Lana Del Rey Curfew

Tom_12

1 minute ago, JonSnow said:

A warm welcome to the newest member of my Mount Rushmore of efestivals unrelenting super fandom

-Colorblindjames - Lana Del Ray

-Mat - Doja cat

-Suprefan - Bad Bunny

Still one slot up for grabs folks!

Me - Pronghorn

3 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Are you in charge of this site? Are you new to social media? I'm not asking anyone engage with me on this thread.

Send me a link to the "facts". 

Why are you so angry though?

You've just came along, accused masses of being sexist, misogynist and are just being downright rude to everyone.

It's a community this site. You've clearly got a passion for festivals, because you've signed up for eFestivals, so to be so damning of Glastonbury, and dismissive of one artists lateness issues is just bizarre. 

The site has to be ran rigid, it's got 250,000 people in there. If the curfew is midnight it's midnight. If i went through the council website, I'm certain the curfews and rules and legislations would be listed. 

She was late, she let everyone down. It's great that you're passionate, but you can't do anything to prevent her letting everyone down. Calm down, appreciate the great weekend you've just had, one which thousands are gutted to have missed. 

1 minute ago, Bobs said:

Why are you so angry though?

You've just came along, accused masses of being sexist, misogynist and are just being downright rude to everyone.

It's a community this site. You've clearly got a passion for festivals, because you've signed up for eFestivals, so to be so damning of Glastonbury, and dismissive of one artists lateness issues is just bizarre. 

The site has to be ran rigid, it's got 250,000 people in there. If the curfew is midnight it's midnight. If i went through the council website, I'm certain the curfews and rules and legislations would be listed. 

She was late, she let everyone down. It's great that you're passionate, but you can't do anything to prevent her letting everyone down. Calm down, appreciate the great weekend you've just had, one which thousands are gutted to have missed. 

Condescending drivel.

I'm still waiting on your "facts".

2 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Misogyny is just a big joke to you is it?

No. I take it very seriously. I also take the number of albums an artist has released and on what dates very seriously. Knowing that information shows respect to an artist. I'm sure you know how many albums GnR released in 2009-2016 off the top of your head, but you can't be bothered to actually learn that information for Lana. Why? Because she's a woman. "6 or 8." It's just casual misogyny. No-one would say "Oh Springsteen has put out 10 or 12 albums since 2002" - so why say that for a woman?

Guns N Roses showed up mega late for their Reading set in 2010 after being told that if they did, their set would be cut short, and low and behold, their set was cut short, they threw a tantrum and it changed nothing and they had to leave the stage.

Festivals are a business with strict rules in place and Lana knew this but still refused to come on stage despite being told her set was gonna be cut short. They even asked her to amend her setlist so she could fit in the hits, but nope, she ignored all that and decided that she was just gonna play late, despite knowing full well that wasn’t an option. What an entitled idiot, which is a shame because her set sounded like it was great.

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

What is this nonsense.

You're basically saying "if people were just making stuff up it would be misogynistic"

People would rightly be calling Axl out if he had a tantrum (something that might have happened). It's sh*t behaviour, it's the artists fault, and people are on here trying to defend them like idiots

What I intended to say was that if people had pulled the ‘she was getting her hair done’ out of nowhere it could be rooted in misogyny, that a female artist might be more likely to do so. It would be a very random thing to say otherwise. My point was that it wasn’t that, Lana brought it up and it is relevant.

I fully agree the blame is with the artist, it is part of why I’ve never bothered seeing GNR before, and was pleasantly surprised by their professionalism as I would have been ripping them apart if they were late and missed the hits at the end.

So yeah, (based on what I/we know) calling Lana out for her actions, and it being nothing to do with her gender, I agree with.

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

No. I take it very seriously. I also take the number of albums an artist has released and on what dates very seriously. Knowing that information shows respect to an artist. I'm sure you know how many albums GnR released in 2009-2016 off the top of your head, but you can't be bothered to actually learn that information for Lana. Why? Because she's a woman. "6 or 8." It's just casual misogyny. No-one would say "Oh Springsteen has put out 10 or 12 albums since 2002" - so why say that for a woman?

You sound like a complete nerd. Do you also alphabetise your record collection?

I know you were looking for a hot take but you need to do better. 

Just now, Colorblindjames said:

Very condescending towards “nerds”.

Dont you think? 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Guns N Roses showed up mega late for their Reading set in 2010 after being told that if they did, their set would be cut short, and low and behold, their set was cut short, they threw a tantrum and it changed nothing and they had to leave the stage.

Festivals are a business with strict rules in place and Lana knew this but still refused to come on stage despite being told her set was gonna be cut short. They even asked her to amend her setlist so she could fit in the hits, but nope, she ignored all that and decided that she was just gonna play late, despite knowing full well that wasn’t an option. What an entitled idiot, which is a shame because her set sounded like it was great.

Clearly the rules aren't that strict and were flexible for male artists. 

34 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

You make some good points, but I think you touch on the issue there - it's not about misogyny so much as it's about production version music. Yes, the hair is an important part of the "show" but generally this place is full of older punters who don't really care so much about the stage show as they do the music. It'd be more akin to Elton refusing to go on if the fireworks weren't ready and working for the first song. 

We'd all be saying the same stuff: just go on and play the bloody song. Yeah, it's a shame the pyros aren't working but you make do.

It's certainly a bias many here hold (and it's encapsulated by how much this forum generally hates Muse, who are one of the very few male-fronted rock bands who openly put more into the stage than the music...) but I don't think it's misogyny. 

This may well be true. And my view of some of the negative comments may be skewed by the b word dropped earlier in this thread. 

Lana has been criticised for her live shows through her whole career and it's clear she worked hard on improving that. It's a massive shame it all went down they way it did. Glad to see she still got very positive reviews outside of this forum and even by some on here.

1 minute ago, Colorblindjames said:

I am, thank you! Yes, I alphabetise my "records" granddad! (We just call them Spotify playlists)

I don't like the everyday misogyny in the term "hot take" though. Come on, it's not the 80s anymore.

Just now, Colorblindjames said:

Clearly the rules aren't that strict and were flexible for male artists. 

Literally two male artists ever, who were headlining the Pyramid, who both showed up ON TIME and wanted to play OVER their allotted time, and agreed to pay a big fee to do so - not show up late and expect to still play the same set length. You know this, but you’re clearly an idiot, or worse, a stan. 

1 minute ago, sneakysabi said:

This may well be true. And my view of some of the negative comments may be skewed by the b word dropped earlier in this thread. 

Lana has been criticised for her live shows through her whole career and it's clear she worked hard on improving that. It's a massive shame it all went down they way it did. Glad to see she still got very positive reviews outside of this forum and even by some on here.

I'd imagine somewhere there is a sensible point to be made about how the festival isn't really set up to cater for the needs of acts with very large and complex productions (as you say, down to even hair styling), which is more and more common with younger acts these days. But I suspect it's going to get lost in the trolling and shouting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Literally two male artists ever, who were headlining the Pyramid, who both showed up ON TIME and wanted to play OVER their allotted time, and agreed to pay a big fee to do so - not show up late and expect to still play the same set length. You know this, but you’re clearly an idiot, or worse, a stan. 

People are just starting to make things up on this thread.