What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

4 hours ago, -TLR- said:

i see what you mean:

image.png.e2d5794d48b0e3b3260e01e44d205f24.png

so the whole groundsheet for the front part of the tent clips in like this yeah? (rather than being sewn in).

Yes that’s correct. It’s not too bad if it doesn’t rain but we’ve had leakage at a wet festival. 

5 hours ago, Looother said:

It's my first Glastonbury at 49, having finally given up on finding a small festival with a line-up that looks like the West Holts, and I only got the tickets (through work) last week. So I'm currently obsessively researching. I've booked a hotel nearby for the Tuesday night. I've binned off my Green Man tickets. I've ordered some wellies. I've made an excellent playlist. I'm trying to decide if it's worth replacing a perfectly good tent with a new one that has blackout fabric. And I'm reading everything.

Well done you, that's quite a list ticked off.

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time 🙂 

Really weird thing just now. I woke up in a panic thinking I had to set off for Glastonbury and hadn't packed anything. So strange, there wasn't even a proper dream attached to the thought, just a feeling.

The reality is worse. I need to go to work lol.

14 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Yes that’s correct. It’s not too bad if it doesn’t rain but we’ve had leakage at a wet festival. 

I’ve got the air version of that tent. It’s good for a short family camp in nice weather, but probably not a wet festival. The bedroom part is fine though.
One of the windows is mesh with an internal cover which I’d imagine would leak. Also you can’t easily padlock it, which I always do at festivals. 

I have an F&B quick hiker 3 for festivals, it’s really good in bad weather. No porch though. 

Just now, Metal Monkey said:

I’ve got the air version of that tent. It’s good for a short family camp in nice weather, but probably not a wet festival. The bedroom part is fine though.
One of the windows is mesh with an internal cover which I’d imagine would leak. Also you can’t easily padlock it, which I always do at festivals. 

I have an F&B quick hiker 3 for festivals, it’s really good in bad weather. No porch though. 

Why do you padlock it out of interest ? Surely that is asking for trouble and someone to slash it ? Not only losing valuables but ending up with a damaged tent ? Just use the free lockups they are amazing 

19 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Why do you padlock it out of interest ? Surely that is asking for trouble and someone to slash it ? Not only losing valuables but ending up with a damaged tent ? Just use the free lockups they are amazing 

Paranoia I guess! I think people are more likely to be deterred by a locked tent, it’s easier for them to try another tent and looks less obviously like they are stealing. I agree it might make it look like there’s something worth stealing but the padlocks aren’t obvious and I think there’s not loads of people around who are willing to slash your tent. Particularly at Glasto since the fence. 
I use the lock ups, but it’s the things i need in the tent I worry about. Having a cool box full of nice beer going missing on the Wednesday would be a disaster! 

Adapting to a new life as a diabetic, having been found in a coma a couple of weeks ago and stayed for a while in hospital (as serious as it sounds). I won’t be able to be as carefree when it comes to food and drink as I have been in years past, but that’ll be a positive for my health. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looking brilliant, how’s the weight for wearing it for lengthy periods? Reckon the Coldplay wristbands will have some serious competition. 

its light ... not even half the weight of the old one , will mostly wear this one post headliners and on wed , thurs .... im about to start version 2 ( just the frame ) which will be worn at other times and is lighter still 

edit im hoping to add a wristband or two to it if I can get one this time 🙂 

Edited by Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

That's why I padlock the tents next to me.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

Paranoia I guess! I think people are more likely to be deterred by a locked tent, it’s easier for them to try another tent and looks less obviously like they are stealing. I agree it might make it look like there’s something worth stealing but the padlocks aren’t obvious and I think there’s not loads of people around who are willing to slash your tent. Particularly at Glasto since the fence. 
I use the lock ups, but it’s the things i need in the tent I worry about. Having a cool box full of nice beer going missing on the Wednesday would be a disaster! 

I've worked with security at festivals they have consistently told me tents that are padlocked are 10 × more likely to be broken into as theives dont want to waste there time routing though tents with no valuables in so they target ones that clearly are protecting something. 

Padlock does absolutely 0 in slowing someone getting into a tent you can rip the zips open with your bare hands 

41 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I've worked with security at festivals they have consistently told me tents that are padlocked are 10 × more likely to be broken into as theives dont want to waste there time routing though tents with no valuables in so they target ones that clearly are protecting something. 

Padlock does absolutely 0 in slowing someone getting into a tent you can rip the zips open with your bare hands 

That doesn’t make any sense, you have to try the tent to find the padlock, especially if it’s on the inner tent. If someone tries the zip to see if it’s padlocked and finds it isn’t… they are in the tent! 
As long as nobody can see the padlock from the outside or see you lock it, it will do something to deter an opportunistic thief. All tents have something worth nicking in, especially on the first few days of a festival. 

2 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

All tents have something worth nicking in, especially on the first few days of a festival. 

As has been pointed out, not those who put their valuables in the lock ups 😊

• Upvote 1

Just now, Metal Monkey said:

That doesn’t make any sense, you have to try the tent to find the padlock, especially if it’s on the inner tent. If someone tries the zip to see if it’s padlocked and finds it isn’t… they are in the tent! 
As long as nobody can see the padlock from the outside or see you lock it, it will do something to deter an opportunistic thief. All tents have something worth nicking in, especially on the first few days of a festival. 

It makes sense to me.

I mean I've definitely walked though a field of tents and noticed padlocks on zips. Especially if there bright metal that reflects the sun. 

Just because your tent enables you do conceal the padlock does not mean it will for everyone's tent.

Ps won't be anything in mind I'd be bothered about being nicked and I'd never padlock it for fear that someone would wreck the tent easily getting in. 

Each to there own but personally I think pad locking a tent is a bad idea 

I'm sure I'm bot the only one

1 minute ago, Ben7amin_ said:

It makes sense to me.

I mean I've definitely walked though a field of tents and noticed padlocks on zips. Especially if there bright metal that reflects the sun. 

Just because your tent enables you do conceal the padlock does not mean it will for everyone's tent.

Ps won't be anything in mind I'd be bothered about being nicked and I'd never padlock it for fear that someone would wreck the tent easily getting in. 

It’s definately advised against 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, clarkete said:

As has been pointed out, not those who put their valuables in the lock ups 😊

Definitely use the lock ups, but you can’t put everything in them. There’s plenty of stuff I want in the tent all the time that I wouldn’t want getting nicked. 

10 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

It makes sense to me.

If you can see the padlock outside it does look like there’s something valuable to hide. 

16 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

If you can see the padlock outside it does look like there’s something valuable to hide. 

I'm really excited to know about your great valuables now 😉