Third world

Neil

4 hours ago, mungo57 said:

They were bloody excellent I must say

Did you turn up expecting reggae in the sunshine?Not really much reggae.I've seen them before so know they're a bit  different, it was me who suggested westholts book them and West Holt's think they were great too 

41 minutes ago, Neil said:

Did you turn up expecting reggae in the sunshine?Not really much reggae.I've seen them before so know they're a bit  different, it was me who suggested westholts book them and West Holt's think they were great too 

Soon as I saw them on the lineup I had them down as someone to go see. Great set

• Like 1

Just watched it back again and my what a set that was. If you got them booked as you say @Neil then thanks for the input to the bookers. They had some great stuff on over the w/e but I only caught3 sets at WH due to clashes. Third World, BC,NR who were also class and Barrington Levy also.

Third World are in my top 3/equal 3rd of sets over the weekend easily, great from start to finish. Not REALLY reggae but amazing nonetheless.

their singer is unbelievably good 

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

Just watched it back again and my what a set that was. If you got them booked as you say @Neil then thanks for the input to the bookers.

i've definitely been nagging the booker for years  to book them, and it was his booking skill that made it happen. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

i've definitely been nagging the booker for years  to book them, and it was his booking skill that made it happen. 🙂 

We may have differing opinions on GNR (I thought they were f**king brilliant just had a crowd that didn’t give 2 f**ks) but on Third World we can agree. The opera vocals at the end were amazing.

did you see Barrington? I know you’re a reggae man- thought he was great too. Not as good as Third World but thoroughly enjoyed his set. Especially when he refused to leave as they were picking his kit away at the end of his set and he was going acapella 🤣

Edited by mungo57

Happened to be in the area after some time "healing" so dragged some friends on your recommendation, Neil.

Good choice.  Not your typical reggae type is it?!  Combined wiht the food, drink and space to move around in, really enjoyed them,

'Time to say goodbye' left us a little emotional shall we say 😥 lack of sleep probably.

Will pinch that off the iplayer for sure

1 hour ago, bamber said:

Brilliant. Try Jah 💘 

I'm guessing that I must be in a very elite group who saw them both times they've played?

i've seen them twice before both at festivals (reggae sunsplash, London '83 i think; and one love festival about 5 years ago), but not Glastonbury. Glastonbury was the best yet, but they're always a bit different and require your concentration to get the best from them, if 'cat' does his guitar thing, that slows it right down from reggae tunes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dumski said:

dragged some friends on your recommendation, Neil.

Good choice.  Not your typical reggae type is it?! 

glad i didn't give you a duff one. definitely not typical its what makes them stand out, and why i've been nagging steve to book them (which he finally did 🙂 ).