My guess at the line-up, it will probably be completely wrong. I'll only do the co-headliners:

Thursday: Florence and the Machine into Bring me The Horizon 

Friday: SZA into Tame Impala

Saturday: Greta Van Fleet into Green Day

Sunday: Paramore into Foo Fighters

The memories are still fresh so I thought it might be a good time to start the rumour mill for 2024.

Foo Fighters seem to be the safest bet so far.

Depeche Mode very probable if what was implied a few months ago (about a festival tour in '24) is true.

TOOL have announced a US tour in autumn. Maybe in EU by summer? Definitely on my wish list

For Pearl Jam it might be too soon? Certainly not for me but probably for most people. It depends on when the new album will be out I guess.

Time for The Smile to finally show up? And maybe Damon Albarn will return with Gorillaz, TGTBATQ, or solo? It's been a while for Tame Impala too.

What are your thoughts and/or wishlists?

Some random wishlist stuff:

Depeche Mode, The National, Lana Del Rey, Tame Impala, Ghost, The Smile, LCD Soundsystem, Nine Inch Nails, Janelle Monae, dEUS, PJ Harvey. 

I reckon Foo Fighters and Dua Lipa will be there too. Big fear of Greta Van Fleet and Blink 182 showing up too... And I won't be surprised to see Fred Again returning, closing down the main stage. 

Stromae is a wildcard, depending on his mental state. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Depeche Mode, The National, Lana Del Rey, Tame Impala, Ghost, The Smile, LCD Soundsystem, Nine Inch Nails, Janelle Monae, dEUS, PJ Harvey. 

I reckon Foo Fighters and Dua Lipa will be there too. Big fear of Greta Van Fleet and Blink 182 showing up too... And I won't be surprised to see Fred Again returning, closing down the main stage. 

I'm out of upvotes so here you go ⬆️

Happy to see this topic started: I'll go with the following (overly optimistic) prediction/wishlist:

Thursday:

Main : Dua Lipa / The Strokes / Charlotte De Witte closing

Barn: The Smile

Klub-c: Loyle Carner

Friday:

Main: RATM / SOAD

Barn: Lorde

Klub-c: Marc Rebillet

Saturday:

Main: Tame Impala / Lana del Rey / Foals

Barn: Gojira

Klub-c: Agnes Obel

Sunday: 

Main : Foo Fighters / The National

Barn: New Order

Klub-c: The Blaze

edit: I'll also throw in LCD Soundsystem, and I'll have them over any of the other artists on this line up. 😄

Edited by polnico

17 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Happy for you to book the festival.

30 minutes ago, polnico said:

Happy to see this topic started: I'll go with the following (overly optimistic) prediction/wishlist:

Thursday:

Main : Dua Lipa / The Strokes / Charlotte De Witte closing

Barn: The Smile

Klub-c: Loyle Carner

Friday:

Main: RATM / SOAD

Barn: Lorde

Klub-c: Marc Rebillet

Saturday:

Main: Tame Impala / Lana del Rey / Foals

Barn: Gojira

Klub-c: Agnes Obel

Sunday: 

Main : Foo Fighters / The National

Barn: New Order

Klub-c: The Blaze

Nice! How do I request to have more upvotes to give in this forum?

Here is a first drop from me without giving it much thought (we share quite a few names):

Thursday: Foals - Foo Fighters

Friday: Smashing Pumpkins - TOOL

Saturday: Tame Impala - Depeche Mode

Sunday: Deftones or Gojira - SOAD or RATM

For the Barn: The Smile, Manu Chao, Alice in Chains, PJ Harvey

KlubC: Chase & Status, Caribou, Paul Kalkbrenner, DJ Shadow

The Slope: Brutus, The Snuts, Igorrr, Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats

SOAD and RATM are probably not realistic but hey...RHCP can always replace them! 😂 

A few more random names that would fit well in no particular order: Rival Sons, Eddie Vedder, Mastodon, Madrugada, Jamiroquai, A Perfect Circle, Archive, Parov Stelar, Beirut, Bonobo, James, Gramatik, Fontaines DC, The Dear Hunter, Steven Wilson, Richard Ashcroft, Soen, Franz Ferdinand, The Brian Jonestown Massacre.

