Elton bloody John 🚀

William Mann

15 hours ago, mike46 said:

just rewatched the set back. What a night!

Not my all-time, the Stones still edge it from Blur for me but Elton was undeniably magical. 

Elton was a fantastic night but still doesn't get into my all time top 5 (top ten on the other hand...).

Gonna make a point of rewatching it in the coming days.

On 1/2/2024 at 11:50 AM, Hugh Jass II said:

Elton was a fantastic night but still doesn't get into my all time top 5 (top ten on the other hand...).

Gonna make a point of rewatching it in the coming days.

Do you think being in the position in the field with the kids influenced that?

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

Like watching it on a 20 inch screen with the sound turned down to 1

Really don't see the point.

7 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Nah not really, it was so packed I doubt being closer would have made much difference. Besides, it was cute seeing my daughter do the “nanna nanna naas” to Crocodile Rock.

Like I said, it was very, very good, but I’ve enjoyed other sets even more.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Nah not really, it was so packed I doubt being closer would have made much difference. Besides, it was cute seeing my daughter do the “nanna nanna naas” to Crocodile Rock.

Like I said, it was very, very good, but I’ve enjoyed other sets even more.

My rating was definitely influenced by watching it from the extended field. Well 'watching' is stretching it. I wouldnt do that again. Pit or go home is the only big stage way forward for us.

16 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

My rating was definitely influenced by watching it from the extended field. Well 'watching' is stretching it. I wouldnt do that again. Pit or go home is the only big stage way forward for us.

Helped that I had already seen Elton a couple of months before at the O2. So was quite happy at GF to hang back and soak up the vibe.

On 12/28/2023 at 11:24 PM, Gnomicide said:

So... 6 months on, now it has had time to nestle a little firmer into the memory banks, how do people view Elton's set?

I didn't comment on the thread at the time but I really enjoyed it, probably more than I expected to. I've enjoyed a fair few other Pyramid headliners more (I don't think anything will ever top the Stones for me) but yeah... it was pretty spectacular. 

I'm not even an Elton John fan in day to day life but I absolutely loved it at the time, and looking back now I realise how amazing it was I got to be there! Worry is that my Glasto experience has peaked too early (and this was my first year going) and who would top that on the pyramid stage for me now? 😅 haven't watched the full set back yet so might put it on tonight and re-live it all again 🙂