TRNSMT 2024

LD1903

Ned central. Honestly shocked by that.

They’ve made their bed now. No coming back from the crowd this will attract. Not even made an attempt to be diverse across the 3 days.

Surprised they’ve managed to secure a 16+ license for Calvin Harris. One of the conditions of him playing Bellahouston a few years ago was an 18+ license. 

19 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Surprised they’ve managed to secure a 16+ license for Calvin Harris. One of the conditions of him playing Bellahouston a few years ago was an 18+ license. 

Not sure if it's much difference, but Calvin's date at Hampden Park last year was 16+

5 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Pretty awful imo.

Liam Gallagher again despite playing the hydro a month before.

Does anyone care about GC anymore?

5 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

It's not for me at all but I think that's a perfect set of headliners for their demographic. Gerry is on the way down now but Courteeners presumably on his day will make sure it sells out. 

Gerry just sold out 2 nights at Hampden Park - once his albums out he'll be back on the road in big slots again

all 3 days will fly

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

Gerry just sold out 2 nights at Hampden Park - once his albums out he'll be back on the road in big slots again

all 3 days will fly

I wouldn’t say he just sold them- was it not about 4 years ago they went on sale? Yeah it’ll probs sell well I just was hoping for one thing which was slightly out the box like Dua. 

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

It looks they're trying to pivot away from the younger crowd, I think most teenagers probably consider Liam and Gerry a bit naff.

My little brother and his mates are all 17/18 and think Liam Gallagher is the best thing to ever happen to music whilst also enjoying Gerry Cinammon so I'm not sure that holds true.

2 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

It looks they're trying to pivot away from the younger crowd, I think most teenagers probably consider Liam and Gerry a bit naff.

Gerry is very new and has many younger fans - as does LG

Just have to look at the support to see its clearly aimed at under 30s - of course older people will come for LG but it will be full of kids

9 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Didn't Courteeners top this in 2021? I wouldn't have said their stock has fallen that much since, surely?

They did but I don’t think their day sold out. They’ve never seemed too fussy with where they play so I suspect they’ll be happy with an hour on Saturday evening playing to a huge crowd.

I assume anyone into music enough be on the efests forums doesn't think this line up is, on an artistic level, anything other than a travesty.  On the other hand, you can certainly admire the clarity of the vision - as many white guys playing bland music as possible.  Embarrassingly, I actually engaged KT Tunstall on Twitter a few years ago and had a debate in which I defended the booking policy of this fest, on the grounds that DF was a commercial enterprise.  A line up like this is however indefensible.  I feel like the lady that gets bitten in Al Wilson's The Snake:

"I saved you", cried that woman
"And you've bit me even, why?
You know your bite is poisonous
and now I'm going to die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman", said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in"

Edited by Johndenis
  • Downvote 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:17 AM, fraybentos1 said:

Nah it’s clearly marketed at 18-21 year olds as it has been for years. LG is massive with the youngsters.

Both their monthly Spotify listeners are around 1 million which seems very low to me for headliners, I guess Liam has the Oasis songs to fall back on but still. Maybe it's not the best way to measure popularity.

Edited by addicted2noise

15 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Both their monthly Spotify listeners are around 1 million which seems very low to me for headliners, I guess Liam has the Oasis songs to fall back on but still. Maybe it's not the best way to measure popularity.

Look at their tour dates. Both are 100% headliners

On 11/24/2023 at 5:42 PM, DomDom1984 said:

Shikari are Tuts headliners too apparently. 

Cinnamon sold out Hampden night 1 very quickly. Did he ever sell out that second though?

Shikari and Calvin Harris clash is the worst thing I could've imagined out of that lineup, so expected really