I don't even dare to write about Massive Attack anymore 😞

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Nice! How do I request to have more upvotes to give in this forum?

Here is a first drop from me without giving it much thought (we share quite a few names):

Thursday: Foals - Foo Fighters

Friday: Smashing Pumpkins - TOOL

Saturday: Tame Impala - Depeche Mode

Sunday: Deftones or Gojira - SOAD or RATM

For the Barn: The Smile, Manu Chao, Alice in Chains, PJ Harvey

KlubC: Chase & Status, Caribou, Paul Kalkbrenner, DJ Shadow

The Slope: Brutus, The Snuts, Igorrr, Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats

SOAD and RATM are probably not realistic but hey...RHCP can always replace them! 😂 

A few more random names that would fit well in no particular order: Rival Sons, Eddie Vedder, Mastodon, Madrugada, Jamiroquai, A Perfect Circle, Archive, Parov Stelar, Beirut, Bonobo, James, Gramatik, Fontaines DC, The Dear Hunter, Steven Wilson, Richard Ashcroft, Soen, Franz Ferdinand, The Brian Jonestown Massacre.

I don't even dare to write about Massive Attack anymore 😞

All this looks great, but I think Werchter needs to work on gender balance, and this is looking far too full of man-only bands!

3 minutes ago, polnico said:

All this looks great, but I think Werchter needs to work on gender balance, and this is looking far too full of man-only bands!

That's true, I didn't account for that. But it's only headliners the rest of the lineup could balance it (but I do get your point and probably many headliners  - especially for the tents - will be female acts in the end)

6 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

That's true, I didn't account for that. But it's only headliners the rest of the lineup could balance it (but I do get your point and probably many headliners  - especially for the tents - will be female acts in the end)

Again out of reactions but fully agree!

Very early prediction (and probably too optimistic or involving touring acts that will end up in other BE festivals) :

Dua Lipa / Angèle (The National - Barn)

Foo Fighters / Paramore (Lorde - Barn)

SOAD / Ghost (London Grammar - Barn)

Depeche Mode / Blur (Janelle Monae - Barn)

Foo Fighters is a safe bet as said before. Pretty sure Ghost were also considered as a strong possibility.

Also going for the Dua / Angèle combo. The National would fit better in that new Barn. They could ask for that co-head slot but they were happy to play in the much smaller Marquee in Pukkelpop 2019 so who knows?

Lana del Rey for Boutique if touring (she’s getting too big for festivals, the demand for her mini EU tour this week was almost at Taylor Swift’s level).

Reckon Fred again will close the Main in 2025. Sam Fender also a strong candidate to a co-head spot when he’s back with his third record.

Not optimistic for LCD as they seem to accept headliner deals only nowadays, and they’re clearly not headliner material here.

Edited by VCF

3 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Foos yes but Blur...since we didn't get them this year I don't see how we'll get them the next. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

Damon has a strong relationship with RW. I agree that their absence this year (and the poor lokerfeesten sales) isn't a good sign, but assuming the 2023 lineup was kind of sealed for a while now and other than primavera blur did not do many major festivals in Europe.. idk, I have a good feeling. If not as main headliners then Co or Barn heads. I saw Damon perform in a small tent in lowlands as TGTBTQ, I don't think his ego prevents a possible non-headliner deal

Edited by Ohad

4 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I can easily see Blur there as a 2nd name next to someone else huge, similar to RHCP - The Killers last year

Definitely! Last time they co-headlined with Kings of Leon. So it shouldn´t be entirely out of the question. 

Also, Blur has an album out now in a few weeks and it´s likely they will continue touring it.