Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

12 hours ago, Ecclestone82 said:

The long lead time until tickets coming on sale is giving me anxiety!

It's a long time since The National have played a circa 2,000 capacity venue and I'm in Barcelona for Primavera (then going to Italy to see them).

I don't have VIP ticket just regular, and there doesn't seem to be an upgrade option (nor does Cherry Tree National fan club seem to be offering a priority window) so in the lottery with the masses and praying seems to be the only way to get tickets. 

How much in demand are these shows? Exceptionally a suppose. 

Seems like the most of the people don't care that much about Ciutat shows. Last year I've booked tickets for Pet Shop Boys (Sala Apolo) and Darkside (La [2] Apolo) with a regular ticket without any effort. So I think just booking it when the regular Ciutat sales begin might work.

Edited by aaalive

I am getting more and more anxious/super excited at the same time regarding the time table.. Friday I find quite relaxed with only Lana to see at Mordor for me, but Thursday and Saturday are brutal. Will be a great edition!

I bit "worried" I might end up at the main stages too often as I'm eager to see Pulp, Justice, Mitski, FKA Twigs (still hope she'll be there), PJ and Lana. Of the smaller names I like Model/Actriz, Brutus and Voxtrot most and looking forward to seeing Arab Strap again if the timetable is not to cruel with me.

My ciutat wishlist:

Monday - Apolo 2 (Maustetytöt)

Tuesday - La Nau (Voxtrot)

Wednesday - Razzmatazz (The National)

Sunday - Apolo (The Lemon Twigs + Royel Otis)

I'll try to book all of them and maybe cancel Tuesday / Sunday after the main days timetable is released.

• Like 1

As for the new albums released before the festival, isn't Voxtrot also an option? I couldn't google anything but they started releasing new singles last autumn, so there might be a chance of new album being just around the corner.

8 hours ago, pipan said:

As for the new albums released before the festival, isn't Voxtrot also an option? I couldn't google anything but they started releasing new singles last autumn, so there might be a chance of new album being just around the corner.

Makes sense. Though if we dont have a date or even an announcement that there's an album on the way, I think it wont come out before the festival 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Yeah, Thursday's gonna kill us. Especially afraid of the Pulp/Vampire Weekend/Beth Gibbons triangle 

May they all land in Mordor? Everyone of them too big to play elsewhere... 

2 hours ago, branvan said:

May they all land in Mordor? Everyone of them too big to play elsewhere... 

Justice will probably close the mordor, let's say 3am. Pulp and VW before them in any order, let's say 23 and 1am.

So we need Beth Gibbons to start before 21:00-21:30. If its auditury its possible to start around 20:00. Ray-Ban or Amazon stages can be around 22:00 as well.

And that's in the case they dont put Deftones between Pulp and VW, whice will make things more complicated.

God, just give us the schedule and release us of the misery....

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Justice will probably close the mordor, let's say 3am. Pulp and VW before them in any order, let's say 23 and 1am.

So we need Beth Gibbons to start before 21:00-21:30. If its auditury its possible to start around 20:00. Ray-Ban or Amazon stages can be around 22:00 as well.

And that's in the case they dont put Deftones between Pulp and VW, whice will make things more complicated.

God, just give us the schedule and release us of the misery....

In 2023, the last act at mordor started around 2am. So, maybe Justice 02:15-03:30, Pulp 00:30-02:00, VW 23:00-00:15.

Before VW it could be Deftones or Beth Gibbons. But maybe one of these two will end up on Amazon or Cupra. Beth Gibbons on Cupra would be great!