Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

9 hours ago, Ildavo said:

But booking Maneskin and Calvin Harris is good curation?... not that I have an issue with them being booked as there is plenty of other acts to see. Primavera should have no limits and surprise us. Booking The National every other year is worse (in my opinion) than booking Liam Gallagher or Coldplay once ever.

Yeah, I think Maneskin and Calvin Harris should have been to use your words "off limits" and was a rare example of poor curation and indeed which drew a lot of criticism on here.

And as of next year (2024) The National will have played 5 times since 2010 which I agree is too much but only just (would have preferred 3 or 4 times). And of course it's easy to forget on here given our obvious high interest in this event, but a high percentage of attendees will be attending the festival for the first time so for them it's not relevant who has played previously.

• Thanks 1

I think it's great that this festival generally tries to books acts based on quality rather than popularity. Plenty of festivals just book the biggest names they can get every year so it would be sh*t if every big festival did the same. Primavera definitely has a more curated lineup than most similar sized festivals, as xxilliac said.

I agree it can get snobby on here but remember this group is a small minority who are a lot more obsessive than your average attendee. I also agree that The National is a tired booking at this point but if it means we're moving away from Calvin Harris/Maneskin and back to what seem to be the core principles of the festival I'm OK with it.

Edited by UsernameHere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

It only took 1 month to me to go from being annoyed by the national to being annoyed by who they will clash with since I want to see them for the 4th time 😂

Will be my 9th time since 2017 ffs

Already have tickets for them in Cardiff after too, wouldn't mind a clash but would ultimately like to see them as they are one of my favourite bands

Booked for 2024 and pretty content with the line up (I missed 2022 so less bothered about some of the repeat bookings).

Anyone still need to buy their weekend ticket? I did Madrid this year and I've got one spare 30% discount code (for the cancelled day) as one of my mates who came isn't doing Barcelona 2024. It's valid for one ticket via Dice and only until 31st December but works out over an 80 euro saving. If so, shout and I'll message the code privately.

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

So no Razmatazz gigs for the city gigs on Tuesday? This doesn't look to be promoted by PS and I can't see them booking the razmatazz if there are other promoted gigs that night

So we're back to the pre-covid model? Only few concerts at Apollo on Monday, Tuesday and Sunday and that's it? But why would they wait for so long to announce 15 gigs? 

I don't mind waiting for the ciutat names til january but I really hope the ciutat part of the festival won't go back to 2019 sizewise.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, pipan said:

So we're back to the pre-covid model? Only few concerts at Apollo on Monday, Tuesday and Sunday and that's it? But why would they wait for so long to announce 15 gigs? 

I don't mind waiting for the ciutat names til january but I really hope the ciutat part of the festival won't go back to 2019 sizewise.

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if it has been scaled back if the Razmatazz is seemingly booking other gigs.

But razzmatazz has 3 venues within the venue. 
so maybe on that Tuesday night they will have smaller bands in razz 2 and razz 3 and something in Apollo and something else in la 2. 
and the other venues too. 
para.lel / Laut / poble espanyol etc etc 
who knows !!

Edited by ibo