Football 2023/24

charlierc

On 8/5/2023 at 11:12 AM, charlierc said:

Looking at the Championship, this feels perhaps like the best opportunity for 3 teams to bounce back straight up. Although conversely there's arguments all of Leicester, Leeds and Southampton might find ways to f**k it up.

All depends who Leicester and Southampton keep to be honest, We all hope Leeds mess it up. 

Went to united yesterday, Onana is going to be interesting. 😃

On 8/1/2023 at 1:54 PM, The Nal said:

Yeah a few late mega bids. Klopp probably the worst effected manager in all this. Rough summer for him. Milner, Hendo, Nabi, Fabinho, Firminho. 3 of them to Saudi. A massacre.

salah is next apparently. saudi also got mane so will be the liverpool reunion team.

14 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Man Utd waiting for the women to come back from the World Cup before making a decision on Greenwood. Why have they waited this long to get their views?

Sounds more like they are being told why they are letting the rapist back in the team

8 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

To me Man U are sending a clear message. You can do what you want to women if your market value is sufficient.

Was anyone expecting this one club to be a moral beacon though? The whole sport at the top level is an absolute sewer now.

20 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The photos and audio is out there. I think a common sense solution would be send him to Saudi where they probably care less about the rights of a woman.

Nice rounded argument there.

I would say a more pressing matter is the amount of misogyny involved in football, that's more of an issue. 

I would say United have handled it in the wrong way, continue to do so. They should have announced the outcome of the internal investigation as soon as the charges were dropped. The easy solution would be to send him out on loan for the remaining 2 years of his contract, which the more it goes on the more likely they are to keep him. 

Hakimi is an interesting case, on a rape charge but allowed to play for PSG and his national team. Whats more interesting is there is not much of an outcry from rival supporters or the media. I remember when the charges were announced and they were playing Bayern, no booing from fans or uproar from the media. The Arsenal player being investigated is also another interesting one, he continues to play for Arsenal with. 

Mendy has started to rebuild his career at a new club, after being found innocent. 

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Greenwood has not been found guilty of anything, right?

The weirdest part of the case, is how f**ked up there relationship comes across.

On one hand she accuses him on social media of sex crimes, then gets back with him/engaged/baby. 

On the other hand he is stopping with a lady who has accused him on social media, reported him to the police for sex crimes. Then has the charges dropped. 

From an outsider, there relationship sounds very toxic. 

37 minutes ago, thetime said:

I would say a more pressing matter is the amount of misogyny involved in football, that's more of an issue. 

it's a big problem with young people and kids in general right? Hear about all sorts of horrible stuff going on in schools, boys getting all their education from toxic social media feeds, Andrew Tate etc. Needs sorting out.

43 minutes ago, thetime said:

Nice rounded argument there.

I would say United have handled it in the wrong way, continue to do so. They should have announced the outcome of the internal investigation as soon as the charges were dropped. The easy solution would be to send him out on loan for the remaining 2 years of his contract, which the more it goes on the more likely they are to keep him. 

Hakimi is an interesting case, on a rape charge but allowed to play for PSG and his national team. Whats more interesting is there is not much of an outcry from rival supporters or the media. I remember when the charges were announced and they were playing Bayern, no booing from fans or uproar from the media. The Arsenal player being investigated is also another interesting one, he continues to play for Arsenal with. 

It’s clear Man Utd want to reintegrate him back, that risks the worst possible situation for him where they bring him back and could have to U turn. It also puts the Man U fans in a difficult situation. Opposition fans Will rightfully go after him, wil the Man U fans react in the normal way by defending him? 

I get what you say about the French situation, but I get the impression you can get away with this stuff more in most countries than the uk.

20 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It’s clear Man Utd want to reintegrate him back, that risks the worst possible situation for him where they bring him back and could have to U turn. It also puts the Man U fans in a difficult situation. Opposition fans Will rightfully go after him, wil the Man U fans react in the normal way by defending him? 

I get what you say about the French situation, but I get the impression you can get away with this stuff more in most countries than the uk.

I think united fans will protect him. Hey united have a statue outside of player who beat his wife to a pulp and put her in hospital. Thats not to mention the likes of Giggs and Ronaldo. 

29 minutes ago, thetime said:

I think united fans will protect him. Hey united have a statue outside of player who beat his wife to a pulp and put her in hospital. Thats not to mention the likes of Giggs and Ronaldo. 

I wait for the announcement from Man Utd how he will be made to attend a training session to learn about how not to abuse women.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Man utd want to get some money for his contract.otherwise they could just release him, and and the problem is sorted for utd .

6 hours ago, thetime said:

The weirdest part of the case, is how f**ked up there relationship comes across.

On one hand she accuses him on social media of sex crimes, then gets back with him/engaged/baby. 

On the other hand he is stopping with a lady who has accused him on social media, reported him to the police for sex crimes. Then has the charges dropped. 

From an outsider, there relationship sounds very toxic. 

Have you heard the audio?

'Trigger warning, graphic language'

"

The woman replies that she does not want sex and Greenwood’s tone becomes even more menacing: “I don’t give a f**k what you want, you little sh*t.”

She tries to protest but he shouts at her to shut up. She tries again, telling him she does not want to have sex.

Greenwood responds: “I’m going to f**k you, you twat. I don’t care if you want to have f**king sex with me. Do you hear me?”'

She also produced pictures that showed her with a bleeding face and bruises on her body. 

It's fairly clear he raped her. Do we need a court of law when we have audio of it happening?

From above, mendy was found innocent of course. Strange how eight different women lied about him being a rapist of course. But the court found him not guilty.

Edited by zahidf

28 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Have you heard the audio?

'Trigger warning, graphic language'

"

The woman replies that she does not want sex and Greenwood’s tone becomes even more menacing: “I don’t give a f**k what you want, you little sh*t.”

She tries to protest but he shouts at her to shut up. She tries again, telling him she does not want to have sex.

Greenwood responds: “I’m going to f**k you, you twat. I don’t care if you want to have f**king sex with me. Do you hear me?”'

She also produced pictures that showed her with a bleeding face and bruises on her body. 

It's fairly clear he raped her. Do we need a court of law when we have audio of it happening?

From above, mendy was found innocent of course. Strange how eight different women lied about him being a rapist of course. But the court found him not guilty.

ok...but the courts still did not find them guilty. Maybe it's all dodge, but if we just start accusing people of rape or whatever because we know better and there's this stuff on the internet that shows otherwise, then it's going to be vigilante bedlam, especially going forward with AI etc.