BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

On 12/8/2023 at 11:02 AM, gooner1990 said:

For the 2nd year running there will be NO highlights package on BBC2 NYE after Jools Holland of this years Glastonbury, instead on BBC1 at 00:40 Elton John's set will be played in full (2 hours)

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

You usually get the highlights show broadcast late night on NYE.

Hoping Reg's set gets an airing at some point over the festive season.

🙂 

On 12/12/2023 at 4:54 PM, DareToDibble said:

I have thankfully still got the full Elton set on my Sky box. It's been getting a weekly watch since I knew I had 2024 tickets.

Still wondering when he'll release the extended edition where he adds Can You Feel The Love Tonight to the end of the set.

Our sky plus box is one of those boxes with lots of memory and has every highlight programme back to 2013, plus almost every bit of Glastonbury coverage since 2016, including the programmes broadcast during dark days of covid. 
The main reason we havnt changed to a sky Q box, as this would all be lost. The Elton set gets a lot of play, love the drone shots. 

3 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Is there no way to watch the highlights from 2023 online anywhere? What's the thinking behind that?

Not that I've seen.

The two hour highlights package that usually gets put together and shown on BBC2 around a week after the festival and again at NYE wasn't on BBC2 NYE after Jools Holland last year and isn't scheduled for this one either having been a staple for well over a decade.

The highlights package that was shown this year has been taken off iPlayer. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Is there no way to watch the highlights from 2023 online anywhere? What's the thinking behind that?

There's loads of stuff on Bilibili that isn't on YouTube but I can't find the highlights show. They have stuff like the full Lana show which was pulled pretty sharpish from the BBC.

【Lana Del Rey2023年英国Glastonbury音乐节全场演出-哔哩哔哩】 https://b23.tv/49Sni9S

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Not that I've seen.

The two hour highlights package that usually gets put together and shown on BBC2 around a week after the festival and again at NYE wasn't on BBC2 NYE after Jools Holland last year and isn't scheduled for this one either having been a staple for well over a decade.

The highlights package that was shown this year has been taken off iPlayer. 

I’ve still got the highlights programme of this year on sky planner. It’s basically just artist after artist and doesn’t have as many clips of what was going on around the site such as t and c , stone circle, night venues etc that we saw on previous years highlights packages. Always like those images, gives a better sense of what the festival is all about. 

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ve still got the highlights programme of this year on sky planner. It’s basically just artist after artist and doesn’t have as many clips of what was going on around the site such as t and c , stone circle, night venues etc that we saw on previous years highlights packages. Always like those images, gives a better sense of what the festival is all about. 

I had noticed that had crept in with other more recent ones......I have 1998 & 1999 on my Sky box and they both give a very good overview of the entire festival, clips and shorts with people who went and the strange goings on amongst all the top name artists.

Edited by gooner1990
  • Upvote 1