Football 2023/24

charlierc

39 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I thought Henderson would have stayed on for a season in the Premier League to preserve his space in the Euros squad next year and then chase that last blood money deal.

He is on £200000 a week, there’s no way he is waiting a year and risking injury and losing a deal worth far more than he is worth.

8 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

He is on £200000 a week, there’s no way he is waiting a year and risking injury and losing a deal worth far more than he is worth.

Money isn't always the driver, after all those two saps bought Wrexham.

On 7/15/2023 at 1:05 AM, zahidf said:

Ah all the footballers coming out to support Mendy I see. More than came out to support Ali. Says it all really.

I have to admit I haven’t kept a running tally, but saw a few come out to support both. In terms of Mendy I don’t know what to think. I wouldn’t want him playing for my club, but it seems hard to stop him having a career on the back of a not guilty verdict.

On 7/16/2023 at 5:21 AM, Neil said:

Shrewd move by Beckham signing Messi for inter Miami reckon they'll be queuing round the block to get into the not yet built stadium.

Even with their stadium not yet built and playing in an old stadium for a team that went out of business years ago, Messi alone is still enough to send the ticket price skyrocketing. Had a look and nothing below $160 for 2 home games coming up this week.

19 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Even with their stadium not yet built and playing in an old stadium for a team that went out of business years ago, Messi alone is still enough to send the ticket price skyrocketing. Had a look and nothing below $160 for 2 home games coming up this week.

not beckham, i just heard a different name on the radio,  for owner, etc.

17 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I have to admit I haven’t kept a running tally, but saw a few come out to support both. In terms of Mendy I don’t know what to think. I wouldn’t want him playing for my club, but it seems hard to stop him having a career on the back of a not guilty verdict.

Also keep seeing reports about the return of Mason Greenwood…

On 7/16/2023 at 5:23 PM, pink_triangle said:

Who to believe, the eight different women or the rich footballer with a good lawyer....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I don’t know who to believe as I wasn’t there. I don’t however believe an accusation should automatically result in a guilty verdict and a player losing his career.

These cases should be anonymous until proven guilty, no matter if you are famous or not.

4 hours ago, thetime said:

These cases should be anonymous until proven guilty, no matter if you are famous or not.

The trouble is from being charged to acquitted took Mendy 2 years, most of that in custody. In a social media world how do you keep that secret?

I also think there the Greenwood audio file is in the public interest. If everything anonymous he would have an undeserved good reputation.

8 hours ago, zahidf said:

Yuck

Good day with Rich footballers and good lawyers

he wasn't cleared, they decided not to retrial (a technical difference), so the accusation still stands as valid.

50 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I also think there the Greenwood audio file is in the public interest. If everything anonymous he would have an undeserved good reputation.

Whats strange about that individual case, is that his gf has forgiven him and got engaged and had a baby. Whilst majority outside are still outraged by it. Which is difficult to understand in 2 ways for me. 

1. Why would you get engaged and have a baby with a guy, who you have accused of raping you and beating you up.

2. Why would you get back with a women, who has accused you of raping her and destroyed your career.

55 minutes ago, thetime said:

Whats strange about that individual case, is that his gf has forgiven him and got engaged and had a baby. Whilst majority outside are still outraged by it. Which is difficult to understand in 2 ways for me. 

1. Why would you get engaged and have a baby with a guy, who you have accused of raping you and beating you up.

2. Why would you get back with a women, who has accused you of raping her and destroyed your career.

I think from a damage control perspective getting back with her is to MG advantage. It’s hard to know her reasoning and she is perfectly entitled not to give it.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I think from a damage control perspective getting back with her is to MG advantage. It’s hard to know her reasoning and she is perfectly entitled not to give it.

Why would it be to Mason Greenwood advantage? 

Edited by thetime