Tell me ALL about Love Fields!

irnkrtn

Have you stopped in it? What's the craic?

We were borderline obsessed with it as every night when we walked past there up The Hill of Death there appeared to be another mid 00s pop act playing on a stage. It also seemed to have some Germanic looking wooden hotel.

Is it extra fancy? Do you also have to walk up a big hill to get in? I need deets

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a camping option that’s not on site, it’s the closest option. We’ve been staying there for a few years and love it. 

We’ve previously had the pitch your own option and this year had a pre-erected bell tent. 

The main benefits are decent toilets and showers, space between tents and being able to drive up to your tent with your gear.

It’s not going to be for everyone and I understand that. For us, it makes our Glastonbury manageable. 

There are also VIP options of furnished tents and Airstreams. They are where the big wooden house thing is. The Magic Numbers played there on Thursday night. This part is fenced off and only accessible to the VIP campers. 

We were not even 5 minutes from the gate. 

7 hours ago, Neil said:

what happens if  there's the cancellation of the festival.

We booked the Love Fields pitch your own field (they call it Glastonbury Docks) after securing our 2020 tickets. We wanted to be sure we had a CV space reasonably close to the gate and we were not in a position to arrive early.  They rolled it forward to the next actual festival so there was no problem at that time. Not sure if there have been bad experiences, but that was our experience.

Overall for Love Fields the showers/loos are nice at the beginning end of the day (hack - shower at 2am before hitting bed, no queues!). The bar area at the bottom, v close to PGC, looks good, but we never used it. It has breakfast/pizza options and a stall selling some clothes, etc.), but as I say, we didn't need it, rather get inside the gate and grab breakfast by the gateway riser stage listening to LOTG 🙂

17 hours ago, Neil said:

what happens if  there's the cancellation of the frestival.

Our experience (when there was the Covid cancellation) was that they rolled it over to the following year. We were very happy with this as we wanted to guarantee our place there. From all my dealings with them, I’ve found them to be very fair and always friendly.

10 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

Our experience (when there was the Covid cancellation) was that they rolled it over to the following year.

your experience wasn't everyone's. i was led to believe that they tried to charge someone saying the space in the field was still available.

what i'm saying is to read the t&c's and make sure you're happy with all of them.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

your experience wasn't everyone's. i was led to believe that they tried to charge someone saying the space in the field was still available.

what i'm saying is to read the t&c's and make sure you're happy with all of them.

Fair enough, my experience was actually MY experience though and not just something ‘I was led to believe’. 

And after staying there for 5 years, I can honestly say I have never heard anyone say a bad word against it…apart from people on here who haven’t ever stayed there, but are against it because it’s a load of posh people who don’t get Glastonbury etc etc. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

We have taken the plunge now and bought a package for next year. Would be great to get some insights into access to the fields (presume further along the blue route than when you go into the campervan fields?) and any other day to day experience of being in the fancy tents. We've booked a 5m bell tent which comes with 2 EPO tickets (should be three but we only need 2 due to the kids ages and Love Fields were great with adding another bed in there and removing the cost of the EPO ticket) . It is possible to upgrade these to hospitality tickets for any extra 1200 each! - won't be doing that for sure. I did read that these allow access to the interstage area etc, we did book once before with Windinglake and with the EPO's we got with them we were allowed to use the interstage area - this was back in 2014 so things may have changed since then.

We've always had our own or a rented van when we've been before so this is the first time for us in a tent and without our own fridge and cooking facilities, so first time relying on others for all our food needs.

3 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

We have taken the plunge now and bought a package for next year. Would be great to get some insights into access to the fields (presume further along the blue route than when you go into the campervan fields?) and any other day to day experience of being in the fancy tents. We've booked a 5m bell tent which comes with 2 EPO tickets (should be three but we only need 2 due to the kids ages and Love Fields were great with adding another bed in there and removing the cost of the EPO ticket) . It is possible to upgrade these to hospitality tickets for any extra 1200 each! - won't be doing that for sure. I did read that these allow access to the interstage area etc, we did book once before with Windinglake and with the EPO's we got with them we were allowed to use the interstage area - this was back in 2014 so things may have changed since then.

