2000 Trees 2024

sacred shape

The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie are doing joint album tours. They have a date in London but not listed venue so unsure how big they are nowadays. 

Also booked for a European festival is August and not headlining. 

I wasn't sure on the Trees stance on "legacy" acts but JEW aren't exactly pushing out bangers. 

Any chance? 

7 hours ago, onlyacat said:

The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie are doing joint album tours. They have a date in London but not listed venue so unsure how big they are nowadays. 

I wasn't sure on the Trees stance on "legacy" acts but JEW aren't exactly pushing out bangers. 

Any chance? 

Big fan of both bands, so might be slightly biased, but feel they could maybe be slightly too big for it. Hard to translate popularities across countries but they just headlined Riot Fest in the US doing the same anniversary tour. Feel like they're the kind of act that might be more popular here than on the continent. 

Also not sure if that they are quite a genre fit? Feel like they're probably more popular with the indie crowd at a festival like Primavera or All Points East rather than the heavier/punkier lineups of 2000 Trees. I reckon it'll probably end up being a standalone show at Gunnersbury Park or maybe All Points East (as one of their smaller days). 

9 hours ago, onlyacat said:

Any chance? 

JEW's last album was wall to wall bangers in fairness

Anyone heard any rumours for the additional headliners?

I seen Enter Shikari and Neck Deep doing the rounds a few months back. Both would make sense, are currently available that weekend and have big shows/tours to sell so would be delayed with being announced. Would be a bit uninspiring though imo - Enter Shikari would put on a good show but I feel they need to take a step back for a minute as it feels like they're everywhere all the time so doesn't have the exclusivity you want from a headliner. I personally don't rate Neck Deep either but they'd be about the right size now to headline you'd imagine.

6 hours ago, Heartofzinc said:

Imagine if they played that they’d be on the Friday or Saturday. So maybe the Saturday still but that festival is on the Friday. 

If the only option is for them to play the Sunday I doubt Outbreak are going to say no and there nothing stopping them from doing Oslo on Friday then Outbreak on the Saturday. Anyways, I suspect that they're the final Jera headliner on the Saturday. Seems like a shoe in for the Sunday unless they're doing Glasto instead.

On 12/6/2023 at 11:46 AM, Andrinald said:

The Hives would be a great Main Stage addition though, agreed.

They're Uk eexclusive for that Bloc Party show apparently.

5 hours ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Anyone heard any rumours for the additional headliners?

I seen Enter Shikari and Neck Deep doing the rounds a few months back. Both would make sense, are currently available that weekend and have big shows/tours to sell so would be delayed with being announced. Would be a bit uninspiring though imo - Enter Shikari would put on a good show but I feel they need to take a step back for a minute as it feels like they're everywhere all the time so doesn't have the exclusivity you want from a headliner. I personally don't rate Neck Deep either but they'd be about the right size now to headline you'd imagine.

I think the pool of likely headliners is now down to Neck Deep, Sleep Token, Taking Back Sunday, Frank Turner & Turnstile. I'm sure there's more than that but they seem the most likely.

52 minutes ago, therefused said:

I did think it might be Shikari but I think they’re nailed on for download, not that it rules them out but im doubting it now.

I think it might be TBS and Frank Turner 

Taking Back Sunday are playing the same size venues as The Wonder Years and Creeper and like half the cities compared to both's November tours. No way they headline.

Edited by justanothername

On 12/7/2023 at 12:01 AM, onlyacat said:

Any chance? 

Announced for APE today