Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

10 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

They're great live, the debut album was really good imo and as you said, it's Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood. I'm not surprised they're so popular. In fact I was very surprised they played Cupra last time as I thought they'd be too big - but it was perfect.

Don't forget Tom Skinner in this equation. He sure isn't such a household name, but he is very well known in the vibrant jazz szene that has spilled over into the "indie-mainstream" in recent years so he probably fuses a lot of people into this project compared to only people who are Radiohead fans anyways.

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Don't forget Tom Skinner in this equation. He sure isn't such a household name, but he is very well known in the vibrant jazz szene that has spilled over into the "indie-mainstream" in recent years so he probably fuses a lot of people into this project compared to only people who are Radiohead fans anyways.

That's a fair point. Plenty of demographics being hooked in, many out of curiosity.

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

why? I mean, currently there are no indications, but it would absolutely be possible. She has played much smaller fests than PS, I saw her at MELT in 2015 headlining alongside Alt-J and London Grammar

What form does primavera have for booking anything like Kylie? Absolutely none.

they book old indie and modern pop / rap but very little old pop. Yeah she has had recent albums but no one wants to hear songs from them live.

Just an unrealistic suggestion imo as prima have no form for booking the likes of her.

She also rarely ever does festivals. Not sure how relevant 2015 is. 

Edited by Memory Man

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

What prior booking at any primavera makes you think they’d go after her?

its not their style really at all.

is she even touring? Its just a classic type of name you get on fake posters that has absolutely no basis in reality and it makes me laugh.

I can see her easily as Wednesday headliner (Pet Shop Boys 2023 slot), as one of the posters suggested.

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

is she even touring? Its just a classic type of name you get on fake posters that has absolutely no basis in reality and it makes me laugh.

I agree that there are no tourdates and hence it doesn't make sense to discuss her as a concrete option, but just generally she would of course be a great fit. She is a disco-pop icon, which is one of the most flourishing subgenres of the current moment and she'd be the perfect culmination of a disco pop day with, say, Jessie Ware and Roisin Murphy.

Tool would way more of an outlier than she'd be.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

She’s rumoured to tour, so that depends.

In therms of being or not being their type of music, I think she actually is, she has a new album that is critically acclaimed and is a bit more alternative compared to her older albums, I think that if she really does tour next year, she’s gonna come to Primavera.

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Absolutely, he's fantastic. Sons of Kemet are brilliant live as well but I just named the 2 from Radiohead because that's probably what got most of their listeners.

I have a sneaky feeling The Cure will be there; maybe even as a EU/European Exclusive headliner. Haven't played since 2012. No European festivals since 2019.

Yes, no tour dates yet but they are tied to Primavera with the SA shows happening this month. Think it will be either 24 or 25 in any case.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, beau1 said:

I have a sneaky feeling The Cure will be there; maybe even as a EU/European Exclusive headliner. Haven't played since 2012. No European festivals since 2019.

Yes, no tour dates yet but they are tied to Primavera with the SA shows happening this month. Think it will be either 24 or 25 in any case.

That looks like a typical name that would headline NorthSide festival also, and that's why they are probably waiting to announce the same day as Primavera. I think out of rock/alternative bands it's going to be the main one at Primavera 24, the other 2 big headliners will be either pop/r&b and trap/reggaeton.

1 minute ago, Last_Exit said:

Kylie is active, she is doing one of those Las Vegas residencies, which ends in May 2024.

As said before and by many, she would make it pretty like for like with the PSB's on the Wednesday.

Female, fairly big name even if a little older, big LGBT following - very much the new normal vibe.

Ninety minutes, we reckon?

45 minutes ago, branvan said:

Has anyone ever sold his/her ticket with ticketswap? Is that no problem with a Primavera-(VIP-)Ticket? 

It's usually entirely impossible, and the alternative they offer is terrible. Beware.

I couldn't possibly sell my ticket two years ago.

Edited by justsaying