2000 Trees 2024

sacred shape

On 11/14/2023 at 8:14 AM, sacred shape said:

Don't see why not, last year they played Outbreak (playing CMIK in full) and are doing the same at WWWY in Las Vegas next year. Would love to see CMIK in full 

Wasn't CMIK in full. Was 10 years of CMIK and I Wish I Could Stay Here set. Played a set with songs mainly on the album with 3 songs off Promise Anything (for some reason).

4 hours ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Shikari at TRNSMT on Trees weekend. Very surprised if they don't play Upcote Farm that weekend as well.

British bands doing other festivals around the same time as Trees doesnt mean much tbh. I still think they're more likely to show at Download.

MAIN
The Gaslight Anthem
Manchester Orchestra
Kids In Glass Houses

AXIOM
Hot Mulligan
Lonely The Brave
Static Dress

CAVE
Better Lovers
Incendiary
Gel

MAIN
Alkaline Trio
The Blackout
Nova Twins

AXIOM
The Story So Far
Hot Milk
The Mysterines

CAVE
Alpha Wolf
Drug Church
Crystal Lake

MAIN
Sleep Token
Basement
Silverstein

AXIOM
Creeper
Citizen
Spanish Love Songs

CAVE
Zeal & Ardor
Make Them Suffer
Scowl

13 hours ago, JimMacVeigh said:

What are the chances? I always hold out a bit of hope because I know they want it to happen. 

Extremely unlikely and doubt will ever happen. Bit too big for Trees and Prima is the only EU date so far. Chino doing Crosses after it seems.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Limp Bizkit not been announced for Download again yet they’re in Europe, just been announced for Copenhell. Any chance they headline this? 

If Download couldn't get them, then Trees sure ain't. Again, too big for Trees.

8 hours ago, justanothername said:

Extremely unlikely and doubt will ever happen. Bit too big for Trees and Prima is the only EU date so far. Chino doing Crosses after it seems.

If Download couldn't get them, then Trees sure ain't. Again, too big for Trees.

At the live podcast at ATG, Deftones were an example given as probably the largest/most expensive band they could get to headline trees, unless they could really sweet talk Biffy. I'd imagine Limp Bizkit are in a similar ball park to Deftones, so I wouldn't completely write them off.

2 hours ago, Gummy de Milo said:

At the live podcast at ATG, Deftones were an example given as probably the largest/most expensive band they could get to headline trees, unless they could really sweet talk Biffy. I'd imagine Limp Bizkit are in a similar ball park to Deftones, so I wouldn't completely write them off.

That's what Trees say but I don't believe it. Gaslight is their biggest international headliner so far (have been a few large academy/small arena headliners but they have all been British), Deftones and Bizkit are a step up from that and the biggest headliner they would have got. They could easily sub the main or headline second at Download, 3rd on main or subbing 2nd is approx Trees headline level for the biggest acts. I think Bizkit were even approached by Download and they turned it down, really can't see Trees offering them a better deal.

Also Biffy would never be sweet talked into doing Trees, would kill their chances of headlining a major fest ever again.

Edited by justanothername

10 hours ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Would be happy if he's a solo or duo set on a smaller stage, in particular the Forest. Disappointed if he's a headliner.

9 hours ago, bingobear said:

I heard his name at the same time as I heard gaslight first. I assume it would be full band but pretty uninspiring if that's what we end up with 

The Sleeping Souls have their own project and tour - album out recently and dates announced so I can't see them doing anything with Frank next year so likely a solo if he does.

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The Sleeping Souls have their own project and tour - album out recently and dates announced so I can't see them doing anything with Frank next year so likely a solo if he does.

they e already said the short our they are doing to support the album is all they have time for before returning to the day job and Frank's new album so certainly wouldn't rule full band out so quickly 

2 minutes ago, bingobear said:

they e already said the short our they are doing to support the album is all they have time for before returning to the day job and Frank's new album so certainly wouldn't rule full band out so quickly 

I missed that - thanks.

Maybe the full band then....................... I would love it especially if they stuck them on mid afternoon rather than headline as some other festivals have over the years.