16 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Yeah, Brutus are great and I saw Whispering Sons supporting Editors in my last gig pre-Covid, also a decent watch. 

Don’t think this was the announcement people were waiting for though sadly 

Haven´t heard of these names but I assume it´s the Belgian week announcement. Have they updated the poster? 

10 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Haven´t heard of these names but I assume it´s the Belgian week announcement. Have they updated the poster? 

Yeah, the Insta post makes reference to 9 of them being Belgian and the last being a Belgian resident. Don’t believe they’ve updated the poster yet though. 

I always applaud Werchter for putting the spotlight on homegrown artists though, not always my thing musically but it’s think it’s very good to highlight and promote their own talent

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

No updated poster yet but on the website you can now see the stage each band plays at.

Interesting that there is only one name for the Slope so far. Therefore, more than half of the remaining names (approx. 23/40) are for the Slope.

New poster visible in their instagram stories

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

No updated poster yet but on the website you can now see the stage each band plays at.

Interesting that there is only one name for the Slope so far. Therefore, more than half of the remaining names (approx. 23/40) are for the Slope.

2 actually (Peuk and High Vis), but yeah, the Slope has to save this years edition.. As for the major stages, most main spots are taken, but this is what we get for buying tickets too early. The two worst days are sold out, so nothing more to expect there in terms quality at least. 

17 hours ago, douglasmanso said:

I feel that Khruangbin is being "pushed down our throats" as main act in every major festival this year. I mean, i don't have anything against them or their work but it doesn't make sense for them to be so so high in every lineup.
I felt the same wiht maneskin as headiner but I can understand that because they have some big hits (and their concert is very good indeed). But khraiasadidagibin? no way

They are also the fourth name in Sunday of Coachella which is a very high spot for a band in that caliber. Justice and Gesaffelstein are the fourth names on Friday and Saturday and they both have higher streaming numbers compared to Khruangbin. 

Main stage: 23 names known , 5 TBA

Barn 21: names known, 3 TBA

Klub 😄 14 names known, 10 TBA

Slope: 2 names known, 22 TBA

Looks like this year the Slope will have to "save it" (for me). Would be blown away if combi-, thursday- and friday-tickets will get sold out with this line-up. Had a quick look at last year's friday... there's not one day of this year's line-up that even comes close to that friday. 😔

Edited by DaveRSV4
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/23/2024 at 2:25 PM, DaveRSV4 said:

Main stage: 23 names known , 5 TBA

Barn 21: names known, 3 TBA

Klub 😄 14 names known, 10 TBA

Slope: 2 names known, 22 TBA

Looks like this year the Slope will have to "save it" (for me). Would be blown away if combi-, thursday- and friday-tickets will get sold out with this line-up. Had a quick look at last year's friday... there's not one day of this year's line-up that even comes close to that friday. 😔

Really weird to see only 2 names announced for The Slope... after the first announcements, I thought they removed this stage. Curious to see what they'll get but it won't change my opinion on this year line-up anyway.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Archi said:

Really weird to see only 2 names announced for The Slope... after the first announcements, I thought they removed this stage. Curious to see what they'll get but it won't change my opinion on this year line-up anyway.

It has been the same the last years as well. The Slope has a tendency of being announced late.

54 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

In case anyone was still hoping for Massive attack, they have now been announced on Lokerse feesten.

After their soundbleed issue in Mad Cool 2018, I don't think they will attend a big festival in Europe like werchter and mad cool who will very likely put a counter program against them. They want smaller festivals that only they can perform at the end as a headliner. They are headlining Meo Kalorama which is also a smaller festival compared to Rock Werchter.

4 minutes ago, polnico said:

At Open'er, Maneskin are playing the same day as Foo Fighters... Crazy that they headline Werchter on their own but not Open'er.

Yes! Just the basic fact that having Måneskin and Foo Fighters on the same day makes it a stronger day than any of the Werchter days. 

2 hours ago, polnico said:

At Open'er, Maneskin are playing the same day as Foo Fighters... Crazy that they headline Werchter on their own but not Open'er.

They also have Doja Cat headline which wouldn't happen at Werchter for example. It's not always 1:1 comparison between festivals and countries 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

They also have Doja Cat headline which wouldn't happen at Werchter for example. It's not always 1:1 comparison between festivals and countries 

Yeah true. The Doja Cat day is pretty strong overall through. 21 Savage and Sam Smith are also playing that day, and so are the likes of AIR, Modeselektor, Sampha and Slowdive. 

• Upvote 2

I'm surprised if we got an announcement from RW today in the middle of PKP announcement... Some people will think it's a good idea to have many festivals announcing during the same time and have a bigger hyper, I honestly disagree. Especially with RW selling well and PKP just starting with their line-up. Anyway, we'll see later today, even if the habit of Friday 4pm announcements is gone at RW.

4 hours ago, polnico said:

Idles was on Strubru last night, and they announced they were playing Rock Werchter on Sunday! 🎉! No confirmation from Werchter yet, so I suppose (hope) we'll be getting a nice package at 4pm!

Idles, Royal Blood and Foo's is a top day. Be shattered on the train on Monday!

22 minutes ago, Archi said:

I'm surprised if we got an announcement from RW today in the middle of PKP announcement... Some people will think it's a good idea to have many festivals announcing during the same time and have a bigger hyper, I honestly disagree. Especially with RW selling well and PKP just starting with their line-up. Anyway, we'll see later today, even if the habit of Friday 4pm announcements is gone at RW.

Yeah I agree that it's weird. I think even though Primavera can sometimes suck with their comm, they are always spot on with how they drop the lineup. Drop the entire thing early, and do last minute adjustments if necessary.

I get the idea of announcing headliners once at a time to add "hype", but usually this makes me hesitate more than anything, because then you hope that they might still announce this or that, and then you're often disappointed.

Also Idles announcing themselves isn't forcing Werchter's hand to drop a package, it's not like they're a headliner, so we might defo have to wait more. Hope is there though.

Edited by polnico