Campervan East entry queue times

timbrass

Last year we arrived on Thursday PM and unsurprisingly there was zero queue to get in!  My question is is.... When does the traffic/queue going into CVE subside?  Are there queues all of Tuesday PM? When does it quieten down on Wed? 

I appreciate this isn't an answer to the question you asked but I offer it anyway, under the impression all information could be useful in a small way. 

I arrived in our van to CV East at around 11am Thursday in 2022 and had no traffic on Blue Route. I was in a small queue at the point where you exchange your paper ticket for the sticker, which took around 15 minutes. This was exacerbated by the fact staff had run out of stickers and had to send for more, which involved convoluting accounting, presumably to ensure none were being simply dished out and the number of paper tickets handed in corresponded to the number of stickers handed out.

14 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I appreciate this isn't an answer to the question you asked but I offer it anyway, under the impression all information could be useful in a small way. 

I arrived in our van to CV East at around 11am Thursday in 2022 and had no traffic on Blue Route. I was in a small queue at the point where you exchange your paper ticket for the sticker, which took around 15 minutes. This was exacerbated by the fact staff had run out of stickers and had to send for more, which involved convoluting accounting, presumably to ensure none were being simply dished out and the number of paper tickets handed in corresponded to the number of stickers handed out.

I reckon you got in just before the queues got bad. We arrived into  thick traffic at lunchtime. Took about an hour to get on site when we were only in theory 10 mins away. Got on site at about 1.30pm Tues.

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I reckon you got in just before the queues got bad. We arrived into  thick traffic at lunchtime. Took about an hour to get on site when we were only in theory 10 mins away. Got on site at about 1.30pm Tues.

I was on Thursday. 95% of vans were already there. I had to work on the Wednesday 😪

Just now, blutarsky said:

I was on Thursday. 95% of vans were already there. I had to work on the Wednesday 😪

Oh sorry, maybe I mis-read I thought you meant Tues. 

I think the majority of people arrive on the Tuesday to be honest (even the campers who park and sit in the queue) so probably by weds and Thurs the routes are more clear.

2 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Oh sorry, maybe I mis-read I thought you meant Tues. 

I think the majority of people arrive on the Tuesday to be honest (even the campers who park and sit in the queue) so probably by weds and Thurs the routes are more clear.

Absolutely this. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Twunt said:

@blutarsky which field was you put in when you arrived the Thursday morning ? How far was the walk? 

may also depend on which field (Quiet or General) and the size of vehicle... a small vw can fit anywhere (end or a row etc) but a caravan with awning would likely go in the next available slot .. 

At that time I would imagine E24 for Quiet and E14 for General

56 minutes ago, Twunt said:

What field and what were you driving ? I have a 6m fiat 

We were in that triangle between E24 and E19. Vauxhall Vivaro (roughly the same size as a VW camper) but we were definitely parked up next to a Motorhome

Edited by Twiggy553

On 6/18/2023 at 10:56 AM, Twunt said:

@blutarsky which field was you put in when you arrived the Thursday morning ? How far was the walk? 

I joined my sister who was already parked up, on the edge of E16/17. If I'd taken my 'rightful spot' at the back I'd have been in the last third of E14, closer to the road. 
In fairness, being in E14 isn't that bad as you can cross the road there and walk through the quiet fields. Being right at the back of E14 puts you closer to gate C than anywhere in E15 and E17, and closer than most of E16. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I joined my sister who was already parked up, on the edge of E16/17. If I'd taken my 'rightful spot' at the back I'd have been in the last third of E14, closer to the road. 
In fairness, being in E14 isn't that bad as you can cross the road there and walk through the quiet fields. Being right at the back of E14 puts you closer to gate C than anywhere in E15 and E17, and closer than most of E16. 

This

9 hours ago, blutarsky said:

So did you sister save you a spot? id you just tell the stewards where you was going? We are arriving Tuesday and another Thursday but would like to be together

Edited by Twunt

11 hours ago, ModernMan said:

First year in the CV fields, looking to arrive about 3pm tomorrow. What are the queues normally like around then? 

Thanks all 🙂

had to say what the queue will be like. whatever time you arrive expect to queue, if you don't have to that's a bonus.

2 hours ago, Twunt said:

So did you sister save you a spot? id you just tell the stewards where you was going? We are arriving Tuesday and another Thursday but would like to be together

Yeah, she lied about the size of her awning then parked badly 😂 

Took a bit of persuading to be allowed to drive to join them but I think the steward I dealt with was just a bit green and unsure. 

First time in campervan for us this year too...

Been reading about the filling of campervan East in the horse shoe sequence (E18, then E17, E16, E15, E14). 

We will probably be arriving around 1pm on Wednesday... Is it likely E14 will be filling at that point? 

10 hours ago, Rudi said:

First time in campervan for us this year too...

Been reading about the filling of campervan East in the horse shoe sequence (E18, then E17, E16, E15, E14). 

We will probably be arriving around 1pm on Wednesday... Is it likely E14 will be filling at that point? 

Can't say for sure, but I arrived around 11am Thursday last year and E14 was half full, so at a guess I'd say E14 won't be in use yet on Wednesday afternoon.