What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

On 5/10/2024 at 1:03 PM, woyski said:

The boots are in my possession and I'm breaking them in! Although waiting for some gel insoles to arrive too.

I'll have wellies by the door week of but I am seriously considering walking boots for wet/muddy and trainers for dry.

Decent comfortable boots are always preferable to wellies. 

Topped up the MOTH cocktails supply. The Margaritas are on offer in Morrisons at the moment, 3 for £8, and to add a bit of variety with some espresso martinis there was a nice little discount code for their own website (runs out tonight if anyone was intending to use it and needs a reminder!)

• Like 1

Have just booked free cancellation hotel rooms for Sunday/Monday as still unsure of my travelling home plans yet, will partly depend on Oxfam shifts. Travelling 300+ miles home on my own after a week on site has got me feeling a bit stressed! Also got a small day backpack sorted and tried it out whilst getting my 20k steps in last night after work 🙂 

On 5/12/2024 at 8:53 PM, germanmon said:

Topped up the MOTH cocktails supply. The Margaritas are on offer in Morrisons at the moment, 3 for £8, and to add a bit of variety with some espresso martinis there was a nice little discount code for their own website (runs out tonight if anyone was intending to use it and needs a reminder!)

Can only find a 15% discount for their site - cheaper to buy them in morrisons, it seems

Productive day! Waterproofed my new-to-me walking boots, then handed in school absence request form with a polite letter attached explaining why we were taking the  kid out of school and some of the amazing things they would be experiencing. Delighted to hear back later not authorising but telling us to have a great time 😊

On 5/14/2024 at 10:33 AM, thewomble said:

Have just booked free cancellation hotel rooms for Sunday/Monday as still unsure of my travelling home plans yet, will partly depend on Oxfam shifts. Travelling 300+ miles home on my own after a week on site has got me feeling a bit stressed! Also got a small day backpack sorted and tried it out whilst getting my 20k steps in last night after work 🙂 

Are you driving or public transport? We’ve a similarly long drive after the festival each year (back to Dublin via. Holyhead). Previously we staying in Bristol on Monday after but last year, and again this year, we’re staying in the Cheltenham Chase. If you can afford to take the Tuesday off work, a pool/jacuzzi on Monday is a game changer for shaking off the week.

31 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Are you driving or public transport? We’ve a similarly long drive after the festival each year (back to Dublin via. Holyhead). Previously we staying in Bristol on Monday after but last year, and again this year, we’re staying in the Cheltenham Chase. If you can afford to take the Tuesday off work, a pool/jacuzzi on Monday is a game changer for shaking off the week.

Driving, as I'm on my own I want to make sure I'm taking it easy. Found the journey home hard even just as a passenger last year. Jacuzzi sounds unreal for festival recovery! I'm already off on the Tuesday but would really like to get back on the Monday night if possible so can have a full day of relaxing before back to work! Just hoping I avoid an overnight Oxfam shift on Sunday 

Bought a new rain jacket whilst it was on special offer.

Hoping not to need it if course.

And made a list of what else I still need to get.

5 hours ago, thewomble said:

Driving, as I'm on my own I want to make sure I'm taking it easy. Found the journey home hard even just as a passenger last year. Jacuzzi sounds unreal for festival recovery! I'm already off on the Tuesday but would really like to get back on the Monday night if possible so can have a full day of relaxing before back to work! Just hoping I avoid an overnight Oxfam shift on Sunday 

Yeah, best to play it safe but to be honest, I find it far less tiring being the driver than the passenger so hopefully it's the same for you. Just blare the tunes (paired with a blast of fresh air from the window every so often!).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thewomble said:

You'd be pretty unlucky to get a Sunday overnight shift. The gates are stood down during the Sunday day/evening shift (around 8ish usually. After the security handover) and aren't replaced. There's only a few working Sunday night (largely Oxfield and a couple of crossings I think). I could be wrong on this but it might even just be people who said they were available for Monday shifts but I'm not 100% on that

41 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Also went through terminal 2 where I didn’t have to unpack my liquids or laptop for security. Massive step up. 

It's a game changer - the left half of T1 has the new machines too.

They don't advertise that you can bring as much liquids as you want through on the new machines, either.

I need a new sun hat.  My old straw cowboy hat fell to pieces last year.  Can't seem to find a similar replacement that fits my massive melon (62cm).  One size fits all doesn't cut it.  Don't want to spend a fortune.  Anyone got any thoughts?

10 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

It's a game changer - the left half of T1 has the new machines too.

They don't advertise that you can bring as much liquids as you want through on the new machines, either.

Yea I saw some were on the old machines. 

it’s great. 

59 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

You'd be pretty unlucky to get a Sunday overnight shift. The gates are stood down during the Sunday day/evening shift (around 8ish usually. After the security handover) and aren't replaced. There's only a few working Sunday night (largely Oxfield and a couple of crossings I think). I could be wrong on this but it might even just be people who said they were available for Monday shifts but I'm not 100% on that

That’s good to know thanks! Did have a feeling that was the case, hopefully won’t get one 

55 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I need a new sun hat.  My old straw cowboy hat fell to pieces last year.  Can't seem to find a similar replacement that fits my massive melon (62cm).  One size fits all doesn't cut it.  Don't want to spend a fortune.  Anyone got any thoughts?

These go big enough. 

https://www.tarphat.co.uk/catalogue.aspx

Not dirt cheap but they do last. 

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

These go big enough. 

https://www.tarphat.co.uk/catalogue.aspx

Not dirt cheap but they do last. 

Got one! Bit sweaty for the hot days though. Was ideally after a light, straw one.

After much dithering, decided to hit go on ordering a decent cool box. Went for the Coleman Extreme...will be onsite from the Monday, so hoping to get the full five days out of it! Testing it out next week (if it arrives on time) at Bearded.