Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

Hmm, he wrote "sounds like they will be headlining Primavera this year" which is nowhere near as definitively worded as the above.

Don't see them as big enough to headline in Spain either. They weren't a headliner at the smaller Cala Mijas a few months ago. 

Plus, we already have enough headliners.

Oh and the small matter of them being in the US at the time...

I think idles can be a 4th headliner in terms of popularity, with the new album. I agree that the dates do not allow it. 
It seems that they have some dates for late June so it must be Glastonbury. About the Thursday, it has the most appealing line up but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the worst selling day 

Edited by Whos3000_

2 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Yeah, The most 'New Normal' day in the history of music festivals

If this is their new normal let them just go for it. Here it’s hardly a slogan to sell tickets. Those 5 acts are undeniably hot tickets and just wait for the charli and Fka twigs releases to come 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

They are all distinctly average and female?

We all have our preferences but if you don't like even 1 name from that diverse list of 8, perhaps indie music isn't for you? Primavera has historically been a festival geared towards more alternative names than, say, Mad Cool and Benicassim.

• Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

That Royel Otis Debut is absolutely fire. Sounds like Phoenix' best days mixed with some 60s Swagger and Modern Lovers.

Yeah really enjoying it, can see them attracting a decent crowd. I had thought they might be on Dice but 4 million monthly Spotify listeners (vs 50k for Gilla Band as a ref point) might dictate otherwise (not sure if that's due to murder on the dancefloor cover blowing up though?)

On 2/16/2024 at 8:22 AM, birchtree29 said:

It sounds a lot like their third album Modern Vampires of the City. It has more darker tone compared to Father of the Bride which was released in 2019. They are the biggest reason I want to buy tickets to Primavera for but I am just waiting in case they announce a UK tour for the summer. The exclusivity is only for EU and not UK. 

You may have spotted but VW has announced a fairly extensive US and Canada tour across the summer months. There's plenty of gaps in there for additional dates so can't rule out a UK one but certainly feels less likely than it did a week ago. 

PS must be paying them quite a bit if they're only in Europe for one gig - back in Texas a week later so it's definitely not an extensive trip over anyway! 

Love the new songs. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

You may have spotted but VW has announced a fairly extensive US and Canada tour across the summer months. There's plenty of gaps in there for additional dates so can't rule out a UK one but certainly feels less likely than it did a week ago. 

PS must be paying them quite a bit if they're only in Europe for one gig - back in Texas a week later so it's definitely not an extensive trip over anyway! 

Love the new songs. 

Loving them myself.

The pre 9/11 New York videos are so evocative too.....what a vibe.

2 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Butler was never accused of rape, people here gotta get their facts straight. Not like PS is gonna book him though, so why bring it up again.

More interesting question is if there were be another late headliner addition like New Order last year.

Don't think there will be. There'll be a replacement for FKA Twigs I assume but no one huge.

34 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Just assumption that she'll drop out due to the Ceremonia gig being binned off yesterday. Can't imagine her playing one gig in 5 years at primavera and nothing else at all.

yeah, it does make some sense, let's hope that she wont drop out (again)

replaced by Grimes in that Mexican festival, sounds like a possible replacement for us too (personally I'd prefer if they'll just move Beth Gibbons to Saturday out of the clashes-bloodbath we call Thursday)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

Just assumption that she'll drop out due to the Ceremonia gig being binned off yesterday. Can't imagine her playing one gig in 5 years at primavera and nothing else at all.

Don’t really see the need for worries or speculation at this point, she only had 2 dates anyway, and it’s much easier to go to Barcelona from UK then to Mexico, plus her Mexico date was 2 months prior to Barcelona, so it could be anything that she had to do in March.

Until she’s out, it’s just speculation. I kind of believe she will be there, cause Primavera dedicated a bit of time to promote her as exclusive act. Worst case scenario we might get someone like Grimes, that tbh I wouldn’t mind to see.