Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

52 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Maybe I read too much into this, since it's not even confirmed. But if they really decide to not book fan-favourites like KGLW and Slowdive for this year even though they are around, this might be a sign that they are confident with the line-up and maybe save those for 2025/2026.

As long as The National don't confirm more dates towards early June I would guess they are also not coming. Then there's IDLES with a Barcelona headline show - also unlikely. All of them played in 2022 so it makes sense, I guess.

There will be suprises but I think PULP and PJ Harvey are tbc at this point and next years headline classic Primavera acts. Which is wonderful.

9 minutes ago, Createur said:

As long as The National don't confirm more dates towards early June I would guess they are also not coming. Then there's IDLES with a Barcelona headline show - also unlikely. All of them played in 2022 so it makes sense, I guess.

There will be suprises but I think PULP and PJ Harvey are tbc at this point and next years headline classic Primavera acts. Which is wonderful.

I love The National, Slowdive and Idles and think KG are amongst the best live acts out there, but I must say I find it somewhat comforting that PS apparently isn't going for (all) these low hanging fruit.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I love The National, Slowdive and Idles and think KG are amongst the best live acts out there, but I must say I find it somewhat comforting that PS apparently isn't going for (all) these low hanging fruit.

I agree, as I didnt go in 2023 I was worried 2024 was gonna be very similar to 2022 with some of the names floating around.

5 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

Arcade Fire? 

fronted by an abuser playing a festival that is supposed to be inclusive and offer safe spaces? I really hope not

https://www.bigissue.com/culture/music/primavera-sound-misogyny-and-sexual-harassment-uk-festivals/

Edited by scatteredscreens
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

Me too (I don't even like them) but the lack of available headliners and the fact that they play in South America in March...

I imagine they are an easier booking in South America which is why they are playing there. I feel like promoters are likely to let that stuff slide. They haven't played a UK gig since 2022 or Europe outside of that Meo Kalorama 2023 date. I can only imagine promoters are just refusing to book them on a moral principle more than cost/availability.

Edited by scatteredscreens

Lollapaloozas in South American released their lineups. It looks more or less like this. I think from this we can take some artists, probably SZA, Phoenix and some smaller artists. Not sure about Paramore (due to the Taylor Swift European dates) and Arcade Fire (all the accusations) but overall seems like another boring year for festivals. 

image.png.d6931e9857644e13ea7d5d548de48f5d.png

8 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

Me too (I don't even like them) but the lack of available headliners and the fact that they play in South America in March...

We simply don't know all the names available yet. There are three names (PJ Harvey, Pulp, Kali Uchis) that could be headline level (if maybe not in the #1 spot) in the mix as of now.

Many fests like Rock Werchter, Pinkpop, Down the Rabbit Hole, Best Kept Secrret or We Love Green haven't yet announced anything at all. There are gonna be many more names coming up.

Also, PS is often one of the first festivals to announce certain big names, f.e. The Cure have been rumored to play Europe in 2024 before and would be a good fit for PS as well as the aforementioned fests.

And

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

We simply don't know all the names available yet. There are three names (PJ Harvey, Pulp, Kali Uchis) that could be headline level (if maybe not in the #1 spot) in the mix as of now.

Many fests like Rock Werchter, Pinkpop, Down the Rabbit Hole, Best Kept Secrret or We Love Green haven't yet announced anything at all. There are gonna be many more names coming up.

Also, PS is often one of the first festivals to announce certrain big names, f.e. The Cure have been rumored to play Europe in 2024 before and would be a good fit for PS as well as the aforementioned fests.

And

I agree with all what you've said but can you please point to me (as a cure fan) these cure in Europe rumours because I cannot for the life of me find any and think this is just a name being thrown around for no reason. I hope I'm wrong but I feel they are simply not active next year.

22 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Lollapaloozas in South American released their lineups. It looks more or less like this. I think from this we can take some artists, probably SZA, Phoenix and some smaller artists. Not sure about Paramore (due to the Taylor Swift European dates) and Arcade Fire (all the accusations) but overall seems like another boring year for festivals. 

image.png.d6931e9857644e13ea7d5d548de48f5d.png

Think out of this list SZA, Paramore (considering they're in Spain), Jungle and The Blaze are likely

• Upvote 1

For me personally it has always been the quality and the variety of the undercards that has brought me to Primavera every year since 2016 and that makes this festival unique. Very seldom spend any time in Mordor except for a couple of concerts each year. Hopefully they will be able to put together a great collection of undercards next year as well. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4