Football 2023/24

charlierc

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

ok...but the courts still did not find them guilty. Maybe it's all dodge, but if we just start accusing people of rape or whatever because we know better and there's this stuff on the internet that shows otherwise, then it's going to be vigilante bedlam, especially going forward with AI etc.

The courts didn't make any decision on greenwood.  Saying that is a lie I'm afraid. The victim stopped co-operation with the prosecution. You can make assumptions why (a massive payoff is one such assumption).

are you saying the audio is fake? Why?

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The courts didn't make any decision on greenwood.  Saying that is a lie I'm afraid. The victim stopped co-operation with the prosecution. You can make assumptions why (a massive payoff is one such assumption).

are you saying the audio is fake? Why?

not saying anything. Just saying he was not found guilty in a court of law.

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

How do you know it's real?

Yup. Why are you saying it isn't?

I assume BTW greenwood would have immediately put evidence out saying it was fake if it was.

I know your whole shtick is seeing both sides, but doesn't really work when one side is shown to be a violent rapist by audio evidence. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

You can make assumptions why (a massive payoff is one such assumption).

Pay off? It's hardly a ronaldo situation.

How would the pay off work? They live together and have a baby. Here's a million quid to drop the charges, oh I'm just going to give the baby his bottle to get him to sleep. 

23 minutes ago, thetime said:

Pay off? It's hardly a ronaldo situation.

How would the pay off work? They live together and have a baby. Here's a million quid to drop the charges, oh I'm just going to give the baby his bottle to get him to sleep. 

Cos they've got a baby they might have wanted the agro to go away.its about more than just those two. Wouldn't be great for the kid if his dad had a conviction for raping his mum .

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

Cos they've got a baby they might have wanted the agro to go away.its about more than just those two. Wouldn't be great for the kid if his dad had a conviction for raping his mum .

I can't get my head around, why she wanted a baby from a guy she's accused of raping her. 

Likewise why would he get back with someone who's accused him of rape. 

Like I've said its a very weird relationship.

What I find strange is people are up in arms about it all, except the most important people in the situation. 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

So that is it. Should he be allowed to play for United again?

To me there are two different discussions here. When talking about guilt from a legal perspective it is right that he is not in jail as there has been no criminal conviction. I think when talking about Mendy Zahidf seems to support a presumption of guilt which I feel would be a dangerous route to go down from a legal perspective.

Then there is a conversation if the words/actions put him into disrepute that he shouldn’t play for the club. My view is the club supporting him is justifying violence against women and sexual assault so this should disqualify, plenty of clubs worldwide who wouldn’t care how you treat a woman where he can go.

29 minutes ago, thetime said:

I can't get my head around, why she wanted a baby from a guy she's accused of raping her. 

What I find strange is people are up in arms about it all, except the most important people in the situation. 

You know that a lot of abused women go back to their abusers and even have kids with them?

Thats the least surprising thing about this whole situation to me.

People are up in arms because they know someone has gotten away with being a rapist and is about to be put into one of the biggest football teams in the world. Cos he can score with both feet

15 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

To me there are two different discussions here. When talking about guilt from a legal perspective it is right that he is not in jail as there has been no criminal conviction. I think when talking about Mendy Zahidf seems to support a presumption of guilt which I feel would be a dangerous route to go down from a legal perspective.

Then there is a conversation if the words/actions put him into disrepute that he shouldn’t play for the club. My view is the club supporting him is justifying violence against women and sexual assault so this should disqualify, plenty of clubs worldwide who wouldn’t care how you treat a woman where he can go.

The mendy thing, having read the facts about the case, he had very good lawyers who used the sexual history of a couple of his accusers to sow doubt I'm the juries mind. 

The fact City got rid asap shows what's going on there really.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The mendy thing, having read the facts about the case, he had very good lawyers who used the sexual history of a couple of his accusers to sow doubt I'm the juries mind. 

The fact City got rid asap shows what's going on there really.

At the same time rich people shouldn’t be presumed guilty just because they have rich lawyers. I have no doubt many rich people get away with stuff, but moving to a presumption of guilt also has its flaws.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

some people have toxic relationships ans keep them going, not for me, i try to swerve the nutters.

42 minutes ago, Neil said:

some people have toxic relationships ans keep them going, not for me, i try to swerve the nutters.

Not many accuse them of rape in such a public way and get charged, then get back together though. I honestly can't understand that one, who on earth does that? 

That just goes right over my head. 

And yeah nutter free, they both come across as lunatics. 

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

Not many accuse them of rape in such a public way and get charged, then get back together though. I honestly can't understand that one, who on earth does that? 

That just goes right over my head. 

And yeah nutter free, they both come across as lunatics. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/why-bad-looks-good/202107/why-do-domestic-violence-victims-return-abusers

It's really common. 

Not sure calling someone a nutter is appropriate, when she has posted audio of her being raped and pictures of her bruised body post rape.

Edited by zahidf

29 minutes ago, zahidf said:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/why-bad-looks-good/202107/why-do-domestic-violence-victims-return-abusers

It's really common. 

Not sure calling someone a nutter is appropriate, when she has posted audio of her being raped and pictures of her bruised body post rape.

I didn't say nutter for all of the details I was talking about the relationship(from the outside) and the overall situation.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

I didn't say nutter for all of the details I was talking about the relationship(from the outside) and the overall situation.

Even in the context of the relationship, she is the victim of abuse and sexualy assault. Her being with her abuser is messed up but there are reasons for it as per the article I posted, and I don't think it makes her a 'nutter'

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Even in the context of the relationship, she is the victim of abuse and sexualy assault. Her being with her abuser is messed up but there are reasons for it as per the article I posted, and I don't think it makes her a 'nutter'

i dont think so either but the whole situation is nuts.