BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

You just know that the BBC are going to show THAT song about 15,000 times over the weekend!

Wouldn't surprise me if the security people do a dance routine to it as well - can't see them doing it to Yusuf/Cat.

You guessed right.

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Their Latitude set was incredible last year, opened on motorcycle, ended on Tolerate and had a She Sells Sanctuary cover thrown in the middle for good measure - definitely be catching them on the stream later 

First time I’d seen them live at Latitude last year. They blew me away. Should have been headlining that night.

So, what's everyone's thoughts on tonight's headliners? I'm struggling a bit - don't mind a bit of LDR, but it might be a bit depressing for a Saturday night. CATQ is alright but a bit arty-farty for me. G'n'R will probably be dogshit. Think I'm leaning towards a bit of Loyle Carner & then switching to Fatboy for the party vibes.

3 hours ago, prestonmike said:

THeyre a weird one the Manics, ive seen them at their own show and loved them, saw them at Leeds festival and loved them, but last time they were at Glastonbury (2014?) i was a bit underwhelmed by them and left half way through, will definitely give them a watch today though

They did that weird Europe song in the middle with some random German chick too. Was a bit off 

13 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

So, what's everyone's thoughts on tonight's headliners? I'm struggling a bit - don't mind a bit of LDR, but it might be a bit depressing for a Saturday night. CATQ is alright but a bit arty-farty for me. G'n'R will probably be dogshit. Think I'm leaning towards a bit of Loyle Carner & then switching to Fatboy for the party vibes.

will probably take it as a chance to catch up on Maggie Rogers and Maneskin seeing as the partner wants to watch Lewis Capaldi and Lizzo when those two are on. then a bit of C+TQ before bed 

This week I've gone from feeling slapped in the face every time Glasto was mentioned on the BBC during the time we would've been travelling there and setting up (even bloody Women's Hour was there) to being really glad of coverage from so many stages. Likely I'd have missed Sparks and nipplegate if I'd been there. And last night as I headed upstairs I thought 'at least I don't have to walk 2 miles to my bed'. Would still bite someone's hand off for a ticket though...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

This week I've gone from feeling slapped in the face every time Glasto was mentioned on the BBC during the time we would've been travelling there and setting up (even bloody Women's Hour was there) to being really glad of coverage from so many stages. Likely I'd have missed Sparks and nipplegate if I'd been there. And last night as I headed upstairs I thought 'at least I don't have to walk 2 miles to my bed'. Would still bite someone's hand off for a ticket though...

There's quite a few acts I wouldn't have seen if id been there, missing out on a ticket and missing all the stuff away from the main stages will still hurt, but i wont be quite as upset about missing out on tickets in future as i was this year, the BBC coverage is pretty good, just need them to add a couple of other stages, Acoustic and Avalon for a start

22 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Great start from Working Mens Club - getting a strong Madchester vibe!

Really enjoying their set, and a nice reminder I still need to listen to their latest album. Their debut was very good.