We've always had our own or a rented van when we've been before so this is the first time for us in a tent and without our own fridge and cooking facilities, so first time relying on others for all our food needs.

interstage are is good for some sit down food options (not a lot else).
for extra food options from lovefield, you could nip up to the food traders in the campervan fields.

7 hours ago, Neil said:

interstage are is good for some sit down food options (not a lot else).
for extra food options from lovefield, you could nip up to the food traders in the campervan fields.

Thanks Neil, I think those traders up the hill would be an option, but maybe with the EPO access, it would be just as quick to go into gate c and visit some of the ones in there? Might end up taking a cool box to leave in the car with a few bits and pieces to tide us over. We only went through the interstage area once in 2014, was useful as a short cut with having young kids and double pushchair and it being quite muddy at the time, other than that we didn't see much of interest in there at all, think we looked inside the food places but i don't think we bothered eating there. There was another private seating area we could get into somewhere near silver hayes i think it was, that was really useful too. But from what i've seen or understand the upgrade to hospitality tickets is a step too far for us, really don't see the benefit. we'll just try our luck with the EPO ones again as being a bit older would now appreciate any reduction in walking time and some nice sitting chances )

32 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Thanks Neil, I think those traders up the hill would be an option, but maybe with the EPO access, it would be just as quick to go into gate c and visit some of the ones in there? Might end up taking a cool box to leave in the car with a few bits and pieces to tide us over. We only went through the interstage area once in 2014, was useful as a short cut with having young kids and double pushchair and it being quite muddy at the time, other than that we didn't see much of interest in there at all, think we looked inside the food places but i don't think we bothered eating there. There was another private seating area we could get into somewhere near silver hayes i think it was, that was really useful too. But from what i've seen or understand the upgrade to hospitality tickets is a step too far for us, really don't see the benefit. we'll just try our luck with the EPO ones again as being a bit older would now appreciate any reduction in walking time and some nice sitting chances )

theres nothing of interest in the interstage area, and its generally full of people who have little interest in the festival going on out front. - loos are generally a bit cleaner and less queues. the eating options are good cos its nice to sit down to eat after  days on your feet.adds a bit of variety to the food options too.

might not be quick going into the festival with an EPO  cos they might decide to search you.

sat eating  at a table in the interstage last year, we got to earwig  on a group of friends reminiscing about their jolly hockey sticks private school stories and how they were staying in lovely yurts in the interstage area. (it wasn't clear what work they were doing).

about 5 years ago we randomly bumped into the wife's cousin (neither knew the other was there).

48 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

But from what i've seen or understand the upgrade to hospitality tickets is a step too far for us, really don't see the benefit

mostly there's no benefit unless needed for working, its not something i'd pay-for (i got it as press some years had it but didn't bother to collect the wristband). i think most people like to have it for the pose.

15 hours ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Could I ask what an EPO ticket is please?  Not heard that before. 

said above, but what wasn't said is it's an electronic wristband  that is used by various festivals in different ways.

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2023 at 10:13 AM, The other Bellboy said:

We've always had our own or a rented van when we've been before so this is the first time for us in a tent and without our own fridge and cooking facilities, so first time relying on others for all our food 

I'm guessing your package includes  festival tickets too....? Must be talking a pretty penny for that. 

We used pitch your own in Love Fields last year. No doubting the convenience of having your car right by your tent and the stress free arrival. It was heaven and only 5 minutes walk to gate C. We didn't use any of the caterers or bars or  anything, just the toilets and showers. We cooked breakfast on our own stove before heading in for the day. 

On 10/19/2023 at 10:16 AM, Skip997 said:

Easy Pass Out

No need to show half ticket or pass out.

No idea what Love Fields punters have done to deserve them.

The festival are working towards everyone having EPO bands to stop wristband slipping. Problem is they get you into a lot of crew bars at the moment!

3 hours ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

I'm guessing your package includes  festival tickets too....? Must be talking a pretty penny for that. 

We used pitch your own in Love Fields last year. No doubting the convenience of having your car right by your tent and the stress free arrival. It was heaven and only 5 minutes walk to gate C. We didn't use any of the caterers or bars or  anything, just the toilets and showers. We cooked breakfast on our own stove before heading in for the day. 

How much did that cost?