8 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

There are probably some good names still to come, but I can't really see how that are able to turn this from very weak (probably the weakest in my 12 year history of going), into something that will make it possible for me to add extra people to our group. 

Yep, same here! At this point every year (i.e. one day before ticket sales) the back-and-forth messages with my friends are about who's buying the tickets and who's taking care of the accommodation. Today, for the first time, the messages were... "are we going"? 

But let's keep the optimism cause, for me, a summer without RW will be a weird summer.

• Like 2

I looks like no Werchter for me this year too. Foo Fighters was excellent and the best way to start your 'campaign', Dua Lipa is an amazing name I really wanted to see, but that last batch of names and now Lenny made my excitement go downhill from there. 

Hoping for a big, huge surprise but otherwise I'll skip a year. Plenty of other (and equally good/better) festivals to visit. The stress about skipping whole sets before wanting to see someone in the Barn adds up to this though. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea if the Hive Resort packages tend to sell out really quickly?  These disappointing announcements have me questioning making the trip from Canada.  Ideally we'd wait for a few more names but I wouldn't want to be left without a Sahara/Tipi package at that point. Thanks!

5 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I don´t think they are. As far as I know, they have never co headlined at Werchter. Instead, they have had a strong undercard before them for example War on drugs in 2022 and Jack White in 2018. 

I don't think they're a band that lives for the ego of the headline or co-headline marquee. I think this makes the initial claim that they were playing July 5 much, much more likely. Maneskin is the headliner currently, and they're just simply not that strong for most concertgoers. A Maneskin/Pearl Jam brings in young and old and gives the entire festival more heft. 

I remain of the opinion that they're waiting to release their Euro touring schedule in one press release, since their name is NOWHERE and they're definitely playing in Europe. 

20 minutes ago, Hammerfest said:

Does anyone have any idea if the Hive Resort packages tend to sell out really quickly?  These disappointing announcements have me questioning making the trip from Canada.  Ideally we'd wait for a few more names but I wouldn't want to be left without a Sahara/Tipi package at that point. Thanks!

Yes I'm afraid they do. The Hive Resort is usually the first one to sell out I think. I wouldn't wait for too long...

20 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Yes I'm afraid they do. The Hive Resort is usually the first one to sell out I think. I wouldn't wait for too long...

Hive Resort indeed sells out first but it's not an instant sellout. I bought mine in late Jan for 22 edition. Cheers!

Have to say as someone who’s planning on being a newbie to this festival I’m alright with the lineup.  Got enough for me to watch already and a few new bands I’ve never seen.  Still loads to announce too so I’m sure there’ll be another couple of handfuls im interested in. 

Reckon we’ll get an Arcade Fire/KOL as a co header on the Lenny day.  Someone more poppy with Maneskin (probably Sam Smith) and then someone to break up Avril and Dua on the main stage 

10 minutes ago, graceunderpressure said:

Are Q.O.T.S.A a possibility ? I might forgive them for not getting Pearl Jam 🙂

Same here🙂 There might be a slim chance actually since they were a success last year at the festival. However, I am pessimistic after the last batch of announcements. But it ain´t over til it´s over. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, sisco said:

KOL and Arcade Fire would be my guess

I'll be happy with this....if we have a strong undercard, witch in my opinion we've not had for years....

Lenny Kravitz --> Kings of Leon
Maneskin --> Queens of the Stone Age
Arcade Fire --> Dua Lipa
The Offspring --> Foo Fighters

10 hours ago, Gossard said:

Lenny Kravitz --> Kings of Leon
Maneskin --> Queens of the Stone Age
Arcade Fire --> Dua Lipa
The Offspring --> Foo Fighters

I wouldn't mind this in combination with a strong undercard and decent alternatives to the main stage for Saturday (it's shaping up to be a day for the smaller stages for me). As things stand, QOTSA (even on repeat) can have a big impact on the lineup. They were so good last year that I don't think many people would mind seeing them again.

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Like 1

Philip Selway during a livestream:

"We’ve actually had a little break for a minute; the last show that we did was back in 2018, but we’re coming back ’round to that point now. There is just something particular to that relationship - that creative relationship and personal relationship - actually, you can’t get anywhere else. We’re all coming back around to that point now of thinking, ‘Right, we’ve had a break - this is it. This feels like something to dive back into and really explore and see what other directions it can take us in."

That's excellent news for 2025 :)! Now give us The Smile in '24 and we'll happily wait 1-2 years for Radiohead!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

"We’ve actually had a little break for a minute; the last show that we did was back in 2018, but we’re coming back ’round to that point now. There is just something particular to that relationship - that creative relationship and personal relationship - actually, you can’t get anywhere else. We’re all coming back around to that point now of thinking, ‘Right, we’ve had a break - this is it. This feels like something to dive back into and really explore and see what other directions it can take us in."

That's excellent news for 2025 :)! Now give us The Smile in '24 and we'll happily wait 1-2 years for Radiohead!

Fantastic! Werchter has always been reliable in bringing back Radiohead.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

That's me (hopefully) back in Werchter (for a day at least) in 2025 then!