Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

5 hours ago, brosch said:

Saw The Last Dinner Party last night. A little thin yet, but should be fine for a 45min early evening Ray Ban set. This years Wet Leg

Saw them in Milan two days ago and it was awesome! So happy to see them in a small venue, it might've been the last time

14 hours ago, brosch said:

Saw The Last Dinner Party last night. A little thin yet, but should be fine for a 45min early evening Ray Ban set. This years Wet Leg

Saw them a year ago at Green Man. They're OK but they ain't Wet Leg..

14 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

disappointing that they are not playing the classic big festivals. I wonder if the whole festival circuit will have a harder time in the future to book not just taylor swift and beyonce but also mid-size in-demand acts
 https://www.anohni.com/

Tickets are so expensive for the Barbican 

i booked the super upper balcony ones for £40 each. 
ridiculous. 
would have indeed much preferred them to be on the PS line up but oh well. Never seen them before so treat!

On 2/29/2024 at 11:39 AM, ibo said:

ridiculous. 
would have indeed much preferred them to be on the PS line up but oh well. Never seen them before so treat!

I booked some standing tickets for their Berlin show thinking it was a steal at €50, but it is behind the entire seating section, some were upwards of €100. But I think it'll be more of an audio, rather than visual show, so not too fussed.

On 2/29/2024 at 10:39 AM, ibo said:

ridiculous. 

Barbican Hall is pretty small anyway so it wont be a terrible view, it's not like nosebleeds at an arena. I've gone for the 40 quid ones too.

On 3/2/2024 at 3:20 PM, brosch said:

It certainly looks so

Don't think its a Zeitgeist issue. Anohni is an artists that i wouldn't expect to turn up at festivals anymore. I saw her on the last tour and the entire show rested on the intimacy of a philharmonic hall.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Don't think its a Zeitgeist issue. Anohni is an artists that i wouldn't expect to turn up at festivals anymore. I saw her on the last tour and the entire show rested on the intimacy of a philharmonic hall.

but let's remember that PS has the Auditori...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

but let's remember that PS has the Auditori...

True and it's a huge USP for the festival but I don't think they have the appetite to put a bigger artist there based on the last 9 years. They can squeeze a hell of a lot more than 3,000 people in Mordor and hard to justify on a commercial basis.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, frankburns said:

No. There is a-non-primavera-concert at Razzmatazz on Tuesday:

https://www.salarazzmatazz.com/en/28-05-2024/the-hellacopters

I'm hoping that YLT and MG will both play at Sala Apolo.

Another good spot! Alternatively they could be in Parallel 62 (would be my guess) or maybe Razzmatazz 2. La Nau and Laut probably too small.

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

St Vincent as a replacement for Twigs and an instant repeat? She's around and her new album sounds like it will be a winner (she gave a good performance but IMO the last album was a disappointment).

God that would be a terrible replacement for the artist of all the line up you bill as an exclusive