Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

16 hours ago, katyaz said:

I can't believe it's next month!!

So who is out at this point? One of the guys in Sandwell District passed away earlier this year so I'm not sure they will still play but there are two others in the group. Twigs has already been spoken about many times...

Did I read that Razz will not host any Ciutat gigs? I see there is already another show on May 28... Razz is very close to where I am staying so I'm just being lazy here

Sandwell District live are Regis and Function so I think they're still in.

45 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

She won't be a twigs replacement, not the right size for it to me. I could see her added to Friday though. Thurs has 49 names, Friday 45, Sunday 46.

They have often replaced with a slightly smaller name in the past. Or maybe two Kim Gordon size acts to replace Twigs.

39 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They have often replaced with a slightly smaller name in the past. Or maybe two Kim Gordon size acts to replace Twigs.

they're not going to add a replacement for an act one day on another day, how would that work for day ticket buyers?

I think she will be added but it wont be a direct replacement.

11 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

they're not going to add a replacement for an act one day on another day, how would that work for day ticket buyers?

I think she will be added but it wont be a direct replacement.

Good point. I guess though though they could announce a couple of new names and simultaneously a couple of cancellations including Twigs and offer refunds for Saturday, especially if they know it is selling well in any case? 

8 minutes ago, allribena said:

Curiosity question- how come everyone's so sure Twigs is pulling out? They're still using her face on the adverts... I wanna be naively optimistic I think!

Primavera is next month and yet she doesn't have any other shows.

19 minutes ago, LBare said:

We are 56 days away....when are we beginning to check weather forecasts? 😁

It has to be said that after such an incredible run of dry PSs - about 10 years I think - we are due a wet one : p

(By predicting this, I'm guaranteeing it won't happen)

Edited by xxialac

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Primavera is next month and yet she doesn't have any other shows.

I don’t wanna blindly believe she will be there but I don’t think this is a convincing arguement. She was billed as euro+uk exclusive so she would not have a run of other dates close to primavera in any case. 
And a primavera date before a us leg doesn’t offer logistical advantage over a one-off primavera date and a us tour later in the year 

6 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

And a primavera date before a us leg doesn’t offer logistical advantage over a one-off primavera date and a us tour later in the year 

Wouldn't it make more sense to rehearse for a batch of shows? Her crew also would prefer I imagine to not just do a random one-off for not much money.

37 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to rehearse for a batch of shows? Her crew also would prefer I imagine to not just do a random one-off for not much money.

yes, but how could that have been planned without a eu+uk run?

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

It has to be said that after such an incredible run of dry PSs - about 10 years I think - we are due a wet one : p

(By predicting this, I'm guaranteeing it won't happen)

Madrid and Porto took the brunt of the rain. Enough for the next decade I think!! 

• Thanks 1