a bit of leeway regarding finish times and crowd blockages.

21 hours ago, incident said:

I've done this before. and was able to get there fine.

You'd probably be fine for a 23:00 coach, if you positioned yourself suitably as for the exit that @bingobear suggests and didn't hang around, but I'd personally choose the coach after (assuming there is one) to allow a bit of leeway regarding finish times and crowd blockages.

Yes there’s one at 23:00 and one at 23:30. First one is a bit of a gamble getting to it on time , but second one has a 45 minute wait/change over in the middle of the night which doesn’t sound fun . 

1 hour ago, Solidgold said:

Yes there’s one at 23:00 and one at 23:30. First one is a bit of a gamble getting to it on time , but second one has a 45 minute wait/change over in the middle of the night which doesn’t sound fun . 

Ugh.

On a Nat Ex service, I'd probably treat that changeover as being as much of a risk as getting to Victoria Coach Station in the first place and go for 23:00.

BST has a hard curfew of 22:30, but most acts are scheduled to finish before that (Lana Del Rey went right up to curfew last year, but she seems to make a point of being late). So assuming the act runs to schedule, and you don't get caught on the wrong side of the crowd, you should be comfortable getting the 23:00.

8 hours ago, incident said:

Ugh.

On a Nat Ex service, I'd probably treat that changeover as being as much of a risk as getting to Victoria Coach Station in the first place and go for 23:00.

BST has a hard curfew of 22:30, but most acts are scheduled to finish before that (Lana Del Rey went right up to curfew last year, but she seems to make a point of being late). So assuming the act runs to schedule, and you don't get caught on the wrong side of the crowd, you should be comfortable getting the 23:00.

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

image.thumb.png.109e529f6c231a48915cda28a70b2188.pngNo idea who this is 

Famously got caught saying the N word and then became one of America’s biggest new country artists with some of his songs staying at #1 in the charts for months on end. Insanely big over there, possibly kind of big over here, and given country music is taking off right now maybe a more popular booking than you’d think. 

9 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Famously got caught saying the N word and then became one of America’s biggest new country artists with some of his songs staying at #1 in the charts for months on end. Insanely big over there, possibly kind of big over here, and given country music is taking off right now maybe a more popular booking than you’d think. 

Yeah, he is seriously mahoosive over there. Went supermassive after the controversy, perhaps in no small part because a certain demographic tuned into him following it.

10 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

a quick bit of research suggests he sold out the O2 for his UK debut in December and I dare say it's no accident this is announced on the weekend of country 2 country in london

16 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Easily the tiredest and most lacklustre year of festival headliners ever … No criticism of the festivals themselves but the state of things out there …

It's a money game for them at this end of the market. For example, Live Nation made nearly $23bn in revenues last year and AEG (BST and APE amongst others) made getting on for £0.5bn.

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Well, in terms of a SW replacement, not exactly a genre pick, but one that should still sell.

So is that it then - all acts announced?  If so how disappointing!

Edited by Bect551

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Ah he's the racist guy. Who said country music has a race problem?

• Downvote 1