The Last Dinner Party

UpAndDown

1 hour ago, TheBoz said:

TLDP followed by Wunderhorse was a cracking start to the Saturday. Both fantastic sets for the 1st 2 acts on. I'm gutted the tour doesn't have a Birmingham or West Mids date

Me too but then found out they are supporting Hozier at his arena gig 

12 hours ago, TheBoz said:

TLDP followed by Wunderhorse was a cracking start to the Saturday. Both fantastic sets for the 1st 2 acts on. I'm gutted the tour doesn't have a Birmingham or West Mids date

i managed to buy two tickets to their gig at the Hare and Hounds in Brum a couple of weeks ago, no idea if its sold out since 

playing in July

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Were they any good?  Big crowd?

Tent was full - MC reckoned biggest audience for an opening act, but he could just have been excited.   I enjoyed them enough to get tickets to see them again later this year.   They certainly have more than the one song everyone knows.  Godzilla was a highlight.   Their stage outfits / style  will only exacerbate the Wet Leg comparisons 

Loved them. Will be getting tickets for their Bristol gig when on sale tomorrow. Support is Picture Parlour who supported Manics at Bath Forum 2 weeks ago and also well worth catching so will be good value for £15.

Other half went to Max Richter and was moved to tears. Gutted that this isn't on iPlayer...

6 hours ago, Jon F said:

Tent was full - MC reckoned biggest audience for an opening act, but he could just have been excited.   I enjoyed them enough to get tickets to see them again later this year.   They certainly have more than the one song everyone knows.  Godzilla was a highlight.   Their stage outfits / style  will only exacerbate the Wet Leg comparisons 

Exactly all of this.

However, Jim often says it's the biggest opening act crowd he's ever seen. Maybe they are just getting bigger?

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Anybody watched the Coachella live stream for this lot? Looked brilliant. 

This video is just a fan one so hopefully they post the full set at some point. I think they're going to tear up the farm. So good.

I did. The whole show was fantastic.
Great crowd energy, too. People really turned up.

They'll be great on the farm.

Looking forward to Russell Crowe showing up for 'Ceasar on a TV Screen'.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, rubenz said:

I was at the one as well, great show despite a few technical issues with the mics breaking!

Screenshot_20240415_200355_Instagram.jpg

I actually thought that improved it!

Nothing Matters sounds really slow to me after they blasted through it to make sure the sound desk didn't crap out again lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

They're currently tearing it up again. You can rewind the Coachella live streams. They've gone up to my top three artists to see this year.

In my top 3 as well. 

Looks like the live show is just as good as the record!